how do YOU board ships?

• Topic Archived

User Info: DrFeelgood1235

DrFeelgood1235
3 years ago#1
Not How to. But how do you do it?

Rope swing? Wait and jump over? Swim over?

Side note how do I use mortars?
"You lock the door and throw away the key.
There's someone in my head, but its not me" Dark side of the moon

User Info: ukeguy808

ukeguy808
3 years ago#2
I go up to the sails and air assassinate from there.

To use mortars you hold L2 and use right stick to aim and R1 to fire
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

User Info: Ksetrat

Ksetrat
3 years ago#3
Mortars: Use L2 to aim them and R1 to fire. these are great when they are in front of you. I generally do the chain shot first to slow them down a bit, grab the mortar and blast em. farewell half the ship strength.

I generally use the swivel cannons once the boarding has started.
Can normally get at least 5/10 enemies down with those.
depending on my mood, i'll either go onto the railing and just shoot down whatever i need to finish them off, or if i'm not in a rush, rope swing over.
there are a couple ships that require me to go on the other ship, same concept though. i just reload before hopping over if i need it.
I will not hesitate to put my life on the line to keep myself out of harms way.
Now Playing: Shadowrun, Skyrim, GTAV, Disgaea D2, AC4:Black Flag.

User Info: charey

charey
3 years ago#4
Rope Swing on to the ship if I am feeling lazy, or take the zipline up to the sail then jump to the other ship's sails and assassinate someone to start the fight.
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart

User Info: obliviondoll

obliviondoll
3 years ago#5
Depends on the target.

I always man the swivel gun first, but how I use it differs. If there's a "kill officers" or "kill captain" objective, those targets are my first priority with the cannon. If those objectives don't exist, I primarily aim for killing as many enemies as possible. If there's a "destroy powder stores" objective, I'll kill at least one of them, but I'll try my best to make it clear a few crew members with it.

After clearing the deck, if there are survivors (Against Schooners, this is rare), I'll generally use the nearest rope to swing across - UNLESS there was a "kill scouts" objective, in which case I take the lift up and shoot the scouts down, then cross onto the enemy ship from above.
"I want my meals to think for myself"

User Info: emidas

emidas
3 years ago#6
I've been lazy with the last few. I just shoot them from my boat with my pistols.
i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB | Crucial M4 256GB | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance LP
http://i.imgur.com/3yaehOJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/pj1VJu4.jpg

User Info: FutureShockUK

FutureShockUK
3 years ago#7
Use the lift to go up high, then swing down and assassinate someone from the rope. If you're gonna pirate, do it in style!
I'm gonna learn ya how to play buttball.
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hounds_of_injustice Feel free to join!

User Info: Joey2cool

Joey2cool
3 years ago#8
emidas posted...
I've been lazy with the last few. I just shoot them from my boat with my pistols.
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012

User Info: areeb319

areeb319
3 years ago#9
Whenever I engage in Naval combat I play the Pirates of the Caribbean theme on my phone....

There's no better feeling
Ezio=Altair>Connor
PSN-Addi97319

User Info: Bigb131999

Bigb131999
3 years ago#10
yupp if i have to kill a certain person, then i take em out first. use all my svivels, headshot some higher level enemies, then get on and battle with my swords. so much i havent tried tho yet, u can have so many tactics.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived