OE impressions

#71ShadowKnux372Posted 7/29/2013 11:56:38 AM
gaom45 posted...
I'm calling it now, there's going to be a stage where Lelouch's carefully laid plans are reduced to nothing due to Domon showing up and throwing Shining Finger silliness everywhere.

"This hand of mine is Burning Red!"

Would be nice, but everyone eventually cows to Lelouch's "genius" eventually in the story, if only to get him as a permanent member of the team. Even Kamina had to eventually go under his command in Z2, as I recall. :P

Can't wait to get Domon and turn him into a person of mass destruction, though. :D
---
# of people who want real catgirls: 150
# of times I've been deemed pleasant or interesting: 60
#72masterman97Posted 7/29/2013 5:29:42 PM
SEK-EEEEE-HAAAAAA

TEN-YO-KEEENNNNN
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#73gaom45Posted 7/30/2013 8:31:39 AM
GOD SLASH....TYPHOOOOOON!!!!!

I dunno why but I like this attack.
#74MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 4:19:08 AM
I finished Ch 2. Scenario 7-3 was pretty good, it felt the closest to an 'epic' SRW scenario so far. Scenario 9-3 was decent too. I also liked the mission with domon and hero in the cave, and the mission where you bring the scopedogs to the goal.

Better content overall, and I'm enjoying the game more on the emulator at 150% normal speed. 150% speedup smooths out the load times and laggy menu transition effects.

I'm still playing under the same conditions as before, and it felt like the difficulty was increased especially in Scenario 7 where you have to spread your forces thin to make the continuous bonus. Turn count atm is 200 turns, 62 out of 62 scenarios. I'm wondering whether you'll be able to get the max EC rank without repeating stages or DLC.

I haven't done the Patlabor vs boss solo scenario yet - my Patlabor pilot is lv 14 and got wrecked by the boss, even trying to debuff it with that 900 damage attack. I'm not sure how much an extra couple levels would help, either.

Overall I'm a bit happier with the level design, and I wouldn't want to go back from the 150%+ speed emu to a real PSP.
---
http://www.tbstactics.com - Tactical Insights. Tactical turn based and tactical/strategy game news/reviews.
#75superobo4everPosted 8/3/2013 1:17:34 PM
yeah the level designs were better, they took a couple maps from Neo and shrunk it too. But part 2 lacks bosses~ I was surprised on how many units they gave us in this part, probably in part 3 the cast will get stacked. 4 or 5 Chain stages are possible!
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#76KingofdeathwarPosted 8/6/2013 12:11:59 PM
Chapter 2 was harder and it wasn't bad. Am guessing after first 4 chapter they will bring a new Original robot, hopefully. Current original got a nice BGM, good voices but the robot doesn't have any stunning attacks where u can say ((WHAAW)). It will be awesome if they bring another original robot+char. A super type not real this time.

overall so far, the game is good and BGMs is more than good the feeling of SRW is still there. :)
#77MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:17:34 PM
Yes Chapter 2 was an improvement (although still a lot of filler).

Looking forward to more. I wonder if Chapter 8 will be possible with no upgrade/no parts equipped?
---
http://www.tbstactics.com - Tactical Insights. Tactical turn based and tactical/strategy game news/reviews.
#78superobo4everPosted 8/6/2013 12:23:58 PM
MJEmirzian posted...
Yes Chapter 2 was an improvement (although still a lot of filler).

Looking forward to more. I wonder if Chapter 8 will be possible with no upgrade/no parts equipped?

I think the no upgrades thing will die sooner or later, you will get units probably with 3 upgrades starting part 3, maybe 4 and 5 upgrades later on. Considering how many units left ( the 50 series thing ) so you will have tons of upgraded units. Unless you use part 1 units all the way to the end lol then probably you will depend on spirit commands a lot.
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#79MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:33:45 PM
I have always used pre-upgraded units on no upgrade runs. No upgrade to me just means not manually upgrading anything.

In 2nd OG ex-hard you no longer get units pre-upgraded.
---
#80superobo4everPosted 8/6/2013 12:38:08 PM
MJEmirzian posted...
I have always used pre-upgraded units on no upgrade runs. No upgrade to me just means not manually upgrading anything.

In 2nd OG ex-hard you no longer get units pre-upgraded.

yep the ex-hard mode is good best for no upgrades run, this game no upgrade mode is 1 upgrade for part 1 / 2 for part 2, who knows maybe 8 for part 8! although pilot levels are fixed.

to me I would have using some crappy units later on instead of something like Dancouga just because they come with billion upgrades. -_-
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u