Cross Generation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 4
  3. Cross Generation?

User Info: Grimwhisper

Grimwhisper
3 years ago#1
I did a search and didn't find much recently. I saw one topic from March and it didn't answer the question... Is BF4 going to be cross generation internally (able to play online between PS4 and PS3 players)? A friend of mine claims that it is going to be. But, I can't find anything supporting that stance. I'm assuming it's not going to be possible. But, does anyone here happen to have proof otherwise?
PSN is the same as my username. Is The Last Guardian out yet?

User Info: colddeck64

colddeck64
3 years ago#2
No it will not.

PlayStation 4 version will run with 64 player maps.
PlayStation 3 version will run with 24 player maps.

They will not share servers.
(R3D) Colddeck64

User Info: Scarlet-Raven

Scarlet-Raven
3 years ago#3
Maybe they were talking bout cross platform clans in BL and stats carrying over. But not gameplay, that is near impossible.
Officially officially retired from BF3 (RIP August 2013)

User Info: sw00p_0ne

sw00p_0ne
3 years ago#4
Some games will, DCUO is one of them. I highly doubt it can be done with BF4.
"This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and 16 year old girls are FBI agents."

User Info: StewleGriffinGF

StewleGriffinGF
3 years ago#5
It'd be funny as he'll though. One team gets 32 players and the other gets 12. PS3 team can only take a b and c flags while ps4 team gets d e and f without a fight and could take a b and c.
Mods and admins run GameFAQs like they're kings. No justice, no peace.

User Info: iLoveCzee

iLoveCzee
3 years ago#6
Grimwhisper LMFAO
~Buy Me A Plane Ticket~
www.youtube.com/user/ICeeZeeI

User Info: Grimwhisper

Grimwhisper
3 years ago#7
Thanks for the responses. I'll take that as a suspicion confirmed. Would have been awesome. But, I guess the wife will be waiting a while before we squad up.

Oh and hey Czee and/or Raven (I think you two are the only 2 Battlefield-related folks I have ignored)! Long time no see!
PSN is the same as my username. Is The Last Guardian out yet?

User Info: LittleBigFan98

LittleBigFan98
3 years ago#8
Grimwhisper posted...
Thanks for the responses. I'll take that as a suspicion confirmed. Would have been awesome. But, I guess the wife will be waiting a while before we squad up.

Oh and hey Czee and/or Raven (I think you two are the only 2 Battlefield-related folks I have ignored)! Long time no see!

What if the made specific 24 player only servers so PS4 and PS3 players could play together?
Official ''Spamstroke'' of Injustice: Gods Among Us board.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 4
  3. Cross Generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived