Z3 announced (Sorta)

#111ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/1/2013 8:07:37 PM
Sans Pants posted...
Z3 shouldn't be stingy about parts drops. Hakai and Saisei were such a-holes about parts scarcity.

Part of that, though, was that they didn't have convenient "derp" items to throw around. When every item is potentially useful and the Aqua Module is the most useless... Wheras in most games they can pad it out with Propellant Tanks and Cartrages.

WHICH REMINDS ME, there need to be more water-based stages. I swear, in all of Z2's 300 or so stages there were about 3 where you had a slightly reasonable amount of water combat.
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#112HoboOfAwePosted 10/1/2013 8:52:12 PM
I liked OG2's parts allocation system the best. You had a TON of superparts, such as the Advanced CPU and whatever, but the better units in the game only had one slot, so you'd always end up having to choose the absolute best thing for them. I think it made things much more strategic.
---
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
#113saltedhamPosted 10/1/2013 9:47:16 PM
please no squad/tri system. and no half a game either
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#114Sans PantsPosted 10/2/2013 12:46:37 AM
"Part of that, though, was that they didn't have convenient "derp" items to throw around."
What the hell's a "derp" item?

I'm not saying I want six Haros per playthrough. Unless that carries into NG+, which'd be nice (starting with 9 Haros after enough playthroughs of MX was Boss to the Vic Boss power). Anyway, what I mean is that, given that the game allows you to deploy around 18 units early on and 30 in the endgame, you should be given enough parts to properly-equip at least 20-22. Some units really need parts. I really would rather Banpresto overshoot than undershoot the parts number. Or give us a shop so we can shoot for the exact number of parts we want without having to rely entirely on the game deigning to give us one, and then dump everything we're not going to use to get more upgrade cash (of which there is literally never enough until every unit in the game, even the crappy ones, can be fully-upgraded).

I don't think you can put 15 bars into everything with 99,999,999 in K. I saw someone's NG+ money for UX and it does display over 100mil. In Z2.1 and 2.2, and in 2nd OGs, the game won't display over 99,999,99, but it can store more than that.
---
Official Anthony of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
^the perplexity of an absurd delusion*
#115ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/5/2013 6:07:23 PM
A "Derp" item is defined as an item that exists almost exclusively to be sold or otherwise ditched. Almost all of the disposable parts were there (one could debate the "refill Spirit Points to full" parts) until they changed to 1 use PER SCENARIO, when they suddenly became amazing. So now the worst items are things like the usual +5 Mobility part and the S rank in Water part. Well, the S Rank in Water part isn't here, and I don't think players would like a swarm of +5 Mobility parts.

Also, WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO SQUAD/TRI SYSTEM? With the sheer amount of PEOPLE Z3 is going to have, not having a Squad/Tri style system is going to gimp player choice signifigantly - in Z2 you couldn't field someone from every story, and Z3 isn't going to be shrinking anytime soon.
---
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#116DavzzPosted 10/5/2013 6:24:39 PM
ShinyFeraligatr posted...
A "Derp" item is defined as an item that exists almost exclusively to be sold or otherwise ditched. Almost all of the disposable parts were there (one could debate the "refill Spirit Points to full" parts) until they changed to 1 use PER SCENARIO, when they suddenly became amazing.

Eh, IMO, consumables were always good in the order of SP > EN > HP restores.

It's just that most JRPG/J-SRPG players are paranoid about using consumables. They're always waiting for the "perfect" time to use it and then eventually end up with a huge stock of them at the end of the game. People who are like that are better off selling their consumables, sure, at least you get some use out of the money/blue stones but really the cash you get from selling all of them is not that significant enough anyway compared to using them.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#117kurimawtaktakPosted 10/5/2013 6:27:24 PM
As much as I know it is impossible, I would be the happiest man if Zegapain got an exception inclusion.
---
Overcome supremacy with a thunderclap, leap through walls of time, surpass limit and fate, breakthrough future with one chance, and burst with heart in mind.
#118Sans PantsPosted 10/5/2013 9:28:59 PM
"(one could debate the "refill Spirit Points to full" parts)"
2 SSP Drinks+Twin of Mio and Mai+Mio with Concentration=Daunt bosses down to a low enough will level that they won't map you after you're set up to kick their ass, and then you haven't technically spent any SP. 2nd OGs, that is. Mai has a pretty large SP pool due to her ace bonus. You might be able to get Mio 160 SP for ten Daunts (her ace bonus drops Daunt's cost to 20, so -20% makes it 16), but chances are you'll end up just short of the mark unless you want to use one of her skill slots for a level or two of SP Up. I'd put the SSP Drinks on my battleships if they could use parts on other characters, but I don't think that's a skill in this game.

In Z2.2, I'd put the Tuna Buns on CC and Esther so they could get their SP back after Daunting a boss, although most of them couldn't be dropped below 100 will. Like I said, it's just to disable their map attacks and anything that activates at 130 will like Extreme or Guard. It's probably most-useful against Irui in 2nd OGs, because her will gains are as crappy as they were in @2. I don't think her barrier is will-activated, so you'd still have to hit her exclusively with barrier-piercing/ignoring attacks. Considering combo attacks and most finishers break barriers it's not really an issue.
---
Official Anthony of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
^the perplexity of an absurd delusion*
#119ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/6/2013 10:50:32 AM
As I said, you could debate the power of the consumables that boost SP back to full. Those are at least well worth it.

And in Z2, they ceased being derps because they never used themselves up. You could have an item that refilled SP to full, and use it every scenario. That's not only efficient, that's very usable.
---
#120avenue20Posted 10/7/2013 7:41:08 AM
if they include E7: AO and Age, Maybe Kio and Ao will be great friends, they growing up and live the same place and both live with their grandfather