Z3 announced (Sorta)

#11ShinyFeraligatrPosted 9/19/2013 4:48:37 AM
I could consider the Z1 Holy Trinity group, if not for Shin Mazinger Z being so amazing and their handling of Getter Robo Armageddon being awesome. The Romance Trilogy is nice, but I'd rather wait until the start of a series to get it (and bring back recruiting Heinel, that was always fun). Other than that, yeah, Z3 should be more a starting point for new series (like it was for Godsigma, Baldios, and Orguss.)
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#12superobo4everPosted 9/19/2013 5:49:27 AM
great! hopefully they change most of the line up of Z2
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#13Shocking Alberto XPosted 9/19/2013 6:36:23 AM
ShinyFeraligatr posted...
Davzz posted...
I'll still be hyped if they include Demonbane and Muv Luv Alternative both in the same game in Z3 though! Oh, and Gunbuster and Giant Robo.

>Giant Robo

>post Alpha SRW.

Great, now I'm crying again. Thanks a lot, jerk.

Z3 will probably have Eureka Seven AO (though if they do ANYTHING but the movie I would be so happy), maybe get to Shin Great Mazinger, and other than that everything is still up in the air. Hopefully not too much new stuff. (and if they do, make stuff like the Z Special Disk levels of fun - DRIBBLEDRIBBLEDRIBBLE GOOOAAAAALLL as a full attack, fully controllable Beck The Great RX3 (for that matter, fully kept Kokuboga), that sort of thing).

Continually asking for Shin Great is silly since it doesn't exist (At least in current anime form to the best of my knowledge. It could exist in manga but I am not up on the Shin manga business, if it's there). There's still plenty of plot business to do, including the entire second chunk of Anti-Spiral business. There will be new series and likely old series phased out somewhat at times, like they did with Alpha.. or it'll simply have the most giant series listing ever. xD
---
3DS FC: 1177-6989-5829
#14MegaMustaine6Posted 9/19/2013 6:53:42 AM
Alpha3 just had Gundam Seed,GaoGaiGar and Virtual on Mars as new series. This could be the same,maybe with some returns from Z1and some old gundam series or same classic stuff(raideen,Voltes,GaoGaiGar,Mazinkaiser). Anyway,it will be probably focused on the original plot
#15ShinyFeraligatrPosted 9/19/2013 6:58:36 AM(edited)
All three of those series were new at the time, though (except GaoGaiGar, which was in Alpha 2)

Shin Great IS in the manga, and that's just it - it's in the manga. We had Demonbane, we had Crossbone Gundam, why can't we give people a glorious animated Shin Great Mazinger?

Though I doubt any series will be phased out, only a few plots have to be finished, mostly (as you noted) the Anti Spiral business, but also probably the end of Orguss (resulting in all the universes splitting), Turn A (Z's variant on the Black History), Big O, and one or two others.
---
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#16Shocking Alberto XPosted 9/19/2013 7:32:00 AM
ShinyFeraligatr posted...
All three of those series were new at the time, though (except GaoGaiGar, which was in Alpha 2)

Shin Great IS in the manga, and that's just it - it's in the manga. We had Demonbane, we had Crossbone Gundam, why can't we give people a glorious animated Shin Great Mazinger?

Though I doubt any series will be phased out, only a few plots have to be finished, mostly (as you noted) the Anti Spiral business, but also probably the end of Orguss (resulting in all the universes splitting), Turn A (Z's variant on the Black History), Big O, and one or two others.

The animation house went under, which is why it hasn't ever been made from what I have HEARD (Rumors, grain of salt, etc).

Also, Alpha 3 brought BACK a lot of series that disappeared after Alpha 1 (Like Dancougar) and advanced plot we thought would not show up, et al. That said, Z2 didn't get rid of many series from 1.. but that is also a possibility depending. (It's always interesting to have extra plot thrown in unexpectedly, when well done).
---
3DS FC: 1177-6989-5829
#17ShinyFeraligatrPosted 9/19/2013 8:09:17 AM
Alpha 3 brought everything but Giant Robo (unintentional), Aura Battler Dunbine (because it was pointless), and Brain Powerd (also pointless) as well as the Gaiden exclusives (Though I wonder why Braiger didn't return). It did bring back Gunbuster and Evangelion from Alpha 1, as well as the Macross folks, Dancouga, and Reideen from Alpha Gaiden (and they finished Reideen's plot offscreen!)

Z3 will bring back every series that isn't pointless (so either Pocket Full of Rainbows or TV Eu7 is automatically out, normal Mazinger trilogy are out, Getter G is out...), and it will be GLORIOUS.

(also, Shin Great never got made because for some absolutely absurd reason, Shin Mazinger Z tanked despite being AWESOME. The studio didn't go under, they still had enough to make SKL.)
---
#18Sans PantsPosted 9/19/2013 8:49:09 AM
"I want back Z1 Mazinger Z,Great Mazinger, Getter and Grendizer"
Grendizer makes sense, but this is an actual plot point about old TV Z and Getter. In this dimension-hopping shenanigans thing, people can't meet their alternate universe selves. So if old Z and Getter were in Z3, then Shin Mazinger and Armageddon couldn't be. And to be honest, I'd rather have Shin Mazinger and Armageddon. However, it would be nice if Shin Dragon could change forms or you could put the young Getter team back in Shin. I like having a Getter piloted by a female. I doubt the all-female Getter is going to be in SRW (Getter Hien or something). Shin vs Neo has a female Getter pilot, but that version of Shin Getter absolutely BLOWS. There's no Stoner Sunshine or Shin Shine Spark. It's something called "Getter Final Crash". Riiiiiiiiiiight.
---
Official Anthony of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
^the perplexity of an absurd delusion*
#19ShinyFeraligatrPosted 9/19/2013 8:57:54 AM
To be fair, Shin VS Neo's Shin Getter was the only one I'm aware of to access God Getter and have the pilots get away completely unscathed.
---
#20theonedalekPosted 9/19/2013 9:11:33 AM
Im hoping for Magic Knight Rayearth but I know thats realy unlikely. Isnt the reason it hasnt shown because Clamp is realy protective of there work and dont trust Banpresto to do it justice?

Any way stuff that will definatly be in Z3. Gundam 00 movie, Endless Waltz and the final part of Gurren Lagann.

Stuff that has a decent chance of being in. Gunbuster/Daibuster

Stuff that might be in but I wouldnt place bets on (or realy my wish list). Gaogaigar (including FINAL), Evangelion, Rahxephon, G Gundam

What do you guys think