skill trees

#1shaakesPosted 6/25/2013 2:44:50 AM
Retweeted by David Goldfarb earlier today. A listing of the different classes/skill trees that lets you play with the specs

http://freepiecoupon.com/payday
#2SomboSteelPosted 6/25/2013 12:28:28 PM
shaakes posted...
Retweeted by David Goldfarb earlier today. A listing of the different classes/skill trees that lets you play with the specs

http://freepiecoupon.com/payday

Thanks so much for posting! Ive been really wanting to see these :)
#3SomboSteelPosted 6/25/2013 12:28:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4shaakes(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 6:38:14 PM
another tweet mentions that overall # of points needed to unlock a tier is going to be reduced, but the cost of top tier perks will increase- so, you can probably get into a wider range of things but "still keep the committment level" for the best of the best perks.
#5shaakes(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 4:29:51 AM
that site has updated point values for the skill trees
#6shaakes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 1:03:30 PM
new official looking payday skill tree calculator tweeted by Goldfarb today http://www.pd2skills.info/
#7JetblackmoonPosted 7/8/2013 4:08:19 PM
That's pretty awesome. I'm sure I'll end up playing the hell out of all the classes.

Can't wait for this game.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#8iPenGuinsPosted 7/12/2013 11:05:40 AM
Would someone kindly enlighten me on how the skill trees are going to work?
As in, how many attributes can you have per skill?
Let's say, I'm a ghost and I'm using Dead President. Can I pick another attribute so I can have both Dead President and another one or can I only have 1?

It's a little complicated so if someone could explain. Thanks :)
#9steelio1Posted 7/14/2013 8:07:15 AM
iPenGuins posted...
Would someone kindly enlighten me on how the skill trees are going to work?
As in, how many attributes can you have per skill?
Let's say, I'm a ghost and I'm using Dead President. Can I pick another attribute so I can have both Dead President and another one or can I only have 1?

It's a little complicated so if someone could explain. Thanks :)

i'm pretty sure it's going to be like you can pick any skills you want as long as you have the points. I think you only get so many points in all so you have to choose your skills wisely. You can't ultimately end up with everything from all 4 specialties, although you could in theory split up between 2, 3 or even 4 different ones to be a jack of all trades but a master of none. Definitely a good idea on the developer's parts because if you get a guy who can do everything and has all the top abilities for each profession you wouldn't need to use teamwork or have a balanced team, which would make things a lot less fun.

Say if you chose to unlock Ghost first and you get Dead Presidents, and then you saved up another couple skill points to use. You could then either keep choosing Ghost skills to get further into that tree, or you could unlock any one of the other three (Mastermind, Enforcer, Technician) and get a skill or two from there.

For example you wanted to have a cross between Mastermind and Ghost you could have some pretty cool abilities and some of each, but you wouldn't be as proficient in Ghost specialties as a guy who invested all his points into that one tree, same thing goes for the Mastermind and the other two as well.
#10iPenGuinsPosted 7/14/2013 2:17:33 PM
Yeah I started to grasp the concept after watching some gameplay I think it's great youre going for Technician Im feeling like a Mastermind/Ghost cross right now.
We just need an enforcer now.
Also do you know what respec is?