Promotional code unlock cards... available?

#1MTGxerxesPosted 7/17/2013 3:56:06 PM(edited)
Just played a guy who used Harmonize on me. I asked him how he got it and he said "Same as everyone else. Google"

I asked him if it was hacked in, and he replied "I wouldn't call it "Hacking"" but he certainly didn't dismiss it or say that codes have been released, or that he knows a guy, or randomly punched them in, etc.

So maybe I'm just the ignorant one and I'm wrong, but I don't think the codes have been released yet. How/where did he get his codes? When I google I get just promo info about the Slime/Ogre/Sliver or links to threads asking about if the codes are around yet -- which people answer no.

Edit: Aha. Couldn't find a direct link, but was able to find a forum that had a link to people who talked about figuring it out. Its techy stuff that I sure can't do, but it looks like people can mod their files and get all 10 unlocks already, as opposed to September and later like I've read is the plan.

Hope it doesn't catch on. This is so dumb.
---
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic DotP 2013/2014, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager
#2TeiohGuildlessPosted 7/17/2013 4:30:20 PM
Well, folks on Steam have been 'hacking' promo cards in since almost day 1. Of course, that hacking for steam is basically little more difficult than say, turning on the cheat codes for Baldur's Gate. They've also hacked sealed and what not too, to make crazy decks.

I know it's happening on Xbox as well, but I'm not sure what the procedure is there. Maybe it's just as simple, and opening a file to change a 0 to a 1. As the fellow said, I guess google and see.

But, most certainly, the promo codes have not been released, so no one has those cards legit.
---
PSN ID: Teioh_White - anyone feel free to add me at anytime.
#3nuke2099Posted 7/18/2013 1:51:08 AM
MTGxerxes posted...
Just played a guy who used Harmonize on me. I asked him how he got it and he said "Same as everyone else. Google"

I asked him if it was hacked in, and he replied "I wouldn't call it "Hacking"" but he certainly didn't dismiss it or say that codes have been released, or that he knows a guy, or randomly punched them in, etc.

So maybe I'm just the ignorant one and I'm wrong, but I don't think the codes have been released yet. How/where did he get his codes? When I google I get just promo info about the Slime/Ogre/Sliver or links to threads asking about if the codes are around yet -- which people answer no.

Edit: Aha. Couldn't find a direct link, but was able to find a forum that had a link to people who talked about figuring it out. Its techy stuff that I sure can't do, but it looks like people can mod their files and get all 10 unlocks already, as opposed to September and later like I've read is the plan.

Hope it doesn't catch on. This is so dumb.

People have hacked the 360 for weeks :P all this hacking has ruined 2014 even more.
---
GT: Nuke2099
#4JetblackmoonPosted 7/18/2013 4:16:38 PM
I haven't run into anyone with the promo unlocks or hacked Sealed decks on the 360, but it's definitely possible. From what I understand, it's quite common on Steam.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#5TheBedGrapesPosted 7/18/2013 6:33:13 PM
Jetblackmoon posted...
I haven't run into anyone with the promo unlocks or hacked Sealed decks on the 360, but it's definitely possible. From what I understand, it's quite common on Steam.

Hacked sealed decks are probably pretty common on 360...though sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between luck and hacking; unless the hacker makes it abundantly clear with his 4 grave titans and endless stream of murders.