Heavy Hitter achievement?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Voiddrifter

Voiddrifter
3 years ago#1
Ive finished the challenges but I can seem to get the Heavy Hitter achievement . The most I could eek out was 165. Any suggestions?
If you can read this you are blind.
If you can read this I have given you your sight back.

User Info: TheHefHugs

TheHefHugs
3 years ago#2
Do you want the answer or a hint? If you want the answer there is a FAQ on it already if you want a hint I'll say remember you can tap your creature in response to the trip noose's tap.
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)

Voiddrifter
3 years ago#3
the faq only tells you how to win. the achievement is more difficult so I would gladly take the straight answer please :)

User Info: MTGxerxes

MTGxerxes
3 years ago#4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BWoM1h9LQw 210 damage.
There IS a way to get 250 which I didn't try hard enough when doing the guide, thankfully its irrelevant as long as you're at 200+
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic 2013, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager

User Info: BWO_Arbiter

BWO_Arbiter
3 years ago#5
Tried to get the first link in but had issues with my capture device.

At any rate here is my video (still uploading)

http://youtu.be/iEe61DvNrsw

Not really doing all the challenges because they were so easy, just the Heavy Hitter. Many of the challenges I think people should complete for themselves so that they get a better sense of how the mechanics work, but that's just my opinion.
+1 to MS for taking 2 huge steps in the right direction. Now if only they fixed the rest of the problems :-(

Voiddrifter
3 years ago#6
You Rock! Thanks :)

User Info: starlin17

starlin17
3 years ago#7
and for a text version [taken from trueachievements.com, MemoriesOfFinal]

1. Play Mossbridge Troll for 7 mana, 2 mana remaining
2. Play Quirion Ranger for 1 mana, 1 mana remaining
3. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Multani, Maro-Sorcerer and Heedless One. Mossbridge Troll is now at 25/25.
4. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Primalcrux. Mossbridge Troll is now at 45/45.
5. Play your Forest. 2 mana remaining.
6. Play Khalni Hydra. 2 mana still remaining.
7. Play Instill Energy on Mossbridge Troll. 1 mana remaining.
8. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Drove of Elves. Mossbridge Troll is at 65/65.
9. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Dungrover Elder. Mossbridge Troll is at 85/85.
10. Using Quirion Ranger's abilty, untap Primalcrux or Drove of Elves. Return any tapped Forest.
11. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap which ever creature you untapped from #10. Mossbridge Troll is now at 105/105.
12. Cast Berserk on Mossbridge Troll. Mossbridge Troll is now at 210/105. 0 mana remaining.
13. Press Y to continue.
14. The AI will tap Mossbridge Troll, Quirion Ranger, Khalni Hydra and Baloth Woodcrasher. The enemy will use all 4 of the Trip Noose cards that it has.
Very important: While the 4th Trip Noose is tapping Quirion Ranger, press X to pause the game)
15. Activate Instill Energy's ability to untap Mossbridge Troll.
16. Attack with Mossbridge Troll for 210 damage.
xbox GT: StarlinX

User Info: Britt_basic

Britt_basic
3 years ago#8
I did not realize you could do the mossbrige troll ability more than once a turn... wow.

User Info: dragonman72963

dragonman72963
3 years ago#9
I'm experiencing some problems. The first 3 Trip Noose activate, but its doesn't register the Quirion Ranger as a threat or something, because it doesn't try to tap it. That throws the whole thing off your guided hinges. Is there a solution?

UPDATE: It worked on the third try. Weird.....
I realize that I am by far not a perfect person, but I will no longer tolerate the incompetence of others.

User Info: raziel_vampye

raziel_vampye
3 years ago#10
dragonman72963 posted...
I'm experiencing some problems. The first 3 Trip Noose activate, but its doesn't register the Quirion Ranger as a threat or something, because it doesn't try to tap it. That throws the whole thing off your guided hinges. Is there a solution?

UPDATE: It worked on the third try. Weird.....

I've got the same problem too. Tried about 3 times, then tried changing the difficulty to max. Nothing seems to work, the AI will only use 3 of it's Trip Nooses and won't use one on Quirion Ranger, meaning if I un-tap the Troll, it'll just get tapped again :(

lol same again, worked on like the third time. Not sure what's up with that, but if anyone else is strugling just keep at it!

PS3 + 360 Gamertag: Zaxlor ~=!=~ 3DS Friendcode: 1332 - 7697 - 4909

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived