My Rockin 'Enter The Dracomancer' Deck: Try if you can handle the heat!!!

#1adriley313Posted 7/6/2013 7:31:07 PM
Here's my Enter the Dracomancer Deck that I kill with.
I use it and use it well.

3x Terramorphic Expanse
2x Maelstrom Pulse
3x Cultivate
2x Crucible of Fire
1x Dragon Roost
1x Soul's Fire

4x Tukatongue Thalid
4x Dragon Fodder
3x Dragonspeaker Shaman
2x Borderland Ranger
2x Gorger Wurm
1x Igneous Pouncer
1x Valley Rannet

3x Hellkite Hatchling
1x Broodmate Dragon
1x Dragon Broodmother
1x Flameburst Dragon
1x Volcanic Dragon
1x Hellkite Overlord

This is the deck i am currently rocking and got me through the first 3 plans with no problems and MP is fun and playful.

The key to this deck is starting with the right hand. 3 mana is key with 2 mountain and 1 forest. This and one dragon is the best way to start. Everything else you play by ear. Yes it can take a little to start but as you pick up it blows away the opponent.

I use fodder as blockers til the dragons come out and for Devour. Lots of energy grabs to bring them onto the field.

Try it out and let me know what you think.
#2CeruleanGamerPosted 7/6/2013 10:45:00 PM
Dragoon Roost is too slow for this deck. -1... It's a crap card in most cases especially if you get it in your beginning hand, 9 out of 10 times you won't be able to play it ever because:
1. you already got bum rushed by AG or MM and lost by turn 5
2. your flying fatties with haste already took care of the job.

No Jund Battlemage for 1 mana fodder generator..... -1

No Jund Charms (both of them!!!)..... -1

No Bloodbraid Elf..... -1

No Ogre Battledriver.... -1

No Banefire..... -1

Not running all Maelstrom Pulses and only 1 Soul's Fire? Your deck is SOOOOOOOO vulnerable to aggro decks which everyone and their mothers play online. -1

Some advice:

1. I'd take Predator Dragon over Volcanic Dragon (because the former has devour 2!!!) if you decide you can only bring 1 but bringing both is a better choice.

2. Don't need to run all 4 Tukatongue Thalids or 4 Dragon Fodder when you get Jund Battlemage. He's a better fodder generator. 2-3 of each is fine.

3. Get Dragon Fangs. Trample is really great especially when your fatties can get 10+ attack with both Crucibles up.

4. Dragonspeaker Shaman is a waste of slot imo. I would focus more on ramping cards than getting discounts for casting creatures so you can get some fatties by turn 4-5 and also not have any specific land issues. This deck can ramp pretty easily due to 4 cultivates, 4 terramorphs, and 3 borderland rangers....

My rating for your deck: 3 out of 10.
---
"Evolution put a bigger brain in our pants than in our heads, so we can't help it..." Official Emperor Mateus of the DDFF Boards.
#3The DeadpoolPosted 7/7/2013 8:31:47 AM
The only ramp the deck has is Cultivate. Terramorphic and Ranger do not ramp, they fix. Same with the cyclers.

I think people underestimate the use of playing spells not necessarily earlier, but also CHEAPER. Means you can do two spells a turn earlier, which is a hell of an advantage.

Same with how useful having a body is. Cultivate gets you one extra mana, but will it suck out your opponent's removal? Will it go down in front of a 16/17? Will it sacrifice itself so your new hasty dragon can be a 10/10 instead of an 8/8 allowing you to one hit kill your opponent?
---
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.
#4Game JediPosted 7/7/2013 11:11:01 AM
The key to this deck is starting with the right hand.
^ The moment you should have realized that your deck build was a failure.
---
Not changing my signature until Resident Evil 2 is remade, and Gouki is included (in-game or as DLC) in a non-campaign mode.
#5CeruleanGamerPosted 7/7/2013 2:34:33 PM
The Deadpool posted...
The only ramp the deck has is Cultivate. Terramorphic and Ranger do not ramp, they fix. Same with the cyclers.

I think people underestimate the use of playing spells not necessarily earlier, but also CHEAPER. Means you can do two spells a turn earlier, which is a hell of an advantage.

Same with how useful having a body is. Cultivate gets you one extra mana, but will it suck out your opponent's removal? Will it go down in front of a 16/17? Will it sacrifice itself so your new hasty dragon can be a 10/10 instead of an 8/8 allowing you to one hit kill your opponent?

This deck has always had land issues on the starting hand. You won't always get 2 mountains by turn 3 every single time you play this deck. When that happens, dragonspeaker shaman is pretty much a dead card in your hand and you definitely wished you ran another terramorph or cultivate to get that specific land out.
---
"Evolution put a bigger brain in our pants than in our heads, so we can't help it..." Official Emperor Mateus of the DDFF Boards.
#6ZoneofEnderzPosted 7/7/2013 5:54:37 PM
Guys are being a bit harsh I agree with a lot of the changes proposed but cut some slack. It can be hard to tell these things for anyone but clear to other people.
---
All Hail Dirn2, he's captured all 150 pokemon, fought off deadly ninjas and his toaster never burns toast, EVER.
#7megamaster125Posted 7/7/2013 6:11:14 PM
ZoneofEnderz posted...
Guys are being a bit harsh I agree with a lot of the changes proposed but cut some slack. It can be hard to tell these things for anyone but clear to other people.

Yeah guys, don't be so harsh on him. Just remember what he considers to be a good deck, something that can get through the first 3 planes in the campaign mode.
---
There are no contradictions in the Bible.
http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/
#8The DeadpoolPosted 7/9/2013 1:07:42 PM
CeruleanGamer posted...
The Deadpool posted...

This deck has always had land issues on the starting hand. You won't always get 2 mountains by turn 3 every single time you play this deck. When that happens, dragonspeaker shaman is pretty much a dead card in your hand and you definitely wished you ran another terramorph or cultivate to get that specific land out.

I don't NEED to always have him on turn 3 because I won't always have a dragon on turn 4.

And a 2/2 creature is NEVER a dead draw. At the very very least it will go down in front of an attacker. Or get Devour'ed. Or suck out a removal. Or hit the enemy for 2 damage. Or two of the above.

When I have no cards in hand, 10 land in play and top decking? Cultivate and Terramorphic Expanse ARE dead draws...
---
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.
#9CeruleanGamerPosted 7/9/2013 3:48:21 PM(edited)
Not really. More lands you get, the better the effect of Hellkite Overlord, Flameblast Dragon, Banefire, and Dragon Breath becomes. Thats why Dracomancer is actually played better with more ramping than just dumping dudes on the field. Its better to finish off your opponent with a strong Banefire or Souls fire than poking them constantly for 2-4 damage.

Also an experienced magic player wont use removals on Dragonspeaker shamans when the dragons with devour and haste are 10x more of a threat. Also you need to learn the purpose of ramp cards and terramorphs. They don't just put lands of your choice on the field. They are what you would call "deck thinners". They increase your chances of drawing your better cards because you get rid of the land searcher card and also pull lands from your deck.

---