Test Range!

#1Truth_and_ArmsPosted 9/13/2013 1:25:06 PM
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/the-road-to-battlefield-4-vehicles/

"With all the tweaks, new features and the convenient Test Range, we want to encourage players to try out the land, air, and sea vehicles in Battlefield 4, and of course the customizations that come with them."

Could it be? DICE listened to the community & made a place for n00bs to crash and burn while learning to use vehicles, instead of doing it in the middle of a game!

I'll believe it when I see it...
---
PSN: Veritas_et_armis
#2captsplatter_1Posted 9/13/2013 1:35:28 PM
Yes, but what about gun testng?
#3Truth_and_Arms(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 1:42:09 PM
captsplatter_1 posted...

I was wondering the same thing. A simple shooting range would be awesome, or even a mode against bots would be better, but I don't expect much from DICE. I'll just be happy if every game I join doesn't constantly have as many people taking off and immediately crashing the helicopters & jets.
(Although I'm sure that will still happen anyway)
---
PSN: Veritas_et_armis
#4OrangePoetPosted 9/13/2013 2:09:38 PM
captsplatter_1 posted...

I want this really bad. I want a chance to try all the weapons/ items to see if they work for me.
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#5YuwaiPosted 9/13/2013 2:28:58 PM
Chances are, you'll be able to exit vehicles and use your weapons in the Test Range.

And if you still want a shooting range, the Single Player Campaign kinda is, if you think about it.
---
Trust me, I'm an engineer! With epic skill and epic gear.
#630aught6Posted 9/13/2013 2:51:34 PM
This test range (whatever that means) is pointless without bots.

You can fly in circles all day in an empty server, and there's no shortage of those in BF3, irrespective of the platform you play on.
#7hondagod_92Posted 9/13/2013 3:21:37 PM
agreed, bots are almost necessary. if they can learn to fly well enough not to crash, what's going to happen when they are engaged by an enemy? Will they hop out of the pilot's seat as soon as they get locked on to? of course they will.

as far as weapons testing, either find an empty server, or if you need a crash course in the game's mechanics, just try the campaign on hard with no aim assist.

A shooting range would be cool as hell, though.
#8Wasabi_SynPosted 9/13/2013 4:09:47 PM
I don't think bots are necessary. At least give us some targets to shoot at, like the tutorial mode from 1943.
---
North American PSN: WasabiSyn
Japanese PSN: SashimiSyn
#9Gunther482Posted 9/14/2013 6:30:54 AM
I'm excited for the option to learn the ins and outs of the vehicles, I was bad with vehicles when BF3 released and undoubtedly pissed off most of my team mates the first few weeks after release.
#1030aught6Posted 9/14/2013 10:45:40 AM
Wasabi_Syn posted...
I don't think bots are necessary. At least give us some targets to shoot at, like the tutorial mode from 1943.

Those targets were balloons, right? You can just as well shoot buildings, or circle strafe tanks from the oppositions deployment. There's no way to practice air-to-air combat without bots.

Bots would also give players who don't have internet access, or good internet access, to play the game offline and have some fun.

Playing against bots in some of the older Battlefield games is a blast and I'd prefer it to another lousy campaign.