To suppressor, or not to suppressor? That is the question.

#1Jeremyc333Posted 12/2/2013 1:20:47 PM
I've played both BF3 and BF4 religiously, and I just realized that somehow, I've never equipped any gun with a suppressor.

Ever.

The reason is that when I highlight it, statistically, it takes the "range bar" down so low, that I instantly say "screw that" and choose something else.

My question to you is this: Does it really affect range that noticeably in the game? I'm at work, but plan on breaking my non-suppressor streak tonight.
---
PS4 ID - Jeremyc33 ... Games Bought: Battlefield 4, COD: Ghosts, Madden 25, NBA2K14
#2OSVG_KirrPosted 12/2/2013 1:24:07 PM
Well, for me, it's the complete opposite. I slap suppressors on every single thing that moves except Snoipahs. It helps so much if your flanking since no one ever turns around cause they can't see you on the minimap and barely hear you. I luv wuv dove my suppressors. And of course the range and velocity is affected but you get used to it.
---
Where's the bathroom?
PSN : Mr_Lunare Gamertag : Mr L u n a r e
#3psofflPosted 12/2/2013 1:33:43 PM
It all depends on the type of player you are. The range is changed but if you are a flag capper and stay close to the action, then you should have one. If you are a hunter and need the range then it doesn't matter too much. I need one because I have a low accuracy (13ish) and i need the extra time before my enemy turns to shoot me.
---
P-
#4Jeremyc333(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:35:20 PM
psoffl posted...
It all depends on the type of player you are. The range is changed but if you are a flag capper and stay close to the action, then you should have one. If you are a hunter and need the range then it doesn't matter too much. I need one because I have a low accuracy (13ish) and i need the extra time before my enemy turns to shoot me.

Good call... I'm in the same boat with you there...
---
PS4 ID - Jeremyc33 ... Games Bought: Battlefield 4, COD: Ghosts, Madden 25, NBA2K14
#5it_r_over9000Posted 12/2/2013 1:48:34 PM
Imagine pulling a sick back rage on Lockers and killing 2 guys only to get gunned down by the third, and then imagine that same scenario where they don't turn around because you didn't flash on the map. Thats what you get with the suppressor. LMGs are best for that scenario so that you aren't forced to pistol swap midway through. I recommend the M249 or MG4 for their 200 rounds and 800 RPM but you could also use the PKP or 240B for their higher damage.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 760 2GB| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA SuperNOVA Nex 650G 650w| Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#6slaveanselmoPosted 12/2/2013 1:55:05 PM
Suppressors are for bad kids who need lotsa help but have nowhere else to turn.
---
PSN:: EuckYouBuddy
Tag Hunters just like taking random dudes from behind and jacking their stuff..
#7slaveanselmoPosted 12/2/2013 1:57:01 PM
psoffl posted...

Exhibit A.
---
PSN:: EuckYouBuddy
Tag Hunters just like taking random dudes from behind and jacking their stuff..
#8Master_ShakeXXXPosted 12/2/2013 3:18:56 PM
Would it be very intelligent to stick a suppressor on a MK 11 mod 0? Seems like it would destroy the whole point of using a DMR in the first place...
#9Double991Posted 12/2/2013 3:34:21 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
Suppressors are for bad kids who need lotsa help but have nowhere else to turn.

I hope you don't believe that.

Suppressors are the best for flanking and getting yourself hidden within a group of enemies.

Obviously with their range decrease, guns with suppressors are going to work best in close quarters as well. If you get gunned down at a distance by one, then they are simply better than you.
---
PSN : Double991
With my Axton I am the Forrest Gump of Borderlands 2! I'm overpowered so I can't be nerfed and I also breach integrity's!
#10LucilliPosted 12/2/2013 3:58:31 PM
In return for making your gun harder to use, as well as foregoing other attachments (such as the compensator and the muzzle break), you increase your flanking power.

Bullet velocity drops to around ~300 m/s, in which sniper & assault rifle rounds are often around 500-600 m/s, which also increases bullet drop due to the longer time it takes to connect. Run a sniper with a suppressor, and you'll feel like you're sniping with a slug back in BF3.

IIRC, although range effectiveness drops due to bullet velocity, bullet damage is unchanged by suppressors.

I slap a suppressor on every gun. It makes me not light up like Christmas lights, all ready to be flanked.