how do YOU board ships?

#1DrFeelgood1235Posted 11/1/2013 9:38:48 AM
Not How to. But how do you do it?

Rope swing? Wait and jump over? Swim over?

Side note how do I use mortars?
---
"You lock the door and throw away the key.
There's someone in my head, but its not me" Dark side of the moon
#2ukeguy808Posted 11/1/2013 9:43:53 AM
I go up to the sails and air assassinate from there.

To use mortars you hold L2 and use right stick to aim and R1 to fire
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
#3KsetratPosted 11/1/2013 9:46:00 AM
Mortars: Use L2 to aim them and R1 to fire. these are great when they are in front of you. I generally do the chain shot first to slow them down a bit, grab the mortar and blast em. farewell half the ship strength.

I generally use the swivel cannons once the boarding has started.
Can normally get at least 5/10 enemies down with those.
depending on my mood, i'll either go onto the railing and just shoot down whatever i need to finish them off, or if i'm not in a rush, rope swing over.
there are a couple ships that require me to go on the other ship, same concept though. i just reload before hopping over if i need it.
---
I will not hesitate to put my life on the line to keep myself out of harms way.
Now Playing: Shadowrun, Skyrim, GTAV, Disgaea D2, AC4:Black Flag.
#4chareyPosted 11/1/2013 9:52:13 AM
Rope Swing on to the ship if I am feeling lazy, or take the zipline up to the sail then jump to the other ship's sails and assassinate someone to start the fight.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#5obliviondollPosted 11/1/2013 10:14:01 AM
Depends on the target.

I always man the swivel gun first, but how I use it differs. If there's a "kill officers" or "kill captain" objective, those targets are my first priority with the cannon. If those objectives don't exist, I primarily aim for killing as many enemies as possible. If there's a "destroy powder stores" objective, I'll kill at least one of them, but I'll try my best to make it clear a few crew members with it.

After clearing the deck, if there are survivors (Against Schooners, this is rare), I'll generally use the nearest rope to swing across - UNLESS there was a "kill scouts" objective, in which case I take the lift up and shoot the scouts down, then cross onto the enemy ship from above.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#6emidasPosted 11/1/2013 10:49:24 AM
I've been lazy with the last few. I just shoot them from my boat with my pistols.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6Ghz | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB | Crucial M4 256GB | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance LP
http://i.imgur.com/3yaehOJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/pj1VJu4.jpg
#7FutureShockUKPosted 11/1/2013 10:57:50 AM
Use the lift to go up high, then swing down and assassinate someone from the rope. If you're gonna pirate, do it in style!
---
I'm gonna learn ya how to play buttball.
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hounds_of_injustice Feel free to join!
#8Joey2coolPosted 11/1/2013 11:23:05 AM
emidas posted...
I've been lazy with the last few. I just shoot them from my boat with my pistols.

---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#9areeb319Posted 11/1/2013 12:39:53 PM
Whenever I engage in Naval combat I play the Pirates of the Caribbean theme on my phone....

There's no better feeling
---
Ezio=Altair>Connor
PSN-Addi97319
#10Bigb131999Posted 11/2/2013 3:45:33 PM
yupp if i have to kill a certain person, then i take em out first. use all my svivels, headshot some higher level enemies, then get on and battle with my swords. so much i havent tried tho yet, u can have so many tactics.