Captain Drake, Stede Bonnet and Captain Morgan DLC?

#1Ace_of_DuskPosted 1/8/2014 11:26:24 AM
I know they were released with their respective pre-order codes but I'm curious if anyone has any information on if they will be released as individual DLC later. And if so, when?
---
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
Xbox Live GT: Ace of Dusk
#2bookewormPosted 1/8/2014 12:22:31 PM
They just were actually. It's called the "Illustrious Pirates" pack and it showed up on the marketplace yesterday. It contains all of the pre-order DLC, so the three islands as well as all of the bonus chests and multiplayer content.
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
#3Ace_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 5:14:18 PM
Lol. Didn't see that. Thanks anyway.
---
#4streetvan1997Posted 1/8/2014 5:34:19 PM
So the DLC just have three new " Islands" Are they ones not on the map you just end up at? Or show up once you get the DLC? Because if a DLC just unlocks a large settlement and 6 missions and a few side missions i think I'm selling this game asap. I have 100% sync, Ive been trying for days to complete these stupid sharing challenges and want to go crazy about it.

Wondering if the DLC is worth it, wish this game ha d more replay value. Im all about that with games i buy like for instance.

BORDERLANDS!! Best b ang for your buck, so much fun and you can play hundreds of hours and not get bored

Fallout 3 (all time favorite game) can be replayed and replayed and be different every time.and is still fun.

Falllout New Vegas, same reasons

Skyrim Most hours i ever played a game, like 600. still have missions to do in it.

Bioshock 2. I kept thinning i was done, would sell it, then miss it and rebuy it. Most games like that, that are kinda straight forward and similar each time you play through aren't fun over and over, but i loved it like every few months playing through it again. Bioshock Infinite so sad the disappointing game that could of been one of the best ever! take away hacking computers, NBig daddies, and everything that made your game what it is except maybe some plot parts and the style look and you mess the game up bi&^%es
#5Ace_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2014 7:24:26 PM
streetvan1997 posted...
So the DLC just have three new " Islands" Are they ones not on the map you just end up at? Or show up once you get the DLC? Because if a DLC just unlocks a large settlement and 6 missions and a few side missions i think I'm selling this game asap. I have 100% sync, Ive been trying for days to complete these stupid sharing challenges and want to go crazy about it.

Wondering if the DLC is worth it, wish this game ha d more replay value. Im all about that with games i buy like for instance.

BORDERLANDS!! Best b ang for your buck, so much fun and you can play hundreds of hours and not get bored

Fallout 3 (all time favorite game) can be replayed and replayed and be different every time.and is still fun.

Falllout New Vegas, same reasons

Skyrim Most hours i ever played a game, like 600. still have missions to do in it.

Bioshock 2. I kept thinning i was done, would sell it, then miss it and rebuy it. Most games like that, that are kinda straight forward and similar each time you play through aren't fun over and over, but i loved it like every few months playing through it again. Bioshock Infinite so sad the disappointing game that could of been one of the best ever! take away hacking computers, NBig daddies, and everything that made your game what it is except maybe some plot parts and the style look and you mess the game up bi&^%es

I'm not positive but I think since they were only pre-orders, you get an extra island unlocked with like a tomb on each that grants you the exclusive island on completion.
---
#6bookewormPosted 1/9/2014 6:41:56 AM
I think we're confusing DLCs a little here. StreetVan, it sounds like you're talking about Freedom Cry instead of Illustrious Pirates.

The Illustrious Pirates pack unlocks the 6 pre-order packs. They are:
1. Captain Kenway's Legacy. This adds two chests with 3500 Reales each to Andreas and Cayo Island. It also adds a chest to Floriday with the Matched Golden Swords.
2. Black Island. This adds the Black Island location to the east side of your map, which is a small area where you'll find Captain Morgan's Pistols and Redingote as well as the Black Ship Sails and Figurehead. You also get a chest added to Crooked Island with the German Rapiers.
3. Mystery Island. This adds the Mystery Island location to the southeast side of your map, where you'll find Stede Bonnet's attire and The Revenge's Sails and Figurehead.
4. Sacrifice Island. This adds the Sacrifice Island to the west side of your map, where you'll find Captain Drake's Swords, Pistols, and Outfit.
5. Lost Treasures. This adds a chest to Havana with the Ivory Wheel.
6. Trove of Mystery. This adds a chest to Cat Island with the Silver Wheel.

So overall, it adds several small areas (not missions, just areas to explore and collect a few new customization items) to Single Player. It is worth mentioning that it adds a bunch of customization stuff to Multiplayer as well.

On the other hand, Freedom Cry is a pretty big add on, comparable to maybe 2 episodes of Tyranny of King Washington from ACIII. There are 9 new missions, a new ship (though it's pretty similar to the Jackdaw) to upgrade, new weapons in the Machete and Blunderbuss, and an area roughly 1/4 the size of the full game map with around 5-6 new locations. If you speed through the story it's maybe 3-4 hours, but if you enjoy it you'll get more out of it.
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."