Hope for DotP 2015

#1Sephin_X_12Posted 1/21/2014 5:07:10 PM
What are you hoping they add/improve in 2015?

Here is a list that I want to see in the next game, in order from most to least

1: Duel-lands in two+ color decks. It's time they get with the program and add these already. They're easy to understand how they work and it would help out multi-colored decks a lot better than fetch lands.

2. A new engine. Now, I'm not sure if that's the right word for it, but basically what I mean is for the past three games its (to my knowledge) been the same engine. Generally the same bugs, the "A possible change in DLC has been detected msg" ~It seems to take long in DotP 2014~ and well, im sure you all know the flaws. So something new and improved would be nice. Hell, just an improved version of what we have would be nice.

3. Planeswalker card types. Yeah, I know its asking for a lot, but honestly, they've become a staple in the paper-game and they have (for the most part) a huge impact on the game. Hell, I wouldn't mind even have the "Bad" planeswalkers. Just having them in the game would be so much cooler.

4. Block Constructed. For those of you who know paper magic formats, you may or may not know what this is. For those of you who don't. Well, basically think of Sealed mode, but with Block you would have access to all the cards to build whatever kind of deck you want. Block usually would cover three sets of magic. For example, the Innistrad, Dark Ascension, and Avacyn Restored sets make up the Innistrad block. Giving that each of those sets contains 150+ cards that would be A LOT of cards to pick from... so they could just give us a pool of cards to pick from, like they did in Sealed, though making it a little larger would be nice. Somewhere along the lines like: 20 mythics, 40 rares, 60 uncommons, and 80 commons. That's 200 cards in all (not including basic lands) and that's more-or-less wishful thinking. Still, I think people would prefer it over Sealed... or any other previous sub-gametypes they've had in the past.
---
GT: Nobody Worthy
Current Games: Battlefield 4, Magic 2014, and Pokemon Y.
#2VoIugPosted 1/21/2014 8:20:17 PM
Maybe add in commander for the alternate game mode. But I don't expect it to happen.
#3Sephin_X_12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 9:32:28 PM
VoIug posted...
Maybe add in commander for the alternate game mode. But I don't expect it to happen.

As cool as that would be, I doubt it as well.
---
GT: Nobody Worthy
Current Games: Battlefield 4, Magic 2014, and Pokemon Y.
#4IronSasquatchPosted 1/21/2014 9:47:50 PM
Block Constructed would be awesome. I would love to see either a way to just unlock boosters for your card pool or a way to purchase them with IN-GAME MONEY. Not that that would happen, because microtransactions were already prevalent in this iteration of the game, so I'm sure they would be in DotP 2015 as well. But we can dream...
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#5nuke2099Posted 1/22/2014 3:43:23 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but there will be hardly any improvements over 2014 and the same bugs and problems will still be there. Wizards and Stainless simply don't care enough. The games are advertisement and nothing more, you can tell with the amount of effort they put into 2014 overall. Especially deck pack 3.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 4828-5070-8006 Dragon Safari: Fraxure, Noibat, Sligoo
#6Pyth_the_BullPosted 1/22/2014 2:09:41 PM
nuke2099 posted...
Sorry to burst your bubble but there will be hardly any improvements over 2014 and the same bugs and problems will still be there. Wizards and Stainless simply don't care enough. The games are advertisement and nothing more, you can tell with the amount of effort they put into 2014 overall. Especially deck pack 3.

Oh you.

As for 2015?
- Decks need to be balanced and competitive in respect to one another.
- The main colors, guilds and planes all need to covered. There's no need for something like 4 green decks.
- We need more control over some of the options, essentially just to speed the game up.

And yes, dual lands are long overdue.

As for block constructed and commander, I can almost guarantee that will not happen. It was interesting seeing a psuedo-sealed mode in the game, but it was too limited. I suspect it will return in 2015 and be more comprehensive, at least we can hope. Plus it's another way for them to push microtransactions. And businesses do love money.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#7nuke2099Posted 1/22/2014 4:20:20 PM(edited)
Pyth_the_Bull posted...
nuke2099 posted...

Oh you.

As for 2015?
- Decks need to be balanced and competitive in respect to one another.
- The main colors, guilds and planes all need to covered. There's no need for something like 4 green decks.
- We need more control over some of the options, essentially just to speed the game up.

And yes, dual lands are long overdue.

As for block constructed and commander, I can almost guarantee that will not happen. It was interesting seeing a psuedo-sealed mode in the game, but it was too limited. I suspect it will return in 2015 and be more comprehensive, at least we can hope. Plus it's another way for them to push microtransactions. And businesses do love money.

I suggest they try booster draft over sealed mode. And I agree with what you said.

Problem is it seems like the decks are not made by competent people but by people who just like "certain" cards or colours and then throw them into one deck. I'm sure they also test the decks using their own children to play them and then take ideas from the children. Now don't get me wrong I'm no card/deck expert but seriously...so many green decks...I like green but damn...

Also I think this version has something to do with their "rotation" They said sometime in the past that each Duels game will rotate based on previous games. The next one should be a better copy of 2013 like 2014 was of 2012.

