HELP with Clubman Kart Cup 100 Race 2 and 3!

#21todwestPosted 12/27/2013 1:31:29 PM
None of these settings have helped me one bit, seeing as I have finished exactly one race -- in fourth place. I've reached the final lap a bunch of times, but I'm always way back in the weeds. I'm talking like 15 seconds behind the leader. I'm at a loss. I've played every GT game since the first one. All are incredibly frustrating in different ways. But I have never encountered one with a race this difficult. It is simply off the charts. Did anyone beta test this game to see how people responded to this section? I would have told them that it's a serious design flaw that needs to be nerfed. It is simply not physically possible for me to improve on fourth place. I don't have the coordination.
#22Digital ManaPosted 12/27/2013 5:16:15 PM
todwest posted...
None of these settings have helped me one bit, seeing as I have finished exactly one race -- in fourth place. I've reached the final lap a bunch of times, but I'm always way back in the weeds. I'm talking like 15 seconds behind the leader. I'm at a loss. I've played every GT game since the first one. All are incredibly frustrating in different ways. But I have never encountered one with a race this difficult. It is simply off the charts. Did anyone beta test this game to see how people responded to this section? I would have told them that it's a serious design flaw that needs to be nerfed. It is simply not physically possible for me to improve on fourth place. I don't have the coordination.

Race in cockpit view, you'll be able to see where your tires are on the track.

Take the games advice and use your breaks correctly, you're probably braking way more than necessary... just practice. These are hard races but totally doable, you have to learn how to drive the karts and get on the correct line consistently.
---
Bnet: digitalmana#1467
3DS FC: 4785-5427-0945
#23Velocit-yPosted 12/28/2013 7:25:18 AM
after about 1000 retries on race 2, I concluded on the following settings which FINALLY allowed me to finish in 1st position:

Max Speed: 110 Km/h

1st Gear: 1400

Final Gear: 4300

Ballast Weight: 10 Kg

Balast Position: 50%

I was able to finally win the race, after about maybe 10 retries (because I had to adopt to the new kart settings)
#24dominicano27257Posted 12/29/2013 5:11:07 PM
So after reading various settings and A BUNCH of trial and error, I made up my own settings and managed to only retry twice, do to a bad start. The trick is to take the others on the corners (AI takes the corners real slow) and maintain that lead.

Max Speed: 62MPH

1ST GEAR: 1.752

FINAL GEAR: 4.800

BALLAST WEIGHT: 5KG

BALLAST POSITION: 30KG