WA$TE OF MONEY - needs an additional login - Ubisoft

#1java_gurlPosted 8/22/2013 5:28:52 AM
I haven't played a M&M title since years ago. I remember it being this great grid based single player RPG experience.

Fast forward to now - Have to log into a separate UBI account. WTF? I already have it in Steam. Isn't that DRM enough? For $10 less, you can buy M&M 1 though 9 on gog.com without any stupid DRM.

My whole reason for buying this was to put it on my edge and play while we go on vacation for the 8 hour drive. Guess that ain't happening since it requires live internet as well. Total rip off.
#2FalxXDPosted 8/22/2013 6:44:53 AM
Both steam and uplay have offline mode; so I'm sure you could figure something out.

Uplay was listed in the description, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

That.. And if you look at the steam forums about the game, they are ablaze with topics about uplay...

If you know anything about current ubisoft games, thel ALL require this to play.
---
OvO
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
#3saul777Posted 8/23/2013 4:37:53 AM
Could someone explain this?
---
God bless kickstarter.
#4MarceloSampaioPosted 8/23/2013 6:37:38 AM
saul777 posted...
Could someone explain this?

There's not much to explain, really. People are making a huge fuss because the game requires UPLAY, even if you buy it on Steam.

You'll need to be connected to the Internet the first time you enter the game, make a registry in UPLAY and log in to play the game; But you can set it to OFFLINE mode after the first time, so you DON'T need Internet connection to play the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mAjXr0l.jpg
Evolution of the dungeons in the Elder Scrolls game (from Daggerfall onwards)... ES 6 dungeons will be strait lines, I guess...