Loved 4, 5 was kinda meh...

#21DarkDocPosted 4/21/2014 3:47:34 PM
FSgamer posted...
Maybe PD could go back to the GT3 format and keep endurance races at a reasonable length (under 4hrs since that's the longest stint a driver is allowed to drive in real life). If people need to split a long race in small chunks and/or have B-spec Bob do the race for them then it's not real endurance.

For sure, we def need races up to 4 hours, that goes without saying.

However, I'd also want the longer races to return. When you get to 8 hours or longer, a whole new element of strategy is introduced. It becomes a different type of race. I've done 9 hours in one sitting (both in GT and in Street Fighter games, and most probably with other games as well), and I do look forward to getting that 3-day weekend so I can set about overcoming the challenge of a 24 hour race. Whether that's solo with pausing, or handing over to an AI teammate, I like both. It's gaming at its most extreme, and has introduced me to the real life sport. Over the last few years, I've been to the real 24 hours of Le Mans, and Spa, and yet before GT I'd had very little exposure to such events. I definitely wouldn't have gone to either if I hadn't got interested via videogames.

Oh, and also, lots of people like the B-spec mode, as something in addition to the regular 1-player mode. Whether it's for farming money overnight, or for the sheer fun of playing that type of game. I use it a lot for testing cars/setups. The management aspect is something which has spawned its own genre within the industry (soccer management games in particular have very healthy sales, as have RPGs of all types, and the Sims). I'm not a major fan of it, as I just get frustrated with the slow driving. However, we shouldn't diss this part of the game.
#22MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/21/2014 5:06:51 PM
ARC_NoOne posted...
Cyrlous posted...
Hm, ok, so what bad elements were left in place?

The sounds still suck.
The AI sucks even worse than it did in GT5.
There's still no leaderboards.
There's still no downloadable ghosts, and no downloadable tuning setups.
They've kept the paint chip system, and don't allow you to edit liveries in any way either.

Also, what content was removed?

B-spec, data logger (recently readded), track generator, and 3-d (recently re-added).

And, in comparison to 4 and 5, are there more events total or less?

There's less events than there were in GT4.
There are more events than there were in GT5, but still nowhere near as many as Forza 4.

https://i.imgur.com/E6MqnP4.png
---
Specs: http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
#23UberDarkGuardiaPosted 4/21/2014 7:56:00 PM
^Lol.
---
[DSX] UberDarkGuardian
Commander of DSX Clan
#24W1intermutePosted 4/21/2014 8:33:45 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
When there is tons of information about future updates, he acts as though none of these things will actually happen

Why shouldn't he? It's been over four months since the game's release and we're still missing many features that were promised near launch. There's still no community features, course creator, mobile apps, or "monthly DLC". We haven't received any Vision Gran Turismo cars outside of Mercedes, or any of the Zahara content that was promised in February. What have they delivered on? A Data Logger that's unusable? A feature that allows you to make your own wings? Why should we think any of these things will happen?

I love how ARC_NoOne always has these expectations [...]

How are decent sounds, decent AI, a decent leaderboard system, and a better livery editor in any way unreasonable? FM4 had all of these things, and it was released in 2011 on equal if not worse hardware.

Face it: GT6 is broken, incomplete game that has failed to deliver on many aspects, and it's criticisms are well deserved.
#25ARC_NoOnePosted 4/22/2014 8:15:58 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...

Pointing out that major pieces of a game are missing is far from "nitpicking".

How is it disingenuous to tell everyone that a feature isn't currently in the game, and that they should wait until it is before deciding to buy the game, if that feature is an important one to them?
That seems much less disingenuous than telling everyone they should buy the game immediately because the feature we know absolutely nothing about is going to be much better than it was in GT5, like you have been doing since they announced the game.

I give objective reviews of features based on what is available across the board, and I relate my personal experiences with similar feature implementation in other games.
I have no inherent loyalty to any given platform/game, like you do.
That prevents me from seeing people pointing out faults with a game I happen to like as a personal attack, the way you do.

My expectations aren't hard to meet at all.
My expectations are that a given series will address its shortcomings, and make an effort to improve in those areas.
I've been very critical of the Milestone WRC series, but have seen them improving on the things I've complained about with each new release, so I've given them credit for that, while continuing to point out what they've done right, and areas that could still use some improvement.
PD hasn't made those efforts, so my criticism has gotten a bit harsher on the carryover issues, with each new release.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#26MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/22/2014 11:08:34 AM
ARC_NoOne posted...
I have no inherent loyalty to any given platform/game, like you do.

And what do you think I think, again? I have no inherent loyalty to any given platform or game either. In fact, I rarely even use my PS3 anymore, and I felt that S2U was very close to being a better game than GT5 was (just needed moar vehicles).
---
Specs: http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
#27ARC_NoOnePosted 4/22/2014 11:35:44 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
I have no inherent loyalty to any given platform or game either.

I'm calling complete BS on that one.

You've been going on endlessly about how great GT6 is going to be someday, since before it even released.
You've also been telling everyone how great all the new features are, even though you've ignored me every time I've asked you to post specifics about those features for us, given that we haven't even seen ANYTHING about them yet.
That sounds like BLIND loyalty to me, especially after all the lying they did about GT5 features.

I felt that S2U was very close to being a better game than GT5 was (just needed moar vehicles)

The vehicle count was fine for me.
It just needed physics that actually worked, so the cars wouldn't just swerve off the track for no reason.
Every car in the game felt like it had really sloppy tie-rods on it, while going down a straight.

I'd like to have seen a better livery editor too, but that wasn't a game-breaker for me.
The Shift 2 one was really frustrating compared to Forza and MCLA, not to mention stuff like all the PC sims that allow you to use Photoshop.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#28LogicmongerPosted 4/24/2014 11:46:44 AM
Wait for Project CARS later this year.
#29DarkDocPosted 5/5/2014 11:34:00 PM
W1intermute posted...
Why should we think any of these things will happen?

Same question right back at ya. What evidence do you have to suggest these things won't happen? Red Bull got there (it was a week late, meh). The Lotus is imminent. B-spec will come, even if it's just carried over from a previous game. There have even been screenshots of the course maker...

ARC_NoOne posted...
My expectations are that a given series will address its shortcomings, and make an effort to improve in those areas.
I've been very critical of the Milestone WRC series, but have seen them improving on the things I've complained about with each new release, so I've given them credit for that, while continuing to point out what they've done right, and areas that could still use some improvement.
PD hasn't made those efforts

I have (had) criticisms also. I wanted them to include tracks like Monaco, Suzuka, Le Mans, Monza, Silverstone. They all got added. Add more F1/LMPs and other race cars. They got added. Day/night transitions. That got added. Damage, hmm, it kinda got added. Online racing got added. Weather got added. Rolling got added. I wasn't bothered about Ferrari or paint shop or nitrous, but they all got added. You can't say the series hasn't moved on.
#30Blitz4532Posted 5/6/2014 2:48:45 AM
Aren't you one of the biggest opponents of rolling starts? You flip flop more than a magikarp...
---
I am the Stig
It's like a big, upside down squirrel sir!