Deadwalkers & Mind Maze Decklists

#11BS_InfinitePosted 6/7/2013 9:26:41 PM
Sephin_X_12 posted...

Thirdly, I would also like to see a counter-themed deck. Would be nice. Jus as long as they had a some sort of green deck that had plenty of creatures/spells with "can't be countered". They could actually make a green/blue counter/can't be countered deck. I don't know about the rest of you, but if you play paper-magic, heck, even in the past few games there has been some, pretty fair/balanced counter spells (though more costly than counterspell and/or cancel). But yeah, they do have the flash creatures that counter spells, and even spells that when they counter something, it makes a creature. --and I know green has a few (maybe more) creatures that can't be countered. I'll admit I don't know of any other of the colors that do that. But yeah, the blue aspect of the deck would focus around counter spells, while the green side would focus around the creatures who couldn't be countered.

Sounds pretty enjoyable
x4 Mystic Snake please!
---
--
-
#12Acidfreeze30Posted 6/8/2013 1:19:52 AM
4 Phantasmal Images and 4 Lords of Unreal? Oh my, Illusions is looking nice!
---
Sup.
#13nuke2099Posted 6/8/2013 1:28:26 AM
TheBeastWithin posted...
nuke2099 posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...
abyss posted...
Well, I'm pretty happy with Black. It's still got a bit too much removal, but making it Zombies was certainly a nice way to make it more interesting than the usual Mono Black deck, and it's got some big, fun cards. It's definitely looking top tier at this stage.

Blue is Illusions. Boo. Why are they so against making a proper counter deck? But like Illusions in 2012, it'll probably be a pretty good deck.

Because their goal is to make the game fun and a proper counter deck is not fun whatsoever for the person playing against it.

Correction: New players don't like facing them and they often suck in using them.

And who are DotP games designed for? Yeah, that's right, generally new and/or inexperienced players. And even for an experienced player, it isn't fun to face these kinds of decks (well, assuming the person knows what they are doing) because...you know...you might actually want to play the game. Also, as you have demonstrated, users of such decks tend to be elitist asses who aren't fun to play with either.

I hardly play counter or control decks and if I do its usually black, a combination of black with another colour or a colour that can be turned into control such as Born of Flame.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#14Neverwinter27Posted 6/8/2013 5:53:48 AM
ok guys what do you guys think will be the next Goblin Gangland?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig
#15PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 6/8/2013 6:27:37 AM
As far as this game series being for new players is concerned, I think that was two games ago. If you consider 2012 the beginning, or "reboot" of DOTP (my first experience with MtG), and you've been following the series (as I have), logically each game should bring new things to the table and teach the player new terms and strategies, rather than just make a newb friendly game once a year that gets more cheesy with every iteration.

Basically, the game was newb friendly in 2012, upped the play mechanics in 2013 (they really did, so much stuff I'd never thought/heard of this year) while still being newbie friendly/having a better tutroial and explanations for terms, in 2014 it should add more IMO - not make it even more for noobs by making every deck simplistic.

So, you heard it from a noob, I'd rather have a counter deck or *AHEM* something FUN like that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 6/8/2013 7:41:58 AM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
As far as this game series being for new players is concerned, I think that was two games ago. If you consider 2012 the beginning, or "reboot" of DOTP (my first experience with MtG), and you've been following the series (as I have), logically each game should bring new things to the table and teach the player new terms and strategies, rather than just make a newb friendly game once a year that gets more cheesy with every iteration.

Basically, the game was newb friendly in 2012, upped the play mechanics in 2013 (they really did, so much stuff I'd never thought/heard of this year) while still being newbie friendly/having a better tutroial and explanations for terms, in 2014 it should add more IMO - not make it even more for noobs by making every deck simplistic.

So, you heard it from a noob, I'd rather have a counter deck or *AHEM* something FUN like that.

Amen. Same here.

I'd like to see more complex decks than just plain standard decks that even someone who doesn't play Magic can get the basic gist of how to play.

Besides that, new players hate everything that beatsthem or annoys them, which equates to every deck. So you might as well add them in to allow more diverse taste instead of limiting their tastes to standard non-complex decks. (With a few exceptions)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#17shadyfreak24Posted 6/8/2013 5:30:00 PM
Acidfreeze30 posted...
4 Phantasmal Images and 4 Lords of Unreal? Oh my, Illusions is looking nice!

I can already see it:

T1 phantasmal bear
T2 lord of the unreal
T3 phantasmal image copying the lord. Opponent ragequits.

Seriously, by the looks of it the illusion deck will probably just roflstomp everything else just like in 2012.
---
who gives a ****
#18nuke2099Posted 6/9/2013 2:09:44 PM
Neverwinter27 posted...

Illusions possibly.
---
#19WstonefiPosted 6/18/2013 2:13:39 PM
nuke2099 posted...
Neverwinter27 posted...

Illusions possibly.

Most likely. It was the strongest deck in 2012 (pre-DLC) and it looks just about as strong in this one.
#20nuke2099Posted 6/19/2013 6:00:20 AM
Wstonefi posted...
nuke2099 posted...
Neverwinter27 posted...

Illusions possibly.

Most likely. It was the strongest deck in 2012 (pre-DLC) and it looks just about as strong in this one.

Stronger even. 4 Lords and 4 illusions to copy said Lords to become self buffing hexproof illusions that buff other illusions and give them hexproof. Compared to previous Duels games this version seems to have more consistency with whole play sets.
---