single player

#21shaakesPosted 7/30/2013 2:53:48 AM
divot1338 posted...
natevines posted...
buzzsawgr81 posted...
o311rocks posted...

The game is made to played however you find it fun. So rock on man. I played through 90% of PD1 with just one other person, and I am planning on doing this the same way. Had a great time.

I played a bit of the first one solo and didn't have too much trouble, wasn't much different than playing L4D solo.

L4D is exactly what this game looks like to me (obviously not thematically, but you get my point...). I didn't like L4D solo, but damn, this looks massively fun online, so I can't wait to try.

Just wish I had friends who were gamers IRL.

I hear that... All my friends got married and started having kids so its damn near impossible for them to play coop.

It's a shame. Guess I'm getting too old for this ****.

Nooooooo. Never. Don't give up. And if you do have kids just get a sling so you'll have two free hands to play! Going through the same things here. Last of the crew to not have kids and that clock is ticking...
#22vigorm0rtisPosted 7/31/2013 10:35:20 AM
natevines posted...

Just wish I had friends who were gamers IRL.

Yeah... I do have gamer friends, but with everyone having families and work and whatnot, actually scheduling game time is hard. It's easier than planning to get together, but still difficult.

An issue-orders feature would make this game a lock for me, as it is, I'll either wait on it or forget it entirely.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#23CrossBones3129Posted 7/31/2013 11:05:58 AM
I never knew people preferred Single Player over Multiplayer... I can understand games where you vs other players but not where you vs AI. Man up and play Co-Op, I promise you'll have 10x as much fun as by yourself.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#24buzzsawgr81Posted 7/31/2013 12:33:39 PM
CrossBones3129 posted...
I never knew people preferred Single Player over Multiplayer... I can understand games where you vs other players but not where you vs AI. Man up and play Co-Op, I promise you'll have 10x as much fun as by yourself.

I grew up with the NES, so I grew up as a SP gamer being that the only main MP games I ever had were the TMNT games. also, other people aren't reliable, most of my friends play different games than me or are on at different times, and I've never played a game where the randoms I get stuck with are smarter than the AI controlled bots. so I don't see how playing with a bunch of idiots that ruin your enjoyment of the game is more fun than playing solo.

I see what you're trying to say but saying that people who enjoy playing solo aren't man enough, well you can cram that.
---
Spawn here often?
#25phoneixfencerPosted 7/31/2013 12:39:27 PM
buzzsawgr81 posted...
CrossBones3129 posted...

I grew up with the NES, so I grew up as a SP gamer being that the only main MP games I ever had were the TMNT games. also, other people aren't reliable, most of my friends play different games than me or are on at different times, and I've never played a game where the randoms I get stuck with are smarter than the AI controlled bots. so I don't see how playing with a bunch of idiots that ruin your enjoyment of the game is more fun than playing solo.

I see what you're trying to say but saying that people who enjoy playing solo aren't man enough, well you can cram that.

If only there was some forum on the internet dedicated to games and Frequently Asked Questions about those games where you could talk to other gamers who want to play the same game as you and you could simply collect a few friends to game with as often as you like.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#26buzzsawgr81Posted 7/31/2013 12:45:30 PM
phoneixfencer posted...

If only there was some forum on the internet dedicated to games and Frequently Asked Questions about those games where you could talk to other gamers who want to play the same game as you and you could simply collect a few friends to game with as often as you like.

as I've already explained, I don't play with people I don't know. I have no problem playing solo, why do you guys get so pissy because I like to play games differently than you?
---
Spawn here often?
#27vigorm0rtisPosted 7/31/2013 1:19:39 PM
buzzsawgr81 posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

as I've already explained, I don't play with people I don't know. I have no problem playing solo, why do you guys get so pissy because I like to play games differently than you?

Exactly, thank you. I don't go to the park and play pick-up ball with strangers, either. Same thing applies here. I play with friends... but I also acknowledge that there are games specifically designed for MP. You don't see the people who don't get a game designed for SP play getting worked up. Just sort of wish there were a greater allowance for it.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#28iPenGuinsPosted 7/31/2013 1:21:51 PM
buzzsawgr81 posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

He didn't direct anything at you, if don't like playing co-op with strangers that's your choice, the only one getting "pissy" here is you.
#29buzzsawgr81Posted 7/31/2013 2:37:55 PM
iPenGuins posted...
buzzsawgr81 posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

He didn't direct anything at you, if don't like playing co-op with strangers that's your choice, the only one getting "pissy" here is you.

but according to another user, I'm a b**** because I choose to play solo. and yes, what he said was directed at me since it was directed at a group that I'm included in.
---
Spawn here often?
#30Homie_202Posted 7/31/2013 10:04:18 PM
you can play single player but most of the missions will basically be impossible with AI.