Buy BF4 Premium or wait for BFH/BF5??

#1VermicidesPosted 8/18/2014 1:32:50 PM
hey, so i just got bf4 a week or so ago. i'm pretty into it, i'm lvl17 in multiplayer and i plan on bf4 being my main ps4 shooter as far as other current FPS's go.
so i already know premium is "worth it" from the amount of content you get for the price.

but is it too late for this $50 to really be worth it? with BF5 in the making and BFH about to release, how long do you expect people to still be playing BF4?
#2SheepinatorPosted 8/18/2014 1:42:18 PM
You'll have no problems finding games until at least holidays 2015, when DICE's Star Wars Battlefront is likely. I doubt Hardline will draw away many MP players for long, besides that's about 6 months away. It may be a little quieter the first week or two after Destiny launches though.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#3NuclearHendrixPosted 8/19/2014 12:07:19 AM
It was worth it a week or so ago when it was on sale for 32$. Since you're new to the game, I think the default maps can keep you busy till another Premium sale happens... Which could happen during the holidays.
#4Vermicides(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 12:53:33 AM
thanks guys
i'm looking at the gold cases really.. and the maps are cool but i don't know how to use any air or marine craft so i really only play team deathmatch.
i do have destiny pre ordered. i'll probably just get it. hot often does it go on sale? i just got my ps4 2 weeks ago.
#5SubwooferKingPosted 8/19/2014 2:00:50 AM
Its worth it. I'll still be playing this after I get destiny its my best current Gen experience so far I have always liked bf tho.
---
PS4-NaughtyyAssassin 360-KushAssassin2o6
http://bf4stats.com/ps4/NaughtyyASSASSIN
#6SheepinatorPosted 8/19/2014 7:48:12 AM
Vermicides posted...
thanks guys
i'm looking at the gold cases really.. and the maps are cool but i don't know how to use any air or marine craft so i really only play team deathmatch.
i do have destiny pre ordered. i'll probably just get it. hot often does it go on sale? i just got my ps4 2 weeks ago.

You'll probably find the game on sale often. Premium, not so much. The vehicles you can practice in some test range, which I believe is some solo map where you can try out everything without being "that guy" who pilots a heli into the ground at the start of a match with 4 angry dudes in it. And don't bother with TDM, get into CQ, start out by playing the objectives (map and class, like capping/defending flags, dropping ammo/health etc., going after vehicles with C4 and rockets, etc.) and take it from there.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7CheapGamerPosted 8/22/2014 8:02:05 PM
Once Destiny releases I doubt anyone will be playing BF4. It's just 100x more fun both as a shooter and as a game in general.
#8SubwooferKingPosted 8/22/2014 8:44:02 PM
The vehicles are easy to use. Dont use default controls, halo style controls just dont work for bf4. Use veteran for all vehicles. It may feel weird if u haven't played bf before, but I guarantee to most it's the preferred control type.
---
PS4-NaughtyyAssassin 360-KushAssassin2o6
http://bf4stats.com/ps4/NaughtyyASSASSIN