Abstergo Challenge - Pet 5 Dogs

#1Shamone94Posted 11/6/2013 4:44:16 PM
Hi all. This is my very first post here on GameFaqs, so bare with me if I sound noobish in any way :)

So my first query is for AC4: Black Flag. Personally I absolutely love this game, and want to complete it 100%. So far I'm only one sequence 6, but wanted to get as many of the abstergo challenges done as possible, so when I finish the story, I will have completed the game 100% as well. Some of the challenges are nice and easy, others are frustratingly hard (Mini-game completion, damn Fanorona!!).

The one that is stumping me, is .... wait for it ..... Pet 5 Dogs

Yes, that's right, the Pet 5 dogs challenge is the brick wall I have hit. This is simply because, I have no idea where to find a dog at. I have looked everywhere I have unlocked (Nassua, Havana, Kingston, Great Inagua) and still can't find one. I can find cats, chickens, goats, pigs, and all the other wild animals, but I can't for the life of me find a dog. I just wanna pet it ... 5 times ... that's all.

Anyone out there who can tell me where the best place to find them is? I would greatly appreciate it
#2tabby3Posted 11/6/2013 5:07:39 PM
I find them all over, even some of the small islands....One was where I was trying to win nine men's morris....one dog kept showing up for me to pet...

But Kingston, I find them all over the docks area.
---
Pokemon x FC:1805-2783-5752 Pokemon trainer name: Emily
#3Remixx89Posted 11/6/2013 5:11:00 PM
I found one near the middle of Andreas Island and you only need to find one and pet it 5 times.
#4OhhSnapPosted 11/6/2013 5:26:46 PM
Try the small islands, the little trees on the world map. Don't need to pet 5 dogs though. Just pet one 5 times.

FYI you don't get anything for 100% sync. Nothing at all. But 100% sync is part of the 100 challenges you need to unlock all the cheats.
You should get working on your fleet stuff ASAP since those take forever. You need to do ALL fleet missions to get 100/100 and the last few take over 10 hours.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#5Shamone94(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 5:44:24 PM
Thanks Guys. Will try Andreas Island after another round of Ghosts TDM (believe it or not, I like the game. PS3 textures are horrible though).

OhhSnap posted...
Try the small islands, the little trees on the world map. Don't need to pet 5 dogs though. Just pet one 5 times.

FYI you don't get anything for 100% sync. Nothing at all. But 100% sync is part of the 100 challenges you need to unlock all the cheats.
You should get working on your fleet stuff ASAP since those take forever. You need to do ALL fleet missions to get 100/100 and the last few take over 10 hours.

Really, not even a trophy? I'm an AC completionist, have 100% all the other games including Liberation on Vita, so it wouldn't be right for me to not 100% this one. I love the series and enjoyed each game when I 100% it. My AC3 save bugged the first time at 71% (Bobcat never spawned in Black Creek, which was the only thing I needed to complete the Hunting Map, had to restart the whole game). On the trading missions, I'm way ahead on that one. I even, as sad as this may be, have all the mission wrote down that I did, just to make sure I don't end up doing the same one twice and wasting time and an available ship. Sad, but I enjoy that sort of involvement and immersion.
#6OhhSnapPosted 11/6/2013 6:20:53 PM(edited)
I don't recall getting a trophy. But yeah I do agree I've always ended up 100%ing my AC games. Usually there's some sort of reward too. In my case, I'm aiming for the skeleton crew cheat just to see how it looks. Plus seeing the 99/100 kinda bugs me too.

Only thing stopping me right now is the unlock all fleet trading locations which takes 10+ hours for each of the later missions. I find it annoying they decided to include that in the list of to-do requirements.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#7Shamone94(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 5:54:31 PM
You probably didn't get a trophy due to not having done all the trading missions. Kinda annoying they are part of it. The South Africa (I think) ones are 36 hours. Started one last night so it's still going as we speak
#8godslayer61Posted 11/6/2013 7:56:39 PM
there in a lot of towns and you can pet the same dog 5 times it worked for me.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925
#9TylerIDPosted 11/6/2013 8:54:31 PM
Is your game glitched where the dogs are invisible? There's so many!
#10bestscreennamePosted 11/7/2013 4:08:58 PM
Actually having the same issue. I saw one dog at the beginning of the game and haven't spotted one since. I heard a dog bark a few times and searched a 4 block radius around the area and never found one.