Late to the party, but who else was pleasantly surprised

#1blazerMFTPosted 7/28/2013 8:52:46 PM
...by the quality of this game?

I've never been much for 3D SRTs. But OE seems to have hit that "sweet spot" with nice animations, a user-friendly map/movement interface and an interesting roster.

Of course, this is coming from someone who has had a lot of experience playing SRT games so navigating the menus seemed 2nd nature to me, even with my limited kanji.

Some very minor gripes only include repetitious VO (some characters tend to repeat the same lines over and over), loss of detail compared to sprite-based mecha (this is nitpicking) and so far, I have not seen any dynamic kills yet. Oh and slightly slower load times than Z.

But yes, pleasant surprise, and while I still prefer sprite-based SRT games, OE just planted in my mind that 3D SRTs may come to a point where they might become as good/fluid as sprite based ones. Better, I am not sure. I wonder how the next 3D game will innovate on OE...cel-shading maybe?

Overall, very pleased, enjoying every minute of this game. Anyone else not expecting much but taken by surprise?
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#2joekagePosted 7/28/2013 9:43:14 PM
I admit. The 3D animation doesn't looked ugly but amazing.
#3gaom45Posted 7/29/2013 11:43:22 AM
There are a few Dynamic kills. The gattai type of super's do an extra pose at the end of their final attack.
#4hakennanbuPosted 7/30/2013 3:54:00 AM
Yeah, totally didnt expect it to be even better than NEO. The SS doesnt look promising, but when you look into the actual game, it's surprisingly smooth and fluid. Too bad they can't make any eye-catching attacks for the RR-unit because of the 3D limitation, I'll probably ditch all my RR-unit after we got the full party.
---
Stand up and dance graciously oh soldier subjected to thy Fate
Equip yourself with a thousand arms and fly with excellence!