Do you think they took out Endurance races and Bspec to push microtransactions?

#1MegabreathPosted 12/13/2013 5:38:48 PM
Taking out these features made no sense to me at first but the more i think about the likelier it seems, they know people use them to farm credits.

Have they said they are going to add Endurance races in? Even if they do they won't be part of the main career mode. I just don't get what goes through their heads at Polyphony these days, they make great racing games and then take out basic features. Why couldn't it be like GT4 with hundreds of events that took months to play through? GT6 feels even smaller than 5

I know we have online instead, but they nerfed the payouts for that as well :/
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#2Nova666Posted 12/13/2013 5:46:10 PM
Except that they are going to add BSpec eventually.

Probably endurance races will be included too but I think is awesome they are not required to beat the game this time.

Oh, and they could have looked for glitches if they wanted money by selling credits... XD
---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#3meetjsquaredPosted 12/13/2013 5:46:48 PM
still early, they're gonna put out more seasonals (I think m4 pays out 100K plus the car) and I heard endurance will be out at a later update along with b-spec
#4Dragonspawn1319Posted 12/13/2013 5:51:17 PM
I can only guess on the whole no endurance race thing, maybe they have a legitimate reason for it like pit stops broken or something. Or maybe they plan on re-incorporating b-spec drivers to let you switch off like you could in gt4.

But if I'm not mistaken, B-spec wasn't fully functional in gt5 when it launched either.
#5meetjsquaredPosted 12/13/2013 5:52:56 PM
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
I can only guess on the whole no endurance race thing, maybe they have a legitimate reason for it like pit stops broken or something. Or maybe they plan on re-incorporating b-spec drivers to let you switch off like you could in gt4.

But if I'm not mistaken, B-spec wasn't fully functional in gt5 when it launched either.

as many have said, b-spec in gt4 was nice, in gt-5 it went backwards. hopefully they're making it better,not sure how as I'm not a big fan of b-spec although its a nice credit farming method.
#6Razor2602Posted 12/13/2013 5:55:13 PM
Or maybe they plan on re-incorporating b-spec drivers to let you switch off like you could in gt4.

“In GT6, we’re planning to make it so that you can just switch within the same race to make it either A-Spec or B-Spec. There won’t be separate modes for A-Spec or B-Spec racing any more, the player can just choose to have it be an A-Spec or B-Spec race. So, people who really like to drive can just keep it in A-Spec.

“Among all the users of Gran Turismo, there are some guys who really have a hard time driving themselves, but really like cars, and B-Spec will be a big part of the game for them.”

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-tamir-moscovici-interview-jff-2013/
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#7Nova666Posted 12/13/2013 6:00:15 PM
Razor2602 posted...
Or maybe they plan on re-incorporating b-spec drivers to let you switch off like you could in gt4.

“In GT6, we’re planning to make it so that you can just switch within the same race to make it either A-Spec or B-Spec. There won’t be separate modes for A-Spec or B-Spec racing any more, the player can just choose to have it be an A-Spec or B-Spec race. So, people who really like to drive can just keep it in A-Spec.

“Among all the users of Gran Turismo, there are some guys who really have a hard time driving themselves, but really like cars, and B-Spec will be a big part of the game for them.”

I have to admit I was one of these guys IN GT4, but the racing line feature helped me to learn to drive properly in GT5. There is little point in only doing races in BSpec, unless you have a lot more to do to manage drivers. And I mean A LOT.
---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#8Dragonspawn1319Posted 12/13/2013 6:01:21 PM
Razor2602 posted...

Well, here hoping it works out well. The whole reason I never managed to platinum gt5 was because of those 2 stupid 24hr races. I just couldn't bring myself to finish them, despite multiple attempts.
#9Razor2602Posted 12/13/2013 6:03:21 PM
Nova666 posted...

I have to admit I was one of these guys IN GT4, but the racing line feature helped me to learn to drive properly in GT5. There is little point in only doing races in BSpec, unless you have a lot more to do to manage drivers. And I mean A LOT.

Yeah i always just put them in the best possible car and leave them to it did the whole b spec endurance like that
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#10James_UptonPosted 12/13/2013 6:24:53 PM
I am so sick of this topic.
If they wanted to push "micro transactions" they wouldn't be $5 (isn't micro), they'd have a lot more value instead of being more of an aid instead of a short cut. Production on this game was fast for a gt. They wanted to get the game out on time instead of having another gt riddled with delays so they cut a few features still under development.