Cross Generation?

#1GrimwhisperPosted 10/19/2013 6:49:56 AM
I did a search and didn't find much recently. I saw one topic from March and it didn't answer the question... Is BF4 going to be cross generation internally (able to play online between PS4 and PS3 players)? A friend of mine claims that it is going to be. But, I can't find anything supporting that stance. I'm assuming it's not going to be possible. But, does anyone here happen to have proof otherwise?
---
PSN is the same as my username. Is The Last Guardian out yet?
#2colddeck64Posted 10/19/2013 6:53:45 AM
No it will not.

PlayStation 4 version will run with 64 player maps.
PlayStation 3 version will run with 24 player maps.

They will not share servers.
---
(R3D) Colddeck64
#3Scarlet-RavenPosted 10/19/2013 7:26:42 AM
Maybe they were talking bout cross platform clans in BL and stats carrying over. But not gameplay, that is near impossible.
---
Officially officially retired from BF3 (RIP August 2013)
#4sw00p_0nePosted 10/19/2013 7:53:15 AM
Some games will, DCUO is one of them. I highly doubt it can be done with BF4.
---
"This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and 16 year old girls are FBI agents."
#5StewleGriffinGFPosted 10/19/2013 9:42:57 AM(edited)
It'd be funny as he'll though. One team gets 32 players and the other gets 12. PS3 team can only take a b and c flags while ps4 team gets d e and f without a fight and could take a b and c.
---
Mods and admins run GameFAQs like they're kings. No justice, no peace.
#6iLoveCzeePosted 10/19/2013 10:18:58 AM
Grimwhisper LMFAO
---
~Buy Me A Plane Ticket~
www.youtube.com/user/ICeeZeeI
#7Grimwhisper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 5:16:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'll take that as a suspicion confirmed. Would have been awesome. But, I guess the wife will be waiting a while before we squad up.

Oh and hey Czee and/or Raven (I think you two are the only 2 Battlefield-related folks I have ignored)! Long time no see!
---
PSN is the same as my username. Is The Last Guardian out yet?
#8LittleBigFan98Posted 10/20/2013 7:45:28 AM
Grimwhisper posted...
Thanks for the responses. I'll take that as a suspicion confirmed. Would have been awesome. But, I guess the wife will be waiting a while before we squad up.

Oh and hey Czee and/or Raven (I think you two are the only 2 Battlefield-related folks I have ignored)! Long time no see!

What if the made specific 24 player only servers so PS4 and PS3 players could play together?
---
Official ''Spamstroke'' of Injustice: Gods Among Us board.