Multiplayer tips?

#1Shiney_McshinePosted 11/7/2013 5:23:50 AM
I don't generally play any multiplayer in any game whatsoever as I'm just not a competitive person but I figured I'd try the multiplayer out and to my surprise, I found that I kinda liked it.

My favourite so far is Manhunt, and I'm hoping to hear from some MP veterans with a few tips, tricks and any advice that may help a noob not be so nooby.

I did the tutorial missions, and when I'm playing for real, I do as I was taught and hide in a crowd or whatever but the hunters *always* make a beeline straight for me, I may as well not have bothered hiding as the tutorial suggested, and although I try to counter, it almost never works. I'm the guy at the bottom of the scorecard with zero kills, having been killed 10 times plus. What am I doing wrong? I'm just doing what I was taught in the tutes...

Would appreciate any advice.

Cheers.
#2badplayer07Posted 11/7/2013 6:34:20 AM
As a general rule, remain stealthy as often as possible. However, blending within crowds is a great tactic for offense, but not so much on defense. This is because your pursuers have a lot of abilities as well as the compass/portrait/heartbeat to pick you out. Especially in Manhunt, where your pursuers are very aware of the character you are playing as. Even without abilities, the compass is a very efficient tool to pick out targets.

You are new, so you will definitely face a little difficulty. There is a learning curve, but it is not too steep. Once you hear whispers or identify your pursuers, start formulating a strategy to stun them or at least make it out of there alive. Do keep in mind that a coordinated team will crush an uncoordinated team almost every time, so unless you have a regular partners/team to play with, try the FFA modes. The meta-game is pretty different there. As you become accustomed, you will find it easy to identify pursuers as well as targets.

I can help you with the abilities and perks if you post what sets you are using.

Some tips:
- Stay with your teammates as often as possible. You now get one count towards your streak when you accumulate 200 points of the Hidden bonus, so there is a greater incentive to do that. On offense, you will be able to hunt more efficiently.
- If your team is getting stunned left and right, hold down triangle while you are stunned to respawn.
- In Manhunt, your targets know you are coming, so they are especially paranoid and on the lookout, so plan your approach carefully. Try to get Hidden or Acrobatic kills as often as possible. If you see a teammate has lined up a good kill, do not poach it.
- If you have not unlocked most abilities, I suggest you play Wolfpack for a little while. You will level up and unlock the abilities, and also get a little experience on how to use the compass and all the little things.
---
He must be late, and she must be beautiful.
#3Shiney_Mcshine(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 7:01:10 PM
Thanks very much, some great advice there.

I'm only level 4 at the moment - I've only played a few games, and I've never been on a winning team. So I roll with the only abilities I have unlocked at the moment, which is Deception and Copycat, I think. Not counting the standard Disguise and Money Bomb abilities.

What mode would you recommend aside from Manhunt that I cut my teeth on?

I know you said Wolfpack, but that's a little different from the other mp modes I think. Having said that, I'll give Wolfpack a go though.
#4Shiney_Mcshine(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 7:02:38 PM
Ah, you already recommended FFA mode, my mistake. I'll give that a try.
#5Bigb131999Posted 11/7/2013 7:54:19 PM
Shiney_Mcshine posted...

I'm only level 4 at the moment - I've only played a few games, and I've never been on a winning team. So I roll with the only abilities I have unlocked at the moment, which is Deception and Copycat, I think. Not counting the standard Disguise and Money Bomb abilities.

I know you said Wolfpack, but that's a little different from the other mp modes I think. Having said that, I'll give Wolfpack a go though.

Add me and we can play. BIGB13_1999
#6areeb319Posted 11/7/2013 8:11:04 PM
Try out Wanted

It's Been my favorite since Brotherhood and is good to get some experience
---
Ezio=Altair>Connor
PSN-Addi97319
#7badplayer07Posted 11/7/2013 10:44:42 PM
Shiney_Mcshine posted...

Disguise is excellent for both offense and defense. I would recommend Deathmatch, it's the simplest of all six modes. Wolfpack is good to unlock some abilities and get a feel for the mechanics.
---
He must be late, and she must be beautiful.
#8Shiney_Mcshine(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 11:12:44 PM
Thanks guys, greatly appreciated.

Will definitely give these things a try.

Thanks BigB - that'd be great, I'll shoot you a friend request when I get home from work.