Elemental Forge fire boss

#1AuspexAOPosted 2/5/2014 7:50:15 PM
Doing the elemental forge at level 19 and the boss is trashing me. I have fire ward up and try and keep celestial armor and regen up, but the fireball drops all but my most beefy character in one hit (it generally does 200+ damage to all characters through the ward). I'm dpsing him pretty well, so if I can just get through like seven rounds without getting gibbed I could do it. Any advice on how to keep that stupid fireball from dropping my group?
---
"So build that wall and build it strong, 'cause we'll be there before too long"
#2IntegnosPosted 2/5/2014 7:58:22 PM
Fire Ward from a crystal blessing and Fire Ward from a spell stacks. Arcane Ward stacks with both.
Every point of resistance/armour is better than the last(ever increasing returns) because of the way percentages work.

If you don't have any other means of increasing fire resistance, then you'll have to spend gold to purchase fire resistance gear somewhere. I think a shop in Seahaven sells nothing but fire enchanted gear.
#3AuspexAO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 9:24:08 PM
Didn't even think of the statues! Thanks. I have water walk so I can get to the one by the church near Karthal and probably one more. Gonna chill a bit and do Karthal first, though, for the promotion quest (Freemage).
---
"So build that wall and build it strong, 'cause we'll be there before too long"
#4xhanPosted 2/6/2014 10:07:18 AM
You can also set a spirit beacon (buy a scroll in Karthal if you don't have Master Primordial Magic) in front of the fire boss, run to all the buff crystals/statues you need and then teleport to the beacon fully buffed.
#5CGoblinsPosted 2/6/2014 5:00:57 PM
They renamed Lloyd's Beacon?! :(
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#6xhanPosted 2/7/2014 8:58:54 AM
Never knew why it was named that way to begin with - who the heck is Lloyd?
#7CGoblinsPosted 2/7/2014 4:48:33 PM
I dunno... googled it and someone said the guy that teaches you the spell in M&M2 was named Lloyd, but they didn't seem confident that was the final answer.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#8MalcolmMasherPosted 2/13/2014 7:02:01 PM
No, that's entirely correct. Lloyd is in Might and Magic 2, hanging out in a hidden room in Corak's Cave, and if you find him then he will teach Lloyd's Beacon to you. Lloyd doesn't appear in any other games, and MM3-9 just sell Lloyd's Beacon in mage guilds as normal, but NWC never changed the name.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.