AC4 Artifact Assault: It's What All The Cool Kids Play

#1celc5Posted 2/27/2014 11:14:36 AM
I'm not kidding anyone. I'm having more fun in AA than other modes lately so might as well get this discussion rolling.

I'm finding a few things different in AC4 than AC3.

#1 While climbing, I frequently get killed while my pursuer is on the ground. And the opposite occurs too... I have made many kills where it looks like my target is out of reach vertically. I'm thinking that the vertical kill range is bigger than it used to be. This seems to be more prominent in team modes than in FFA for whatever reason.

#2 Smoke/Teleport is not as effective as it used to be for runners. I used to use smoke/teleport against teams that would defend 3 or 4 deep. My teammate would teleport in and throw a decoy for distraction and then I'd newb smoke/teleport out. With the new smoke delay, we need to find other ways to attack a base camping lobby.

#3 Although shield was important in AC3, it's even more valuable now with the addition of booby trap. For example, the lift at the lower based of Fort St. Matt is a great escape route that is frequently booby trapped. Same for the lifts on the courtyard base on La Havana.

Most of my comments are from a runner's POV. But defensive perspective and mixed play is also up for discussion.
---
[D00M] Pinched_Aloaf
Online 11pm - 12 midnight Eastern Time
#2justinbebustinPosted 2/27/2014 1:54:28 PM
celc5 posted...
I'm not kidding anyone. I'm having more fun in AA than other modes lately so might as well get this discussion rolling.

I'm finding a few things different in AC4 than AC3.

#1 While climbing, I frequently get killed while my pursuer is on the ground. And the opposite occurs too... I have made many kills where it looks like my target is out of reach vertically. I'm thinking that the vertical kill range is bigger than it used to be. This seems to be more prominent in team modes than in FFA for whatever reason.

#2 Smoke/Teleport is not as effective as it used to be for runners. I used to use smoke/teleport against teams that would defend 3 or 4 deep. My teammate would teleport in and throw a decoy for distraction and then I'd newb smoke/teleport out. With the new smoke delay, we need to find other ways to attack a base camping lobby.

#3 Although shield was important in AC3, it's even more valuable now with the addition of booby trap. For example, the lift at the lower based of Fort St. Matt is a great escape route that is frequently booby trapped. Same for the lifts on the courtyard base on La Havana.

Most of my comments are from a runner's POV. But defensive perspective and mixed play is also up for discussion.

#1 happens to me WAY too often. I hate when you're also about 5-10 feet past jumping and die in midair.
#2 I use chase breakers for this. I was just playing a session earlier with 4 circle-jerkers on pelenque, ran in through the chase breaker, threw smoke and hit my tele, all 4 were caught coughing. It still has validity, just less of a window of opportunity.
#3 I agree, and I love how it looks now, when defending it's easier to tell when it wears off.

As stated in the deathmatch discussion, I get the highest score from defending. I took advice given in that post and now consider myself a DECENT defender. Sixth sense kicks @$$!
---
"If he ain't back in 30 minutes I'm callin' Dominos!" - Thurgood
#3celc5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 9:23:30 AM
6th Sense is a must in AC4. One reason has to do with the inconsistent whisper alert. I can't tell you how many times I get killed without whispers. And then when I do get whispers, they are too loud based on my pursuers distance. I find 6th sense more reliable than whispers as a runner.

Someone mentioned in one of the other threads that 6th sense was nerfed. How so? I haven't noticed that???
---
[D00M] Pinched_Aloaf
#4Blaze21Posted 2/28/2014 9:53:44 AM
celc5 posted...
Someone mentioned in one of the other threads that 6th sense was nerfed. How so? I haven't noticed that???

It has? Isn't even better, at least compared to AC3? I don't remember it ever revealing notorious targets.
---
Why insult someone when you can say something nice in a very sarcastic tone?
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the AC3 boards
#5DemonReacherPosted 3/1/2014 12:31:11 AM
Blaze21 posted...
celc5 posted...

It has? Isn't even better, at least compared to AC3? I don't remember it ever revealing notorious targets.

It was in AC3, it would reveal them. But it wasn't so much the targets that bothered me. In fact I rather enjoyed watching the men.
---
The reality of AC gamers.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/628357-assassins-creed-revelations/63948726
#6Blaze21Posted 3/1/2014 4:18:12 PM
Back from purgatory I see. How's life, Rancher?
---
Why insult someone when you can say something nice in a very sarcastic tone?
Official Aveline de Grandpre of the AC3 boards
#7DemonReacherPosted 3/1/2014 10:37:24 PM
Blaze21 posted...

Its an obliege candle my friend. It will wonderfully fill you up with the sparkling colors that animate my body.
---
The reality of AC gamers.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/628357-assassins-creed-revelations/63948726
#8lamMelvinPosted 3/1/2014 10:42:59 PM
DemonReacher posted...
Blaze21 posted...

Its an obliege candle my friend. It will wonderfully fill you up with the sparkling colors that animate my body.

Blaze, Rancher, good to see you two. All we need is Panda and Chimichunga and it'll be just like old times.
---
If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens!
#9AlxCjPosted 3/2/2014 10:55:31 AM
So... that means you are a ''cool kid''? yeah right...
---
Please, Read this signature.
Thank You.
#10celc5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 11:16:44 AM
Now I have to look up "obliege" ...sigh

Lately, I've been having great success with Decoy Teleport, especially on bases are that difficult to attack. I think Decoy is the new disguise, from an AA perspective. Even if the decoy isn't killed, it distracts defenders pretty consistently.

I find that attacking the lower base on Charleston is a total bear. Completely surrounded by roof. Any suggestions? I'm not having luck with my cookie cutter approach routes. My primary set is Shield/Teleport and secondary attack set is Decoy/Teleport.
---
[D00M] Pinched_Aloaf