So what exactly is different, and why should we get this version?

#1solaris32Posted 3/21/2013 3:12:23 AM
Besides having the 3 unofficial expansions, is there any reason to get this considering the awesome high resolution pack?
---
http://tinyurl.com/7rtp2qa
"[Fallout 3] is the kind of game that I think about when I make love to my wife"-Darth_nacho
#2N0d0Posted 3/21/2013 10:37:09 PM
Well the expansions are probably the best reason right now to own it IMO. I have the old CDs for those, but the installers don't work on modern PCs and you have to go through a hassle to get them working. And then you can't have them installed at the same time as the original Duke3D, you have to overwrite the game files... unless you want four different installations of the same game. Which works, but still kinda annoying. Here you just launch the game and it lets you choose what to play instantly, each with their own new hi-def menus btw. Looks really nice.

Later on though they'll be adding multiplayer which will hopefully include coop, I'm really looking forward to that although there probably won't be too many people playing online after the first week or so I'd imagine. But coop through the original and expansions? That'll be awesome, I could never get Caribbean or Winter to work for that. And I also read that one of the upcoming features is more expansion packs... I dunno if that means old crappy stuff like Duke!Zone 2, but if that means new custom-built episodes by Devolver Digital I'd be psyched.
#3schlaufuchsMIKEPosted 3/23/2013 9:05:11 PM
The graphics are much crisper and lighting isn't too dark anymore. It's worth owning, in my opinion. I'd considered buying the original from gog, and honestly, I'm glad I never did.
---
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock
#4N0d0Posted 3/24/2013 4:51:36 PM
Yeah I forgot to add that the music has been redone too (including the music from the expansions) and sounds really good... still not as good as the Total Meltdown music though.