I've found two royal convoys but no white whales

#1ShadyDre50Posted 12/2/2013 11:27:19 PM
I'm pretty sure I've encountered a white whale early on in the game but ignored it, I didn't know that I couldn't come back to it later

feelsbadman

how do I find more white whales? I heard you have add friends who also play ac4 or something?
---
05' join date. come at me.
#2SteelToothPosted 12/3/2013 11:09:32 AM
I don't know if they appear in the same spots for everyone, but Sunday night I fought and successfully killed a white whale in the section north of Nassau (not near the game to give coordinates).

The place is a small clutter of islands...

Also, be sure your harpoons are at least upgraded twice, the harpoon storage to max, and armor up the row boat as much as possible. It took me 5 times but I managed it with a 2x harpoon and 2x armored rowboat! It takes about 30 harpoons to kill the whale.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#3LenzyBoyPosted 12/3/2013 3:14:57 PM
SteelTooth posted...
Also, be sure your harpoons are at least upgraded twice, the harpoon storage to max, and armor up the row boat as much as possible. It took me 5 times but I managed it with a 2x harpoon and 2x armored rowboat! It takes about 30 harpoons to kill the whale.

huh, i manage it in about 15 with my harpoons only upgrade to the second one, do you hold the trigger down for a few seconds before you throw?

and you can find white whales but they kinda spawn randomly, but when you find them they show up on all your friends maps who have the game, alternatively when they find them they show up on yours. but you do need xbox live for them to be in your game.
---
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
#4SteelToothPosted 12/3/2013 4:09:03 PM
LenzyBoy posted...
SteelTooth posted...

huh, i manage it in about 15 with my harpoons only upgrade to the second one, do you hold the trigger down for a few seconds before you throw?

and you can find white whales but they kinda spawn randomly, but when you find them they show up on all your friends maps who have the game, alternatively when they find them they show up on yours. but you do need xbox live for them to be in your game.

I didn't with the what, I was just trying to kill the damn thing before he breached in front of the dinghy and destroy it.

I did, however, kill a hammerhead with about 3 well-placed and fully charged up harpoons by holding the left trigger.

It's rather creepy when trying to fish big game in the dimming hours of twilight, when you swing the camera to look down at the black, murky waters, but the storm rolling in while fighting the white whale gave the scenario a very cool "Moby Dick" aura!
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg