Drakengard 3 Plot Spoilers [Spoilers, obviously]

#31Vanquish04Posted 12/19/2013 3:48:09 PM
alienfetucine posted...
That video is absolutely incredible.

The music, the situation, the unbridled blatant spite and hate for the player. It's perfect.

One interesting note is that I think Emi Evans sang the whole thing, including the Kuori Uta beginning. I hope this will get released in the OST.
#32dot21496Posted 12/19/2013 3:48:14 PM
Vanquish04 posted...
dot21496 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGD4FEu02oM

Huge spoiler video.

Well holy crap. Does this mean THIS is the final boss for ending D path? Or is it a secret ending not mentioned by the trophies?

Ending D, Leta gave up after failing for almost 1 hour and a half, the camera purposefully zooms in so you can't see the rings.

Ouch. What's the context of this? What happened in the story for it to get to this point? I mean from what I can tell it's the same Tokyo from DoD1
---
Playing: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/JP)
#33Vanquish04Posted 12/19/2013 3:53:25 PM
Extremely long to explain, basically the power of the flower is behind this, The sisters are originally all created from Zero (no clue on how did it happen), the reason why Zero tries to kill her sister is to stop the power of the flower gaining influence to the world.

Accord is an Android, she helped Zero defeat One in the end, she seems to have a cell phone that can call interventions to the timeline, she's not supposed to do that, but she broke the rule to help Zero in the end, she is killed in the process

After One is defeated, Zero tells Mikhail to destroy the flower once it blooms, and then this happens

This is still the church city, I don't think this is Tokyo, unless Taro Yoko is seriously thinking about trying to throw the game under the bus
#34dot21496Posted 12/19/2013 3:57:03 PM
Thanks for the explanation.
---
Playing: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/JP)
#35Vanquish04Posted 12/19/2013 4:01:12 PM
I have to say the trailers are extremely spoilerific considering the fact that an overwhelmingly amount of content are from Branch D
#36alienfetucinePosted 12/19/2013 4:19:07 PM(edited)
Vanquish04 posted...
alienfetucine posted...
That video is absolutely incredible.

The music, the situation, the unbridled blatant spite and hate for the player. It's perfect.

One interesting note is that I think Emi Evans sang the whole thing, including the Kuori Uta beginning. I hope this will get released in the OST.

That part definitely isn't Aoi Eir , it's Evans the whole way through.

Does the OST even have a release date yet?
---
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
#37Eir_BeaumontPosted 12/19/2013 4:15:29 PM
It's not Eir for sure. Almost certain it's Evans since she has this really distinct ethereal quality to her voice. Just try listening to some of her Freesscape songs and you'll notice it too.
---
"Hey I know you! You're the guy who'll take any job that comes along, no matter how stupid or demeaning!"
#38Vanquish04Posted 12/19/2013 4:19:28 PM
Eir_Beaumont posted...
It's not Eir for sure. Almost certain it's Evans since she has this really distinct ethereal quality to her voice. Just try listening to some of her Freesscape songs and you'll notice it too.

Her voice is very consistently ethereal throughout all of her tracks, I really hope she can release a standalone version, I love the original but I love Emi Evan's voice too.
#39Vanquish04Posted 12/19/2013 11:02:45 PM
The final verse for ending D is WAY WAY WAY worse than Chapter 13 in DOD1, in this game, the camera angle is not only out of focus relying on visual ques is completely impossible, the beats still plays when the screen fades to black, and if you miss it, you die. Not adding the fact that there are SIX statues that are singing. This is inhumane, Taro Yoko crossed the line on this one
#40LenneValkyriePosted 12/19/2013 11:11:06 PM
Vanquish04 posted...
The final verse for ending D is WAY WAY WAY worse than Chapter 13 in DOD1, in this game, the camera angle is not only out of focus relying on visual ques is completely impossible, the beats still plays when the screen fades to black, and if you miss it, you die. Not adding the fact that there are SIX statues that are singing. This is inhumane, Taro Yoko crossed the line on this one

i completely agree with this.. im gonna have alot of trouble with this since i suck at rhytm game lol
---
Playing: Lightning Returns. Waiting for: Drakengard 3, Ar no Surge.
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Iriniamia/