Z3 announced (Sorta)

#211starqoPosted 10/24/2013 10:48:05 AM
ShinyFeraligatr posted...
BTW, who's Kamiyana or whomever that you say is best in Turn A? I always used Quattro, because screw the Hyaku Shiki.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Kamille, which is pronounced "Ka-Mi-Yu" in Japanese for some reason.
#212ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/24/2013 11:22:59 AM
Eh, with him I'd rather go for the Zeta. Waverider Crash and all that, and unlike the DX it didn't lose a horrific amount in the game switch (Poor Garrod becoming useless in Z2)

Though speaking of nerfs, why do they always see the need to make them? Daitarn and Nu are the only robots who went from Z to Z2 with no nerfs, and while some of the losses make sense (No Orguss comboattacks, Zambot doesn't have the King Beal, Gallier probably can't get nuke access, ect), others... don't. (I SPENT THE WHOLE GAME GETTING THE G-BITS, WHERE DID THEY GO?) I get that they're getting better (and thank God Sigma for that, we'll never see a Proto Getter again), but still, some of those make no sense! (Even worse is that in between Z2H and S, Dai Guard SOMEHOW forgot the Great Knot Punisher/Knot Punisher 2, and the Nervash Spec 5 turned into the 2 and became even more pointlessly useless!)
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#213superobo4everPosted 10/24/2013 12:31:17 PM
his name is Kamiyyu and that's how his name is written anyways.
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#214MechafanboyPosted 10/24/2013 4:24:22 PM
Sans Pants posted...
I like replaying stages. I like grinding. I'm not in this for difficulty. Then again, I actually think things are hard that everyone else thinks is easy because I can't see the sailboat, so to speak. That one little keystone solution, and I don't get it. Or I do get it, and I realize that's not my style and I don't do it. I too strongly want to play SRW according to my own desires that I don't think I fit in with the rest of the fanbase. I should probably just leave.

No, I'm not going to log out of gamefaqs. I still want to be able to search boards for information. Just because I'm taking a vow of silence doesn't mean I won't wonder what others are saying.

No offense meant but relax. No one can or should judge you on your playing style ._.; no need to get defensive. I grind money on replays too if only to see the large pretty numbers (let's be honest here, there are many many more tactical turn based rpgs. What's the point of playing essentially a mecha fan's dream game if you can't overpower everything on replays? :P)

Though speaking of nerfs, why do they always see the need to make them? Daitarn and Nu are the only robots who went from Z to Z2 with no nerfs, and while some of the losses make sense (No Orguss comboattacks, Zambot doesn't have the King Beal, Gallier probably can't get nuke access, ect), others... don't. (I SPENT THE WHOLE GAME GETTING THE G-BITS, WHERE DID THEY GO?) I get that they're getting better (and thank God Sigma for that, we'll never see a Proto Getter again), but still, some of those make no sense! (Even worse is that in between Z2H and S, Dai Guard SOMEHOW forgot the Great Knot Punisher/Knot Punisher 2, and the Nervash Spec 5 turned into the 2 and became even more pointlessly useless!)

I assume the nerfs are to emulate the power curve in Z1 where your units early on aren't as useful. Garrod becoming useless made me very very sad... I made it a point in Z2.1 to favor him heavily because I love the design of the X gundam but there's no denying he wasn't very useful compared to the other "broken" units. Nirvash's downgrade made absolutely no sense too @_@;

Also, I found plenty of reals good in Z2. The 00 Gundam people, most of the upgraded Wing folks, Big O (it's a real and I won't hear anything otherwise), Dai-Guard (It is most CERTAINLY a real), anything piloted by Chirico, some of the Macross stuff (expecially Sir King Of Broken Units himself Basara Nekki), the Orguss (though it can't demolish like it does in Z, from what I'm playing), Turn A in Z2S after it gets back its signature move, Nu Gundam (which is, by the way, not just for show), and of course anything related to the Gurren - mostly the SEITEN 8 Elements, but even the base one destroys.

Pretty sure he's referring more to grunt units or side character units like the Akatsukis, Berserga, any of gainers friends and the like. Some of them will see some use (mainly because almost all the repairers/resuppliers fall in this category) but most of them are much less useful than supers in general.
---
http://altogether.insani.org -> Visual novel goodness
Maaya Sakamoto and Younha are amazing~ <3 <3
#215DavzzPosted 10/24/2013 6:37:28 PM
Aphrodite A and her snowclones would like to have words with you.

Also, I found plenty of reals good in Z2...

Man, you really misinterpreted my post, I definitely didn't type "Reals = supah poopy all of them they are all inferior to the ubermensch Supers"

And since you somehow classified Big O as a Real and trying to define Real/Super in strict terms NEVER ends well, I will just rewrite stuff with non-negotiable terms.

Units that mitigate damage through evasion tend to have a power level that varies wildly, due to how evasion has an exponentially greater effect the closer hit rates reach the magical number of 0%

Units that mitigate damage through absorbing and reducing the impact of damage (also known as "tanking") tend to be more consistently good but the improvement from spending cash on armor tends to lessen over the course of the game, due to enemy damage inflation and static scaling.

