Any chance for story walkthrough?

#1silvymoxPosted 7/28/2013 3:35:52 AM
I wish someone start a story walkthrough, like the ones from Mark Neidengard for most SRW titles. Mark?
Or at least plot summary like Kern's one for Neo.
Any chance? Anyone working on that?
Mox
#2hyugazPosted 7/28/2013 9:18:54 AM
trust me, it's better if you don't know anything about the plot...
#3silvymox(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:01:47 AM
Why? I realy love SRW plots. Even Neo and XO ones.It's realy no fun not to know what is going on :)
#4hyugazPosted 7/28/2013 12:59:10 PM
Because if you knew what's going on you'd stop playing, the plot is so random and messy that really hurts to think about it, it's on the level of Project X Zone if you get what I mean
#5theonedalekPosted 7/28/2013 3:36:43 PM
hyugaz posted...
Because if you knew what's going on you'd stop playing, the plot is so random and messy that really hurts to think about it, it's on the level of Project X Zone if you get what I mean

I dont care tell me anyway
#6hakennanbuPosted 7/28/2013 7:41:28 PM
Hey hey it's not THAT bad. I agree that the plot has no seriousness at all, but the comedy is awesome.
---
Stand up and dance graciously oh soldier subjected to thy Fate
Equip yourself with a thousand arms and fly with excellence!
#7gaom45Posted 7/30/2013 8:26:00 AM
I'm a half Japanese who grew up in Japan but now living in U.S., my kanji is a little rusty but I understand 95% of what is going on. Like the others said nothing really stands out so far.

The gundam people pretty much followed their own story, on the last mission of Char chasing the White Base the main character shows up and says White Base is now part of Connect so Char is forced to call off his attack and gundam story was put on hold.

The combination type Super's are all done story wise from their respective anime's. They all talk about how they've already defeated all their respective foes. However their old enemies start to show up through Mucus's dimension gate.

Guren Lagan is early part of their story so far, as shown by Viral.

Macross: Alto is their squadron leader...so dunno what happened to Ozma.

At the end of Ch.1 the Alien that shows up with the tentacles...I forget its name right now but they are Connect's allies and supplier of info and tech for the main group. They require the alien to power up and stabilize the main dimension warp gate as they don't have enough power to do it themselves.

They were about to warp through when Viral showed up and attacked. The alien had to use its build up of energy to attack Viral instead of warping so had to wait to recharge for warp after the battle.

They are now preparing to warp to the part of the galaxy where Macross people settled down.

P.S. Main girl can sense Mucus and the alien that is on Connect's side. Main guy has stated that no one else from Connect has been able to communicate directly with them so far. (Which makes me wonder how they got its cooperation to begin with....)
#8hakennanbuPosted 7/30/2013 8:47:35 AM
Seems like Gurren Lagann won't even get past the Time-Skip. Kamina already formed Dai Gurren Dan with Eldoran kids, seems like the plot will be over when we got to lordgenome (so no anti-spiral, or it will be replaced with another life-form...like the mucus maybe?) and Viral will be a secret unit.
---
Stand up and dance graciously oh soldier subjected to thy Fate
Equip yourself with a thousand arms and fly with excellence!
#9silvymox(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 9:00:28 AM
Thanks for the short explanation but I still wish for more comprehensive one :-)
I didn't watch all the shows, know them mostly from previous SRWs.
The FAQ like Mark's one would be best (one step from dialogue translation as he describes his work) but also shorter mission by mission explanation like the ones for Neo or GC should do fine. Up till now story made at least 50% og fun for SRW games with all that plots from different shows intersecting and connecting together. I wish I could read and understand japanese :-( I can't so I have to rely on others.
#10Shocking Alberto XPosted 7/30/2013 11:23:03 AM
hakennanbu posted...
Seems like Gurren Lagann won't even get past the Time-Skip. Kamina already formed Dai Gurren Dan with Eldoran kids, seems like the plot will be over when we got to lordgenome (so no anti-spiral, or it will be replaced with another life-form...like the mucus maybe?) and Viral will be a secret unit.

While you very well may be right, I fail to see how the very beginning of the game can actually tell you this. If anything, because of some of the wackiness, we might see unexpected things? Who knows, though. I would say it's a bit early to tell and ... I have no idea what basis (from what has been seen) you would arbitrarily make this assumption. Time skip or not, it depends on what they do with the G-L plot. We do have Viral running around which is good, as it's not a post-plot situation.. but I think it's too early to make assumptions either way.
---
3DS FC: 1177-6989-5829