nine men morris

#1spartanmastercfPosted 11/12/2013 8:41:01 PM
if any one having trouble with this go to crooked isand play it there its beginners and go to this site

http://www.mochigames.com/game/nine-mens-morris/ let the cpu go fisrt is asassins

then you go first on pc

i had tried http://merrelles.com/English.html but never could get to load
#2dimebagdrlPosted 11/14/2013 4:20:56 AM
Sorry, but the AI on that site is horrible for this. It either loses or draws to the AC4 AI each time. 10 tries so far.
---
"Don't fight with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - A guy who clearly lost the fight.
#3Korgan26Posted 11/20/2013 12:16:36 PM
Anyone else having the computer just move their pieces to any place on the board when you are winning? Strikes me as cheating.
#4obliviondollPosted 11/20/2013 12:18:39 PM
One of the rules is that when you have no moves open to you, you're allowed to move one piece anywhere else on the board.

if you're the one losing, you can do it too.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#5Nodonn3Posted 11/20/2013 12:28:12 PM(edited)
I was doing the 3 Mini-game challenge this morning. I was stunned when I eventually managed to get the AI down to 3 pieces and it started jumping them across the board to block my mills.

Mind you though, since I had 2 Mills set up, and he could only block one or the other, it was simply prolonging the inevitable.

Now I need to somehow earn 2000 Reales on the mini-games ... I see a lot of Beginner games of something coming up lol.
---
"I wear the cheese, it doesn't wear me." The guy with all that cheese (Buffy).
#6SkunkHunterPosted 11/20/2013 1:20:36 PM
There was a site that could beat the AI every time for the Innkeeper (a gloating expert in AC3). I'll try to see what that was I think it might have been the merrelles site, which required my gaming PC to run (would not work on my laptop).

As for the 'cheevo, I'd try Fanorona. That's what I used. The game is actually pretty interesting (okay, nerd alert - I've also been a chess geek since an early age, so maybe it's just me), and not difficult to beat on Intermediate. You can make several mistakes and still prevail. 500R per win (on intermediate) is far nicer than 100, and I'm betting you're all at stages where several thousand R are pretty much meaningless.

For Fanorona, try an "open" opening, by moving the piece that can move diagonally from your L to R. Go from there. Usually, you can move carefully, keep your R side (opponents' left) basically frozen while destroying your enemy's R side. Protect your corner and don't get greedy so that the opponent can chain a giant destructo-turn against you, and you can then crush him.

The Fanorona AI is particularly bad in open games in the mid-game, IMHO.
#7SkunkHunterPosted 11/20/2013 1:24:41 PM
This one, from JKPSP (IIRC) from the AC3 board:

http://nine-mens-morris.net/downloads.html

1) Download the Windows version.
2) Go to Options, Configure AI, and set Computer B's thinking processes to 'max. time 15' and 'max. depth to 50'
3) In Assassin's Creed III, do not go first and put your bet to 100.
4) Now for every move that the AI makes in Assassin's Creed III you will be making in the morris.exe.
5) Every move the AI in morris.exe makes you will be making in Assassin's Creed III.
6) ???????????
7) SUCCESS!
#8DaRk MaGe2004Posted 11/20/2013 2:05:58 PM
Stupid Morris!!! I'm just so bad at this game.
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
PSN:DarktheMagister 3DS: 0104-0369-2003 Safari: Ditto