templar and mayan outfits

#1AHarasPosted 11/24/2013 1:13:36 PM
how far into the story do you have to be for the side quests to become available? i havent tried getting either of them yet, but i'm curious if theres a limitation of getting a start on these..
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWkifXRyPfI
My account is suspended weekly.
#2YetiCurbStompPosted 11/24/2013 1:22:22 PM
I think for the Templar outfit you can start earning keys after you finish sequence four. As for the Mayan outfit I think it's around sequence 5 or 6 you first see where you put the pieces. Keep in mind the missions and mayan stelas are on many different islands some are in hard sections of the map. So you may have to wait to get some of the parts till you get farther in the game.
#3James_UptonPosted 11/24/2013 1:22:28 PM
Not very far, the story doesn't really hinder you from collecting them. It's some of the higher level ships that guard some of the locales they are located on. You can try stealth swimming but they will snipe you with the swivels.
#4AHaras(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 1:25:04 PM
appreciate the info guys
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWkifXRyPfI
My account is suspended weekly.
#5bobbyrkPosted 11/24/2013 2:41:12 PM
You can start them early, but the Mayan Armor you won't be able to get until you're close to the end. I believe you can collect all the Templar Keys not long after you're first introduced to them.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#6Gundam28Posted 11/24/2013 7:41:01 PM
mayan after seq 10 atleast since area where last piece is located blocked till then, templar outfit u need up to kingston and caymans are unlocked and have a good ship
#7bigjb318Posted 11/24/2013 7:53:37 PM
I have them both but don't use them, don't really care for the looks of them. The Templar armor would look a lot better if it had a hood on it and the Mayan armor just looks ridiculous to me
#8James_UptonPosted 11/24/2013 11:49:54 PM
bigjb318 posted...
I have them both but don't use them, don't really care for the looks of them. The Templar armor would look a lot better if it had a hood on it and the Mayan armor just looks ridiculous to me

They both look bad ass to me, they just both need hoods.... Like how is it we have TWO ultimate armors in an AC game and neither has a hood :( they've broken the tradition
#9DarthJasonGPosted 11/25/2013 1:01:25 AM
James_Upton posted...
bigjb318 posted...

They both look bad ass to me, they just both need hoods.... Like how is it we have TWO ultimate armors in an AC game and neither has a hood :( they've broken the tradition

Agreed, I think they are fantastic, though I do favor the Mayan outfit more, looks like something out of a big budget action film.
---
You don't know the power of the dark side. PSN Darth-JasonG
#10theBridgeburnerPosted 11/25/2013 2:39:59 AM
I'm glad there are outfits sans hoods... It made sense with AC and Altair, kinda with Ezio as he inherited his father's, but it's getting to be a bit of a running joke.

One templar says to the other, "How can you tell there's an assassin around? For starters, there the only ones wearing a damn hoodie."

Which is why I use hoodless attires with Edward, and hope Ubi feature them going forward. In eras or settings where they weren't commonplace it looks ridiculous... You don't see Templars walking around with crosses or the Abstergo logo on their attires, aside from the first game.