best upgrades for the jackdaw

#1VetisTheWickedPosted 11/3/2013 7:43:49 PM
which upgrades should i prioritize? i read somewhere the swivel is a good investment.
---
And I suppose if told I was on the underside of hell you would throw yourself into oblivion to pursue me?
#2notedeathPosted 11/3/2013 7:55:22 PM
Your hull armor always comes first. Broadside cannons and round shot strength is also important since that's what you're gonna be firing 80% of the time. Swivel is also a good one to upgrade. Some people doesn't like mortar but it's very useful for me. At max level, it can do quite a lot of damage. Heavy shot is decent but it's only useful conditionally.
---
A decade has passed but it was all worth the wait for Kingdom Hearts 3.
#3darkslayer001Posted 11/3/2013 8:25:27 PM
fully upgraded heavy shot and hull is a must to tackle legendary ships
#4PFireflyPosted 11/3/2013 8:54:27 PM
notedeath posted...
Your hull armor always comes first. Broadside cannons and round shot strength is also important since that's what you're gonna be firing 80% of the time. Swivel is also a good one to upgrade. Some people doesn't like mortar but it's very useful for me. At max level, it can do quite a lot of damage. Heavy shot is decent but it's only useful conditionally.

I agree for the most part, though I find heavy shot to be highly useful. Saved my ass more than once when I was outclassed and surrounded.
---
"Look, the Cliffs of Insanity!"
#5joe76543Posted 11/3/2013 9:00:44 PM
The hull is the best bet then the power of your regular cannon and mortars are pretty good too and swivel cannon are really good when you max it out,
when you max out everything you can destroy man o war like nothing
#6CaptainLukaPosted 11/3/2013 9:15:24 PM
notedeath posted...

Heavy Shot is damn useful against every ship. It does insane amounts of damage. It's how I take down Man 'o Wars super quick. Heavy Shot + Upgraded Swivel is astounding.
---
PSN/Steam - Tyrannikos | 3DS FC: 4640-0120-2089
Currently playing - E.X. Troopers, Naruto Shippuden UNS3FB, ACIV Black Flag
#7AndreNitroPosted 11/3/2013 9:40:58 PM
Hull should be number one, followed by cannons.
---
Assassins Creed Black Flag
Derrick Rose now has a sidekick.
#8FindTheSecretPosted 11/4/2013 2:12:00 AM
You can nevet go wrong woth hull upgrades, more health means more time to fight.

Personally, i upgraded moryars and the ram alot. Those 2 things do ALOt of damage, even before the 2 last upgrades for the mortars, i could take down slbig ships in 2 direct hits. Its all about finding the right angle and anticipating where the enemie will be and where your attack will strike.

Also, the ram is incredible. Charge directly to the sides of ships, taking way less damage thn you would if they were next to you, lining up their shots. Just ram and watch them sink

Swivels are nice, but really only shine in combination with heavy shots. Shoot them, shoot 2 times with the swivels, heavu shot, swivel shot 2x, repeat.

So for me its hull - mortars - ram - heavy shot - swivels.

Mortar barage, ram at full speed, stun them with chain shots, turn, shoot heavy shot, fire swivels, heavy shot again and watch everything sink.
---
"If Lee Harvey Oswald didn't quickscope then I'm not quickscoping."
PSN: sgt_cumalot5713
#9obliviondollPosted 11/4/2013 3:48:19 AM
The Jackdaw is a Brig, which means you're pretty fast and agile. If you're good, you can avoid damage from a lot of the larger ships or brace in time to reduce it without needing the high-level armour upgrades as urgently. It's still a good idea to have that additional buffer, particularly when fighting multiple enemies at once.

If you're keeping distance and hitting targets at long range, Mortar upgrades are EXCELLENT. If you like to get in closer to the target and hit from point-blank range, upgrade Heavy Shot as a preference. Either way, the Broadside Cannons upgrades are always going to benefit you, and so do upgraded Swivel Guns (which are great when paired with normal Round Shot as well as Heavy Shot). If you're good at using Fire Barrels, they can also be pretty nasty, but they're not that powerful until upgraded.

Really, it depends on what you, personally, find the most useful. I'd say at least aim for the first couple of hull upgrades early on, but after that, it's anything goes as long as you can make it work.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"