Busy?

#1SearchmanV16Posted 8/12/2013 4:10:35 PM
How busy can we expect the servers on launch day? 400k? I am worried that with a lot of good launch titles (imo), the big crowd will be split between Watch Dogs, NBA 2k14, Madden 25, FIFA 14, NBA Live 14, Killzone Shadow Fall, and AC4. Well, you have the Ghosts crowd too, but I said good titles. I am deciding on getting a 2nd game: NBA 2k14 or Watch Dogs myself. I might go Watch Dogs since it's a different game. 2k14 can come in early 2014.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: Galaxy Note 2, iPad 4, Xbox 360.
#2dooyaunastanPosted 8/12/2013 6:02:59 PM
I have this god-awful feeling that with the significantly greater popularity surrounding BF4 as opposed to BF3... launch-weekend, if not launch-week/month/however long until EA activates more servers, is going to be a clusterfugg.
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#3BeefBonesPosted 8/12/2013 8:22:23 PM
The bigger thing to worry about is how many people will be buying a ps4 at launch and how many people will be on bf4. A lot of people wont buy a next gen console right away, so it could be very few people the first month or so.
#4HaganPosted 8/13/2013 7:09:02 AM
BeefBones posted...
The bigger thing to worry about is how many people will be buying a ps4 at launch and how many people will be on bf4. A lot of people wont buy a next gen console right away, so it could be very few people the first month or so.

This is what I am thinking as well.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#5sal9e3sPosted 8/13/2013 7:28:05 AM
BeefBones posted...

Seriously? PS4 and Xbox One are selling like hot cakes. I read somewhere that they're selling out twice as fast as the PS3 and 360 did.
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#6zack12369Posted 8/13/2013 12:40:09 PM
Fill all the servers!
---
Common sense, a lost trait amongst gamefaqs.
http://tinyurl.com/d34tjqt
#7BeefBonesPosted 8/13/2013 9:01:18 PM
sal9e3s posted...
BeefBones posted...

Seriously? PS4 and Xbox One are selling like hot cakes. I read somewhere that they're selling out twice as fast as the PS3 and 360 did.

How fast they are selling out does not have anything to do with the number of consoles they will have shipped for day one release. Ps3 only had 500k units for release day in November, and only in Japan and North America. The rest of the world had to wait til at least March the next year for it to be released.

http://gamespot.com/news/confirmed-400000-ps3s-for-us-launch-6157152

Depending on how many units they are going to have available this time around and what games there are at launch, it could be a while before games start to really pick up a lot of players.