GT6 digital download confirmed, buy in-game credits using real money

#1FSgamerPosted 11/18/2013 11:26:42 AM
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/18/gran-turismo-6-digital-pre-order-now-available-in-game-credits-detailed/
http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-digital-download/

"Starting today, Gran Turismo 6 is on the PS Store! You’re now able to pre-order the Standard Edition or, for those seeking that little extra advantage on the track, the Special Edition.
With the Special Edition, you’ll get the full GT6 Game, 20 extra cars (Torque, Performance, Adrenaline and Velocity packs), custom PSN avatars, paint chips, race suits and race helmets – basically everything you need to fly past your friends on the way to the finish line. And, pre-ordering either of the editions on the store before launch will get you the great cars included in the Precision Pack for free."

"In addition, from launch at retail you’ll find a new option for building your ultimate fantasy car collection in-game credits will be purchasable through PS Store or your friendly local retailer at the following denominations: 500K, 1 million, 2.5 million or 7 million credits which you’ll be able to apply in-game for cars and parts."
---
FSgamer aka FS7 - www.youtube.com/user/FS7kills
Cheap Tactics for the Win
#2ARC_NoOnePosted 11/18/2013 11:46:24 AM
FSgamer posted...
custom PSN avatars, paint chips, race suits and race helmets – basically everything you need to fly past your friends on the way to the finish line.

So racing suits and paint chips are going to make your car faster in this version?

I've been telling everyone for years that green cars are faster.
Maybe now they will be.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#3fastfoodkillsPosted 11/18/2013 12:21:21 PM
little suprised its only 14,3 GB , i hope thats not only a partial download.
---
Fast Food Kills More People than Smoking and Alcohol
#4ARC_NoOnePosted 11/18/2013 12:48:54 PM
The GT Planet article says the DOWNLOAD is 15Mb, but that the actual data, decompressed on the hard drive, will be 30Mb.
---
#5ARC_NoOnePosted 11/18/2013 12:49:59 PM
*Gb on both of those.
Stupid GameFAQs won't let me edit without downloading add-ons.
---
#6fastfoodkillsPosted 11/18/2013 1:25:47 PM
ARC_NoOne posted...
The GT Planet article says the DOWNLOAD is 15Mb, but that the actual data, decompressed on the hard drive, will be 30Mb.

yeah its 15 GB (gigabyte ,not megabyte) and the 30 GB you will only need to have free on your ps3 to start the download. When it installs the download, it uses up to 30 GB but when the game is installed its just 15 GB. If your article says something else, they are wrong. But thanks for the info.
---
#7ARC_NoOnePosted 11/18/2013 1:57:47 PM
fastfoodkills posted...
If your article says something else, they are wrong. But thanks for the info.

Whose article says it only takes up 15Gb after install?
---
#8dhewett2Posted 11/18/2013 3:27:04 PM
my ps3 reads discs really loud please be day 1 digital for US ps store too otherwise is there a way for me to get the Europe version and will it work?
#9yarrmateysPosted 11/18/2013 3:32:54 PM
Oh, megaton for the wrong reasons. I wonder if this pay for credits thing is a sign of GT5 1.0's restrictive credits system making a return.
---
--
-
#10fastfoodkillsPosted 11/19/2013 3:24:20 AM
ARC_NoOne posted...
fastfoodkills posted...
If your article says something else, they are wrong. But thanks for the info.

Whose article says it only takes up 15Gb after install?

thats like it is always, if the store says its 15gb (i gave the exact size some posts up), then it will be 15gb.

the 30gb free are only needed as i just explained, to unpack the download, and to install it. its the same as when you have a rar/zip archive on your PC. when its 15gb. After unpacking it, you can delete the archive as the ps3 does automatically, and the game itself is also "crunched" so it wont be more than those 15gb.

I was only wondering if there maybe is additional downloads as now on ps4, and as we had on ps3 with last of us. Where you do a partial download, and then have to download more. Because 15gb for gt6 sounded a bit low to me.I thought it would be a much bigger game. Of course size doesnt mean anything, they probably have very good compression techniques in the game.
---