Fleeing battle? Insane difficulty spikes. Rage quit.

#1LeFeverBeaverPosted 8/26/2014 8:42:19 PM
So I've rage quit this several times in the couple hours that I've played this. Mainly it's because I get wiped by something that somehow does thousands of damage after previous/contemporary enemies doing in the low hundreds...

Anyone got any tips for fleeing? I've been successful fleeing ONCE out of the probably 30 times I've used the option. Needless to say I get helplessly creamed and have to restart from last save (honestly, in this day and age why is there no 'continue' option? that's bulls*** to lose all your progress since the last save...).

Man, this game is fun until it gets real cheap... I HATE losing progress in any game and I can't keep restarting because some random OP enemy...

GRRRRR

/rant
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
CURRENT: Disgaea 4, Sword Art Online; SOON: HDN:R1; BACKLOG: Massive.
#2soada7xPosted 8/26/2014 8:47:45 PM
Don't flee. It seems the stronger the enemy, the less chance to run. Just gring your characters up a few levels, save, and try again. It's what I've done if I got a game over.
---
Now playing - HyperDimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1 (Vita), Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (Vita), One Piece Unlimited World Red (Vita),
#3Vortex_of_HopePosted 8/26/2014 8:47:49 PM
Thousands? Are you walking into strong enemies? You aren't supposed to fight the orange marks on the map.
---
"Whether I'm alive or dead, I'm still just dandy."
3DS friend code: 2191-7740-4404 PSN / Nintendo Network ID: Vortex_of_Hope
#4LeFeverBeaver(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 8:51:18 PM
Vortex_of_Hope posted...
Thousands? Are you walking into strong enemies?...

Apparently. Also, I think those little bunny things buff each other and unleash a powerful attack. But yea, I suppose I could pay more attention to the mini-map...
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
#5soada7xPosted 8/26/2014 9:01:32 PM
Well, it's not that you're not supposed to fight them, it's just that you most likely won't be able to your first time through the dungeon. In fact, there's quests for beating them.
---
Now playing - HyperDimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1 (Vita), Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (Vita), One Piece Unlimited World Red (Vita),
#6LeFeverBeaver(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 9:20:32 PM
Yea, just for gits and shiggles I went to fight that ancient dragon... I was doing zero damage lol.
---
#7soada7xPosted 8/26/2014 9:29:45 PM
I did that my first time. It didn't go well. Just as a reference, when I beat it, I had 2 characters at level 16, and one at 18.
---
#8Vortex_of_HopePosted 8/26/2014 9:32:40 PM
I beat the dragon at below 15 but I had dlc characters so I had support and three hdd forms.
---
#9soada7xPosted 8/26/2014 9:38:23 PM
I have them as well, but I only used one of them, Plutia, in the fight.
---
#10Vortex_of_HopePosted 8/26/2014 9:40:24 PM
soada7x posted...
I have them as well, but I only used one of them, Plutia, in the fight.

Do you have support characters set up? IF, Compa, and Neptunr start off with low level lilly ranks.
---