black jaguar

#1nobrain_nobrawnPosted 11/4/2013 4:25:33 PM
I'm on the island where I just killed one of the Templars, Lucia Marquez, when I noticed that the island had black jaguars indicated on the map. I spent over half an hour running around, hiding in bushes, and climbing trees, but didn't encounter a single black jaguar. I thought that maybe they only appear at night. I waited again and still nothing. Any special condition for this thing to pop out?
---
Please don't flame me about my name -_-
#2Gladion20Posted 11/4/2013 4:26:42 PM
It's just kinda random of when they spawn, I will say though that black jaguars are easier to appear then white. I've also had better luck moving away from the symbol that the map says animals are suppose to be at, quite a ways away actually.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#3nobrain_nobrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 4:36:31 PM(edited)
white jaguars are harder to find than black? I just got 4 white jaguars, (one from hunting with Opia) in less than 5 mins. XD
---
#4Gladion20Posted 11/4/2013 4:37:42 PM
They're suppose to be rare spawns
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#5nobrain_nobrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 4:50:48 PM
emphasis on the "suppose to be"
---
#6melbye80Posted 11/4/2013 5:15:21 PM
They are there, In my playthrough both the guy i was following and the Assassin accompaniying me were attacked by one
#7xADxPosted 11/4/2013 5:29:52 PM
For me Black Panthers and Red Howler Monkeys if you go where the icon states. You may get one in the area. Just go somewhere else on the island and come back they will respawn pretty fast. I played AC3 so much, I started to say "yama" when skinning the animals.
#8FetulovesACPosted 11/4/2013 6:07:53 PM
Try fast traveling. Sometimes that makes animals spawn.

That sounded kinda wrong, didn't it? LOL!
#9nobrain_nobrawn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 4:32:59 PM
just got em. what I did was exit the animus while I'm on the island, reenter the animus, go the walk around the area where they show up, repeat (in this case, in the island where I killed Marquez, on shows up near the temple, and the area between the beach and the Mayan artifact)

got em 3 out of 4 tries.
---