Heavy Hitter achievement?

#1VoiddrifterPosted 6/28/2013 1:17:11 PM
Ive finished the challenges but I can seem to get the Heavy Hitter achievement . The most I could eek out was 165. Any suggestions?
---
If you can read this you are blind.
If you can read this I have given you your sight back.
#2TheHefHugsPosted 6/28/2013 1:23:01 PM
Do you want the answer or a hint? If you want the answer there is a FAQ on it already if you want a hint I'll say remember you can tap your creature in response to the trip noose's tap.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#3Voiddrifter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 1:50:50 PM
the faq only tells you how to win. the achievement is more difficult so I would gladly take the straight answer please :)
---
#4MTGxerxesPosted 6/28/2013 2:05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BWoM1h9LQw 210 damage.
There IS a way to get 250 which I didn't try hard enough when doing the guide, thankfully its irrelevant as long as you're at 200+
---
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic 2013, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager
#5BWO_ArbiterPosted 6/28/2013 2:20:09 PM
Tried to get the first link in but had issues with my capture device.

At any rate here is my video (still uploading)

http://youtu.be/iEe61DvNrsw

Not really doing all the challenges because they were so easy, just the Heavy Hitter. Many of the challenges I think people should complete for themselves so that they get a better sense of how the mechanics work, but that's just my opinion.
---
+1 to MS for taking 2 huge steps in the right direction. Now if only they fixed the rest of the problems :-(
#6Voiddrifter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 2:20:43 PM
You Rock! Thanks :)
---
#7starlin17Posted 6/28/2013 10:21:11 PM(edited)
and for a text version [taken from trueachievements.com, MemoriesOfFinal]

1. Play Mossbridge Troll for 7 mana, 2 mana remaining
2. Play Quirion Ranger for 1 mana, 1 mana remaining
3. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Multani, Maro-Sorcerer and Heedless One. Mossbridge Troll is now at 25/25.
4. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Primalcrux. Mossbridge Troll is now at 45/45.
5. Play your Forest. 2 mana remaining.
6. Play Khalni Hydra. 2 mana still remaining.
7. Play Instill Energy on Mossbridge Troll. 1 mana remaining.
8. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Drove of Elves. Mossbridge Troll is at 65/65.
9. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap Dungrover Elder. Mossbridge Troll is at 85/85.
10. Using Quirion Ranger's abilty, untap Primalcrux or Drove of Elves. Return any tapped Forest.
11. Using Mossbridge Troll's ability, tap which ever creature you untapped from #10. Mossbridge Troll is now at 105/105.
12. Cast Berserk on Mossbridge Troll. Mossbridge Troll is now at 210/105. 0 mana remaining.
13. Press Y to continue.
14. The AI will tap Mossbridge Troll, Quirion Ranger, Khalni Hydra and Baloth Woodcrasher. The enemy will use all 4 of the Trip Noose cards that it has.
Very important: While the 4th Trip Noose is tapping Quirion Ranger, press X to pause the game)
15. Activate Instill Energy's ability to untap Mossbridge Troll.
16. Attack with Mossbridge Troll for 210 damage.
---
xbox GT: StarlinX
#8Britt_basicPosted 6/29/2013 2:21:51 AM
I did not realize you could do the mossbrige troll ability more than once a turn... wow.
#9dragonman72963Posted 6/29/2013 2:38:24 PM(edited)
I'm experiencing some problems. The first 3 Trip Noose activate, but its doesn't register the Quirion Ranger as a threat or something, because it doesn't try to tap it. That throws the whole thing off your guided hinges. Is there a solution?

UPDATE: It worked on the third try. Weird.....
---
I realize that I am by far not a perfect person, but I will no longer tolerate the incompetence of others.
#10raziel_vampyePosted 7/7/2013 4:53:07 AM(edited)
dragonman72963 posted...
I'm experiencing some problems. The first 3 Trip Noose activate, but its doesn't register the Quirion Ranger as a threat or something, because it doesn't try to tap it. That throws the whole thing off your guided hinges. Is there a solution?

UPDATE: It worked on the third try. Weird.....

I've got the same problem too. Tried about 3 times, then tried changing the difficulty to max. Nothing seems to work, the AI will only use 3 of it's Trip Nooses and won't use one on Quirion Ranger, meaning if I un-tap the Troll, it'll just get tapped again :(

lol same again, worked on like the third time. Not sure what's up with that, but if anyone else is strugling just keep at it!

---
PS3 + 360 Gamertag: Zaxlor ~=!=~ 3DS Friendcode: 1332 - 7697 - 4909