El Impoluto

#1Viper114Posted 11/15/2013 8:33:38 AM
This one is turning out to be the most problematic of the four legendaries, namely because it's cheating. It's extremely fast for a Man O' War and can turn quick for a ram. How exactly can I avoid the ram so I can last longer?
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2cymanxPosted 11/15/2013 8:42:57 AM
Viper114 posted...
This one is turning out to be the most problematic of the four legendaries, namely because it's cheating. It's extremely fast for a Man O' War and can turn quick for a ram. How exactly can I avoid the ram so I can last longer?

If it's the AI, then it's supposed to cheat.
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#3Newts_UtePosted 11/15/2013 9:05:03 AM
I found that one to be the easiest of the lot. Beat it at its own game basically. Just shoot it with your chain shots and ram it. The chain shots slow it down enough so when you collide head on, he is the one taking damage and not you. Once you pull apart quickly swing around, hit it with another chain shot and ram its side. Then it will run away for another big run at you so just repeat.

I did notice at one point this guy actually stops dead, lifts out of the water, turns 90-180 degrees on the spot, and charges at you again. Its almost as if it drops anchor, and jags a rock for instant turn lol.
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
3DS FC 4141-1926-1262
#4SkunkHunterPosted 11/15/2013 9:33:16 AM
Yeah, the chain shot is key with this one, IMHO. Notice how as you increase your chain shot potency, the "stun" time is increased? Yeah. Stun means that ship just keeps its present course. So if you keep it stunned most of the time, you can just ram it in the stern, then stun, then ram, etc. . . .
#5AlatreonsPawsPosted 11/15/2013 10:30:29 AM
I found a method that worked as well, when the fight starts try turning away from it, dropping fire barrels in his path as much as you can and mortar him too. What I found was that even though my back was exposed, after enough mortar/barrel explosions he turned AWAY slightly, just enough to miss ramming me, then I turn and unleash the heavy shot/swivel barrage on his broadside.

After that I turn as hard as I can and ram the side of his ship until he sails in the massive circle to try again, then repeat.
---
Kayamba is god-tier!
HR40+! I reached the Zenny cap at 9,999,999z
#6Jonsnow1Posted 11/15/2013 11:18:16 AM
What everyone said pretty much, make sure you have the elite ram tho, does a lot more damage. Try using mortars from a distance too. Those help on all 4 really keeping distance can be key. But I've seen the impluto get out the water turn and land damn near ON TOP of me.
#7Viper114(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 12:55:40 PM
Actually, by spamming Fire Barrels, it seemed it was reluctant to try and zoom towards me like it did. I guess the AI was trying to avoid getting hit by the barrels, so it left enough space for me to pelt it with long range fire. I was also able to JUST miss a ram by mere inches with some deft maneuvering, leaving it open to Heavy blasts. It went down on my third try.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#8Bio1590Posted 11/15/2013 1:02:20 PM
Jonsnow1 posted...
What everyone said pretty much, make sure you have the elite ram tho, does a lot more damage. Try using mortars from a distance too. Those help on all 4 really keeping distance can be key. But I've seen the impluto get out the water turn and land damn near ON TOP of me.

Except La Dama Negra, that one I believe you want to stay close to and behind because it won't fire off its firework mortars at you.