Save file corrupted, all progress lost

#1superbowl54Posted 8/20/2013 9:24:18 AM
Is there any way to get my save back? or am I forced to get back up to lvl 34? This is absolutely ridiculous.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.
#2TuffEnuff81Posted 8/20/2013 9:31:15 AM
This is the first I have heard of corrupted saves.

Did it just happen?
#3rgreene28110Posted 8/20/2013 9:37:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4xXStNerevarXxPosted 8/20/2013 10:18:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5cobaltlotusPosted 8/20/2013 10:21:13 AM
xXStNerevarXx posted...
rgreene28110 posted...
You can always start a new game and mod your save. It worked for me.

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/80138-payday-2-unlock-saves/

Because promoting a means for everyone to unlock infinite money and skill points is a great way to keep the multiplayer community alive...

Because using a save editor to recreate a lost save file, rather than invest that much more time in the game to get it all back, is such a horrible thing?
---
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!
#6rttnPosted 8/20/2013 11:10:56 AM(edited)
Talk of save editors is against the rules. Posting a link directly to one is even worse. TC doesn't need your cheater program.

TC, it sucks to hear that. Id be pissed. Thankfully if you have a good crew it shouldn't take long to get back up to 40.

---
ยกPowerGuides 1.11! If you own any XBL Indie Games, Please rate them
GT: rttnCRAFT
#7ima420rPosted 8/20/2013 11:14:58 AM
rttn posted...
Talk of save editors is against the rules. Posting a link directly to one is even worse. TC doesn't need your cheater program.

TC, it sucks to hear that. Id be pissed. Thankfully if you have a good crew it shouldn't take long to get back up to 40.

Why don't you let TC speak for himself.
---
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
#8superbowl54(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 11:48:02 AM(edited)
ima420r posted...
rttn posted...

Why don't you let TC speak for himself.

well, I'm working my way back up, it just sucks because I JUST got my hands on the portable saw and that thing is AMAZING.

My friends tried to power level me but that doesn't seem to work well in this game. I got a TON of money, but EXP? not so much. I'm only level 10 after playing for like 4 hours since it happened.

What happened is some sort of glitch. A friends and I were doing the Rats job and were on day 3, for some reason, I was unable to interact with anything during the run up to the bus. I was apparently in custody ONLY on the host's screen, (this despite me shooting up cops while my other 2 teammates saw me doing so just fine). The game then froze and I was forced to turn off the system (couldn't dashboard because the guide wouldn't come up), when I turned the game back on, everything was gone.

I don't want to use a save editor, however, if something like this happens again (Especially once I get back to my previous level), I may have to...
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.
#9digitalwill2000Posted 8/23/2013 3:02:41 PM
I jut lost 11 levels and 2million bucks cuz of this. unbelievable
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#10HypochondriathePosted 8/23/2013 4:10:52 PM
Always, always, ALWAYS copy your save file. I have backups on a USB drive.