Loved 4, 5 was kinda meh...

#1CyrlousPosted 4/9/2014 6:22:16 PM
Will I like 6? Is it as big as 4 was? Are there as many things to do? I'm assuming there's probably even more cars than 4 (which had a lot imo).

I'm asking this because 5 felt really disappointing to me for some reason after how much I loved 4 and I'd rather not be disappointed again.
---
The official Ghoul of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#2Blitz4532Posted 4/9/2014 6:44:39 PM
If 5 was a disappointment then try renting GT6 for a weekend. In my opinion it's more of 5 but with less if that makes sense. If you want a new GT badly, wait for it to go on special.
---
I am the Stig
It's like a big, upside down squirrel sir!
#3KaZoooPosted 4/9/2014 7:16:10 PM
Blitz pretty much nailed it.

6 is better than 5 imo.
BUT it is also more of a disappointment than 5 because it continued with some of the hated aspects.

my best analogy would be GT5 is like carrying 100 pennies, GT6 is like carrying 4 quarters. The better option, but still just a dollar when you'd expect to have accumulated more money in the past ~3 years.
---
"Competing every night, both ends, shoot - inside/outside, fast break, transistion, Monta Ellis have it all"
#4ARC_NoOnePosted 4/9/2014 8:31:03 PM
KaZooo posted...
my best analogy would be GT5 is like carrying 100 pennies, GT6 is like carrying 4 quarters. The better option, but still just a dollar

My best description of it is that GT6 improved on the stuff that GT5 already did well, but left all the stuff GT5 did poorly alone.
They also removed a considerably portion of the content that was available in GT5, and added new stuff, most of which is questionable.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#5Cyrlous(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:38:43 PM
ARC_NoOne posted...
KaZooo posted...
my best analogy would be GT5 is like carrying 100 pennies, GT6 is like carrying 4 quarters. The better option, but still just a dollar

My best description of it is that GT6 improved on the stuff that GT5 already did well, but left all the stuff GT5 did poorly alone.
They also removed a considerably portion of the content that was available in GT5, and added new stuff, most of which is questionable.

Hm, ok, so what bad elements were left in place? Also, what content was removed?

And, in comparison to 4 and 5, are there more events total or less?
---
#6ARC_NoOnePosted 4/9/2014 9:02:37 PM
Cyrlous posted...
Hm, ok, so what bad elements were left in place?

The sounds still suck.
The AI sucks even worse than it did in GT5.
There's still no leaderboards.
There's still no downloadable ghosts, and no downloadable tuning setups.
They've kept the paint chip system, and don't allow you to edit liveries in any way either.

Also, what content was removed?

B-spec, data logger (recently readded), track generator, and 3-d (recently re-added).

There's less events than there were in GT4.
There are more events than there were in GT5, but still nowhere near as many as Forza 4.
---
#7Cyrlous(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 9:08:45 PM
ARC_NoOne posted...
Cyrlous posted...
Hm, ok, so what bad elements were left in place?

The sounds still suck.
The AI sucks even worse than it did in GT5.
There's still no leaderboards.
There's still no downloadable ghosts, and no downloadable tuning setups.
They've kept the paint chip system, and don't allow you to edit liveries in any way either.

B-spec, data logger (recently readded), track generator, and 3-d (recently re-added).

There's less events than there were in GT4.
There are more events than there were in GT5, but still nowhere near as many as Forza 4.

Hm, ok thanks for the detailed list. Gran Turismo 4 had a VAST amount of events and they were hidden all over the place so it was kinda fun just looking for them all and figuring out how to qualify for them.

That's one of the things I kinda didn't for about GT5 I guess. It felt too linear in its progression and I never really had that feeling of discovering cool new stuff constantly.

I was hoping they would have KIA in GT6 but from what I've been looking up it doesn't seem to be there. Maybe I just missed it though.
---
#8ARC_NoOnePosted 4/9/2014 9:25:38 PM
Cyrlous posted...
That's one of the things I kinda didn't for about GT5 I guess. It felt too linear in its progression and I never really had that feeling of discovering cool new stuff constantly.

GT6 is even more linear, if anything.
In GT5 you could play a few seasonals, and open up everything to level 23 really quickly.

In GT6 there's a more guided system.
License tests are mandatory now, and passing them will open new races.
Those races earn you stars, based on your finishing position, which are necessary to open more license tests.
That means there's very little skipping ahead available now.
---
#9GunmaN1905Posted 4/10/2014 4:43:07 AM
ARC you forgot the main thing:

THEY REMOVED ENDURANCE RACES.

And they want me to do 12k kilometers worth of driving, but you drive only ~7k for 100% completion.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#10FSgamerPosted 4/10/2014 5:41:07 AM
ARC_NoOne posted...

PD also removed custom one-make races, which is my favorite part of single player in GT5, and the closest thing one can get to a proper race in GT5.
Standing starts, a balanced grid with everybody using the same car, I can race my favorite cars at any track I want including DLC & custom tracks, with any race length I want, and there's the option to enable mechanical damage & fuel/tyre wear.
PD should had kept custom one-make races and add payouts to them based on race length, in that way I could drive the cars I like at the tracks I like and get rewarded for it, that would add a lot of replay value to the single player portion of the game.
---
FSgamer aka FS7 - www.youtube.com/user/FS7kills
Cheap Tactics for the Win