Jeez louise...how do you use the Heavy Shot?!!

#1RyunipotentPosted 11/3/2013 9:48:10 AM
I mean omg I bought it and they don't even tell you how to use it. -_-
---
You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets! Work your butt off!
#2occupinePosted 11/3/2013 9:49:50 AM
well if you didnt notice or get the pop up, a QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH or a QUICK FORUM/MESSAGE BOARD SEARCH would of gotten you the answer, as there are plenty of lazy gamers who can't read pop ups/ignore pop ups who have asked this question
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#3KillerSlawPosted 11/3/2013 9:51:41 AM
You fire it the same way you do regular round shot, except you don't hold L1.

Holding L1 lets you fine aim the round shot, Heavy Shot can't be fine aimed, so you just look to the left/right and press R1
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif http://i.imgur.com/a4j8q1m.gif
#4gamefan190Posted 11/3/2013 10:03:42 AM
KillerSlaw posted...
You fire it the same way you do regular round shot, except you don't hold L1.

Holding L1 lets you fine aim the round shot, Heavy Shot can't be fine aimed, so you just look to the left/right and press R1

---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable." -Noctis Lucis Caelum - Final Fantasy XV
#5obliviondollPosted 11/3/2013 10:05:55 AM
occupine posted...
well if you didnt notice or get the pop up, a QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH or a QUICK FORUM/MESSAGE BOARD SEARCH would of gotten you the answer, as there are plenty of lazy gamers who can't read pop ups/ignore pop ups who have asked this question

And if you had any semblance of common courtesy or basic decency as a human being, you'd consider sharing your unmatched wisdom and experience with those less fortunate. Being a jerk all the time doesn't help anyone. You get upset with people, they get upset with you, and because you're the instigator, things go more wrong for you than the other guy.

Grow up, and when someone asks a question that you could answer easily without needing to post it on the forums, be polite and helpful enough to ANSWER it instead of just throwing senseless abuse at a person doing the RIGHT THING and ASKING when they don't know something.

It doesn't matter whether you ask an in-game manual, a faceless search engine, or a real person via these forums or others. Asking a question is better than muddling through and pretending you know what's going on.

...anyway, going back on topic now...

When you first buy Heavy Shot, the game usually (but not always) provides a tool tip at the first instance where you're in command of your ship after the purchase. If you've disabled tool tips, it obviously won't, and it sometimes glitches and shows incorrect tips or none at all for certain things. Also, it frequently shows random tool tips as you play, so if you have the function on, you'll eventually get a message telling you how Heavy Shot works.

As the poster before me explained, you just aim off the side of the ship and press R1 to fire WITHOUT holding L1. Before you buy the upgrade, you can fire normal shot using this method, but it's not practical when you can aim your normal shot more accurately.

It's worth emphasising that the range on your Heavy Shot is very limited, but by exploiting angles during a storm, you can still get it to travel quite far. The lack of fine aim doesn't generally hurt it because it's a short-range option, and you'll rarely be hitting with it at any real distance. With a few upgrades, a solid Heavy Shot broadside can instantly sink a Schooner, and will probably do the same to some Brigs by the time you max it out.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#6occupinePosted 11/3/2013 10:07:27 AM
obliviondoll posted...
occupine posted...

And if you had any semblance of common courtesy or basic decency as a human being, you'd consider sharing your unmatched wisdom and experience with those less fortunate. Being a jerk all the time doesn't help anyone. You get upset with people, they get upset with you, and because you're the instigator, things go more wrong for you than the other guy.

Grow up, and when someone asks a question that you could answer easily without needing to post it on the forums, be polite and helpful enough to ANSWER it instead of just throwing senseless abuse at a person doing the RIGHT THING and ASKING when they don't know something.

It doesn't matter whether you ask an in-game manual, a faceless search engine, or a real person via these forums or others. Asking a question is better than muddling through and pretending you know what's going on.

...anyway, going back on topic now...

When you first buy Heavy Shot, the game usually (but not always) provides a tool tip at the first instance where you're in command of your ship after the purchase. If you've disabled tool tips, it obviously won't, and it sometimes glitches and shows incorrect tips or none at all for certain things. Also, it frequently shows random tool tips as you play, so if you have the function on, you'll eventually get a message telling you how Heavy Shot works.

As the poster before me explained, you just aim off the side of the ship and press R1 to fire WITHOUT holding L1. Before you buy the upgrade, you can fire normal shot using this method, but it's not practical when you can aim your normal shot more accurately.

It's worth emphasising that the range on your Heavy Shot is very limited, but by exploiting angles during a storm, you can still get it to travel quite far. The lack of fine aim doesn't generally hurt it because it's a short-range option, and you'll rarely be hitting with it at any real distance. With a few upgrades, a solid Heavy Shot broadside can instantly sink a Schooner, and will probably do the same to some Brigs by the time you max it out.

people shouldn't have to answer questions that have already been answered a thousand times.
Give a man an answer and he is happy for a day, teach a man to use the search bar and he is happy for a lifetime
---
#7obliviondollPosted 11/3/2013 10:12:37 AM
occupine posted...
people shouldn't have to answer questions that have already been answered a thousand times.
Give a man an answer and he is happy for a day, teach a man to use the search bar and he is happy for a lifetime

I'm not saying you have to answer. But you don't have to post in the thread wasting space and getting yourself AND other people annoyed by it if you don't feel like answering.

There's no purpose to being rude to someone over a simple question. Yes, he could have found the answer for himself. Yes, suggesting that he use search functions, the game manual, etc. in future would be a good idea. But no, being a jerk towards him won't help. All you'll achieve is to bury your own attempted "lesson" with frustration at your demeanour. If you want to help someone, HELP THEM, don't make them hate you. Provide an answer, or a POLITE description of how they can find the answer for themselves. That way, you're actually being helpful, even if you don't directly give them the answer they're looking for.

When you make yourself look bad, people will stop listening even if you have a valid point. Then who are you helping?
---
#8occupinePosted 11/3/2013 10:17:54 AM
obliviondoll posted...
occupine posted...

I'm not saying you have to answer. But you don't have to post in the thread wasting space and getting yourself AND other people annoyed by it if you don't feel like answering.

There's no purpose to being rude to someone over a simple question. Yes, he could have found the answer for himself. Yes, suggesting that he use search functions, the game manual, etc. in future would be a good idea. But no, being a jerk towards him won't help. All you'll achieve is to bury your own attempted "lesson" with frustration at your demeanour. If you want to help someone, HELP THEM, don't make them hate you. Provide an answer, or a POLITE description of how they can find the answer for themselves. That way, you're actually being helpful, even if you don't directly give them the answer they're looking for.

When you make yourself look bad, people will stop listening even if you have a valid point. Then who are you helping?

you must be new to the internet, people rarely pay attention to polite advice
---
#9obliviondollPosted 11/3/2013 10:22:53 AM
occupine posted...
you must be new to the internet, people rarely pay attention to polite advice

You must be new to human interaction, people NEVER pay attention to anything someone says when they're annoyed with the person.

Pro-tip: rarely > never.

I'd rather have a slim chance of being listened to than none at all.

Also, when someone asks a question, they're in a state where they're looking for help. A polite pointer in the right direction usually gets a thank you and a positive result for all involved. Saying "learn to google, idiot" gets someone like me helping YOU to learn some basic life lessons if you're lucky, and a whole lot of rage from the victim of your insults (not "help" no matter how good you may think your advice is) if you're not.
---
#10Darklama2Posted 11/3/2013 8:37:43 PM
occupine posted...

I've heard this before but in a different verse;
Give a man fire and he is warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for a lifetime.
---
PSN: Darklama