(Hybrids are defined as units who utilize both methods to stay alive, such as Alt Eisen or Xabungle/Walker Gallier.)

Both of the above categories are beaten by units which mitigate damage through spamming of Iron Wall, generally multi-pilot units (which tend to be Supers more often than not due to the source material.)
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#216ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/24/2013 6:57:13 PM
Davzz posted...
(Hybrids are defined as units who utilize both methods to stay alive, such as Alt Eisen or Xabungle/Walker Gallier.)

Huh, I never thought of the Xabungle guys as Hybrids, but now that you mention it outside their home series they kind of are played like that. (Inside, it's a bit more clear they're reals).

Usually, I say hybrids (which I usually define as things like the Evangelions or the G Gundam folks) are people that aren't the greatest at either dodging or defending, but can destroy in damage - and with a bit of upgrading can do both of the above roles. (I leave Getter out because of its unique place in playstyles) When I say things like Big O and Dai Guard are reals while Aura Battlers and Overmen are Supers, it's in how they operate, not how they play (though in OKG's case it's odd, because there are distinctly both Reals and Supers in the same universe).
---
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#217DavzzPosted 10/24/2013 7:15:53 PM(edited)
Usually, I say hybrids (which I usually define as things like the Evangelions or the G Gundam folks) are people that aren't the greatest at either dodging or defending, but can destroy in damage - and with a bit of upgrading can do both of the above roles.

Evangelion is one of those series with units that have really oddball design.

Eva Units have terrible stats, but the ridiculous barrier they have makes them practically invincible except for bosses that can do more than 4k damage in a single shot, in which case they get flattened into pancakes, but that's why they have Flash for.

In exchange for nigh-invincibility, they usually start games with really bad weaponry, about as good as those that show up on filler reals. An Eva's prog knife and rifle is Lame with a capital L.

Of course, throughout the game, they start to get good attacks like Positron Sniper Rifle, MAGlock Sword, Eva Barrier attack, combination Inazuma Kick, while enemies get higher damage and thus will more often pierce the 4k limit if you don't constantly upgrade them.

edit: Oh, and being superglued to the Battleship through a USB cable is also kind of annoying for stages with skill points that require you to kill all enemies within a time limit, but of course Eva Unit 01 usually chomps on Zeriel's tasty angel corpse halfway through the game.

And then in @3, every Eva unit develops a S2 organ pulled right out of their... (censored)

It's an interesting progression.
---
#218ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/24/2013 7:35:41 PM
Well, Evas are a timepiece design. The first one was used in F/Final, with no Spirit Points or Combination Attacks around, and the next popped up in Alpha where they were still making the system (SRs are weird in Alpha 1, but then so is a lot of stuff - personally, though, I want to see Defensive Counterattacks back for a game or two - and until the DC remake it had no comboattacks, though that version had more combos than pretty much anything else). So in MX and Alpha 3 (and to an extent L), they play a bit oddly because they still work pretty much the same way, Rei not having broken Sacrifice on her spirit commands and them getting some combination attacks aside.

I think it's because of this that the only game you get Eva 03 (off the top of my head) is Alpha 1, there they didn't have to try to fit it in.
---
#219DavzzPosted 10/24/2013 7:40:55 PM
Unit 03 is kind of unfortunate because it's dragged down by Touji's lackluster pilot abilities. The route pathing locking you out from some better unlockables doesn't help either.

It's kind of like a reverse Noin situation (pretty good pilot abilities for a 2nd stringer character, stuck in a crappy Taurus, but being limited to Wing only units there's basically no other unit to steal since just about every GW boy uses their assigned mech much better than Noin.)
---
#220ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/24/2013 8:20:57 PM
Davzz posted...
Unit 03 is kind of unfortunate because it's dragged down by Touji's lackluster pilot abilities. The route pathing locking you out from some better unlockables doesn't help either.

It's kind of like a reverse Noin situation (pretty good pilot abilities for a 2nd stringer character, stuck in a crappy Taurus, but being limited to Wing only units there's basically no other unit to steal since just about every GW boy uses their assigned mech much better than Noin.)

What else can you get with Touji, some early game stuff and Guardian God Godor? Well, those two at least need to be recruitable in more SRW games.

Also, in Noin's case, there was that ONE game where she got a good mech (the Katoki Basic Wing from @2), and in that game she was pretty decent. They need to let her have that more often... or do what I've been saying for years, let the pilots upgrade into Frozen Teardrop stuff (NONE OF THE PLOT. NONE OF THE CHARACTERS. LOCK THOSE AWAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK. But the mecha, they're cool), and give the player some people to fool around with the old Wing mechs - Noin, Hilde, Zechs, maybe Treize if he isn't dead, maybe Relena (because that would be fun), and maybe that girl from Endless Waltz who's evil and being manipulated?
---