However in each Duels game they reduce the amount of effort they put in (with the decks not the game overall) and at least over on the official forums they seem to care less and less about Duels each year. So far 2013 is regarded as the best one they have done. 2014 should of surpassed that. Me and many others are also annoyed that they bring out last years "block" cards and strategies late when they should be out during the year the game is set in. For example 2014 should of included more 2014 cards and its expansion should of included Theros cards. In 2013 the Ravnica expansion should of included the new Ravnica cards and not the old ones. They were themed but definitely not themed on the new abilities on the cards etc.

They also seem to like re-using the same cards since the original Duels of the Planeswalkers. Seriously it was when I went back to play it (started with 2012 then 2013) that I started to realise each Duels has just been a copy paste for the majority of the decks. The original and 2013 have the most variance in decks though.

TLDR: /Rant.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 4828-5070-8006 Dragon Safari: Fraxure, Noibat, Sligoo
#8RagnoraokPosted 1/22/2014 7:27:49 PM
@nuke2099

wanted to include that part from the boondocks when the dude was stuttering like hell trying to agree, but ends up saying "ya mean" at the end.

Seriously, everything nuke2099 posted is true. The majority of the 2014 decks are poorly constructed to the point that they are broken, or are non viable for competitive play. That Block format will NEVER happen, for the simple fact that that mode is essentially like the main game, but better, since you can actually make up your own decks with a universal pool. The commander idea has been around for a while, and I highly doubt that will happen since that would take as much effort as the main constructed format. At best, we will have the Block format, but nothing else.

With that being said, we will more than likely see the same old stuff.

My wishlist as a new Magic fanemphasis on wish

1) If they are intent on adding a story mode, please make it so that each stage/plane focuses on another planeswalker. Also, please...please...PLEASE do not bring back Jace, Chandra, Liliana, Ajani, and Garruck if they are not going to play an active role. I honestly thought they were the only planeswalkers when I first started.

2) Of course, balance the decks. If a deck is full aggro, then give them the best aggro cards, but absolutely no hard removals. AG, DW, and MM were broken because they had the best removals AND the best aggro strategies. In regards to control, the mana curve better be high, and there should be no early lockdowns. Also, fix how many copies of a card are allowed. Seriously, 4 Lord of the Unreal and 4 Phantasmal Image, but only 1 Predator Ooze and only 1 Reverberate?

3) There should be at least 1 mono colored deck that plays EXACTLY as that color should. For example: Blue should be hard counter/draw, black should be hard removal, green should be ramp/bomb, white should be swarm/lifegain, and red should be burn/haste. The other 6 starting decks should be multi-colored and play any other way. It is baffling seeing Mind Maze pull off most of its victory as a rushdown deck, even though the whole point of mono blue is to counter.

4) Bring the most recent cards;I am new to magic, but as someone who has experience with Yu-Gi-Oh, I can tell some cards are older and clearly have no place in the newer format. Hell, Hunter's Strength has a 2 copes of a 3 mana enchantment that gives 3/3, but only one copy of a 3 mana enchantment with the same bonus, except that when the enhanced creature dies, a 3/3 token is left in its stead. Smh, how can you have power creep in a deck? The decks that have the most recent cards are at a HUGE advantage since they tend to include effects of multiple older versions of cards.

5) Like someone else said, planeswalkers and dual lands are nice. Additionally, I have heard that mana pools are strategic as well.

6) FIX THE SHUFFLE SYSTEM!!!!! I know most will say that the game's shuffle is fine, but when I consistently see my online opponents pull out the SAME combos verbatim, then something is wrong. I cannot tell you how often I see that Heart expansion card turn 2 playing against Chant, Lord of the Unreal turn 2, then Phantasmal Image turn 3, and that AG combo that puts a lot of tokens of one soldier everytime another human enters. Make a true random generator so that matches do not play out so similarly.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#9TeiohGuildlessPosted 1/22/2014 10:18:59 PM
I'll just go with Dotp 2015 being the chance for WotC to keep me in this. I've been buying each game and all the expacks since 09, so I like the idea; I wanted an arcade like game where you pick your 'fighter' and roll, and to a degree, the game's delivered.

Dotp 2014 though, was so poorly thought out deck wise, that unless the launch 10 decks of 2015 (the launch decks are overwhelmingly the most important) are good, I'll just key out of the franchise and call it quits, and not check to see if any better decks come out in the back 11, or beyond.

So, it's there chance to make a saving throw. We'll see what they roll in about 5 months.
#10KresselackPosted 1/23/2014 2:51:37 AM
Some things I can remember that would be nice to see:

The ability to play against Revenge deck AIs in two-headed giant/FFA/etc.

Unlocked cards to go to your sideboard and not immediately into the deck.

DLC decks to keep in line with the Duels of the Planeswalkers theme and have a personality attached and not show up as Up to Mischief, Bounce and Boon, etc.

It would be nice to have at least one deck for each dual/triple/five color. Going off that, being able to unlock some of the decks (or lists based off them) we see in the game like in 2014 for instance: Prophetic Ravings RUG deck, encounter decks like the Gruul or the UB ninjitsu, or challenge mode like the Rakdos curses.

Not sure if there's an official term for it, but a co-op type mode with two players vs one badass as seen in the campaign of 2014 could be fun. (I don't have 2012 but I've heard that it supposedly did have that in it.)
---
Ave, magistros. Ave, registrus. Ave, leodastus. Ave, mendaxas. Illius animos. Illius vellenas. Illius fortens.
http://i.imgur.com/Uz5MDiR.png