Are we ever getting an update?

#1100RackzPosted 9/2/2013 5:55:53 PM
As most people know already PC recently got their 10th update (which includes a skill for sprinting and shooting as well as sprinting and reloading).

I haven't complained about this one time, but now it's starting to get ridiculous. I understand this game originally was intended for PC so naturally they're going to be the teachers pet, but really 505?

We've all been patient enough and as console players we had to go through hell to get a copy of the game. Can't we at least get an update?

I hate to say it but honestly I see this game declining a huge amount on console in the next month if they don't make a move. GTA V is right around the corner for console and I feel a lot of people are going to move on. PC will be waiting for GTA V for a while so the Payday community will definitely live on through them but come on 505, don't neglect the 360.

That is all.
#2Im_an_F18_broPosted 9/2/2013 5:58:43 PM
Learn how Xbox patching works and quit crying.
---
Chicago Bears 1985
#3dk2101Posted 9/2/2013 6:01:19 PM
Just wait and enjoy the game while we can still revive/get stuff through walls
---
GT:RustlessRhyme
#4100Rackz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 6:07:39 PM
Just wait and enjoy the game while we can still revive/get stuff through walls

I do enjoy the game, and I take advantage of having 10 zip ties vs 5 also. This game is incredibly fun and I've enjoyed it since day one and looked past the negative, but the game is far from perfect. Improvement would be nice. With PC having 10 updates, is asking for ONE too much to ask?
#5phoneixfencerPosted 9/2/2013 6:08:46 PM
It takes 5-7 days for a patch to go through MS certification. They have yet to even submit anything to go through that certification. You can make up as many excuses for that as you like. They're waiting to get it right, they don't want to make small updates, blah blah blah. The simple facts are it's been a few weeks and not even a hint of a patch.

Is the game still fun and playable? Of course it is. But this does mean it's possible we're not going to see a lot of console support which for a lot of people could kill the game. It's far too early to make any kind of judgements, but who's to say this doesn't wind up like TF2 with the PC version getting tons of new weapons and modes and maps and the console gets nothing?
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#6100Rackz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 6:10:03 PM
Im_an_F18_bro posted...
Learn how Xbox patching works and quit crying.

I know how it works I'm not dumb. It has to go through Microsoft and if the update is too large it must be released via DLC, blah blah blah.

I'm happy with the game but an update would be nice regardless of whose fault it is.
#7100Rackz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 6:13:19 PM
phoneixfencer posted...
It takes 5-7 days for a patch to go through MS certification. They have yet to even submit anything to go through that certification. You can make up as many excuses for that as you like. They're waiting to get it right, they don't want to make small updates, blah blah blah. The simple facts are it's been a few weeks and not even a hint of a patch.

Is the game still fun and playable? Of course it is. But this does mean it's possible we're not going to see a lot of console support which for a lot of people could kill the game. It's far too early to make any kind of judgements, but who's to say this doesn't wind up like TF2 with the PC version getting tons of new weapons and modes and maps and the console gets nothing?

Exactly, there hasn't even been a hint of a update coming. I'm going to play regardless because it's a fun and unique game, but it'd be nice to have some updates.

Thank God we're at least getting 5 DLCs. Hopefully they make it up to us. I'm sure they will.
#8100Rackz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 6:27:43 PM
As far as gameplay, I'm content with the game. Sure, hit detection may not be 100%, but I'm mainly waiting on the RNG patch.

Getting electric centers over and over and the same weapon mod 3+ times isn't fun.
---
GT: CMasonOnDeck
I'm just honest.
#9bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 9/2/2013 7:28:25 PM
100Rackz posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

Exactly, there hasn't even been a hint of a update coming. I'm going to play regardless because it's a fun and unique game, but it'd be nice to have some updates.

Thank God we're at least getting 5 DLCs. Hopefully they make it up to us. I'm sure they will.

https://mobile.twitter.com/locust9/status/374230501269057536
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#10100Rackz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 7:59:00 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/locust9/status/374230501269057536

Thanks for that info...good to know they've finally addressed it. At least we know it's coming.
---
GT: CMasonOnDeck
I'm just honest.