Z3 announced (Sorta)

#221DavzzPosted 10/24/2013 8:35:04 PM
I don't know anything on Frozen Teardrop except that it's supposedly a trainwreck.

I tried to look up its mechas, but I can't seem to find any pictures which don't portray the new mechs wrapped in cloaks as if they were Jawas or something.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#222Dragolord09Posted 10/24/2013 9:30:16 PM
Getting back to combining worlds, what series would fit together, even before the Space-Time Ripple Effect from the Super-Dimensional Bomb going off merges the Earths into the World of Z3, and why?
#223ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/24/2013 10:04:23 PM
Davzz posted...
I don't know anything on Frozen Teardrop except that it's supposedly a trainwreck.

I tried to look up its mechas, but I can't seem to find any pictures which don't portray the new mechs wrapped in cloaks as if they were Jawas or something.

Yeah, a lot of the FT mechs are nearly impossible to get good shots of. The only one I can easily find is Prometheus, and it's AWESOME - basically, it's Heavyarms, except it takes the "covered in guns" aspect, uses it LITERALLY, and then adds a MASSIVE CROSS GUN/BAZOOKA THING to it, just incase there wasn't enough dakka.

As for worlds that fit together... Iunno. There's a lot of different ways to make shows fit together, and because Z has the benefit of the Space-Time Ocillation Bomb (see, THIS is why we need Orguss more. None of that "have to try to fiddle every backstory together" stuff that they haven't successfully done since W IMO), they don't have to. I could mention a hundred series that COULD be used, and probably somewhere in the twenties in ones I WANT to be used, but lets face it, at this point Z3 is going to be really, REALLY crowded. So much so that I say they shouldn't go back to the TRI system, and that they should try something like a QUAD system or maybe a QUINT system (make ALL OF THE COMBATTLERS AND VOLTESS.)
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#224DavzzPosted 10/24/2013 10:25:37 PM
Demonbane would go great with Big O, but Big O's plot is already done so it won't be as fun as starting completely fresh.

A Quad squad system would be... basically Alpha 2 and 3.

3 people honestly does seem to be the "optimal" squad size for an SRW squad-system game. The more units in a squad, the higher the chances that the other units are going to be delegated to "Spirit bank", and of course there's mechanics like "For a squad to fly you need to have EVERYONE in the squad fly", which will be a friggin nightmare for a 5 character squad.

As much as I like squad systems, you spend a ridiculous amount of time shunting stuff around in intermission menus in @2/@3.
---
#225ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/24/2013 10:38:56 PM
Davzz posted...
A Quad squad system would be... basically Alpha 2 and 3.

Except without that ridiculous weight system that made me even briefly consider not using Gunbuster.

Also, is there something wrong with turning weak characters into spirit banks? You forget, by this point there are enough series in Z3 that you could deploy, like, 45 in the last battle and not have all the protagonist mechs along for the ride. So allowing something like 25 with 4 people in each means you get all the main characters, all the other good pilots and mechs, the comboattack people, and a few extras for spirits.

Plus, if you keep diligent care on your Flight Modules/Minvosky Crafts and know which series to troll for when you need backup fliers (Mazinger/Grendizer had a lot in Z, Orguss, E7, the later Code Geass stuff, a lot of Gundam stuff, most of the GL mechs, ect.), the flying issue isn't THAT bad.

Oh, and as a note, do you think SRW will ever allow grouping of battleships?
---
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#226DavzzPosted 10/25/2013 7:34:55 AM
ShinyFeraligatr posted...
Also, is there something wrong with turning weak characters into spirit banks?

I kind of prefer them to have actual frontline usage instead of just merely being spirit banks. Which is something this game actually does well with varied weapon properties, but even then there are still 1 or 2 people per group who almost never see any time as squad leader.

Oh, and as a note, do you think SRW will ever allow grouping of battleships?

I think battleships have a lot of mechanics attached to it such as victory condition, ferrying units, passive effects (e.g Nadesico's Gravity Wave EN restoration or plugging USB cables for Evangelion) that "Battleship" squads will be problematic.
---
#227SazukeEXPosted 11/2/2013 12:17:41 AM
Davzz posted...
Unit 03 is kind of unfortunate because it's dragged down by Touji's lackluster pilot abilities. The route pathing locking you out from some better unlockables doesn't help either.

It's kind of like a reverse Noin situation (pretty good pilot abilities for a 2nd stringer character, stuck in a crappy Taurus, but being limited to Wing only units there's basically no other unit to steal since just about every GW boy uses their assigned mech much better than Noin.)

This is why we need the original Gundams the kids used.

Pit Noin in the Wing.

Awesome.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 2155 - 4967
Trainer Name: Rob. Friend Safari - Fighting: Mankey, Throh, and Riolu. PM me if you add me so I can add you.
#228ShinyFeraligatrPosted 11/2/2013 12:29:35 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Davzz posted...
Unit 03 is kind of unfortunate because it's dragged down by Touji's lackluster pilot abilities. The route pathing locking you out from some better unlockables doesn't help either.

It's kind of like a reverse Noin situation (pretty good pilot abilities for a 2nd stringer character, stuck in a crappy Taurus, but being limited to Wing only units there's basically no other unit to steal since just about every GW boy uses their assigned mech much better than Noin.)

This is why we need the original Gundams the kids used.

Pit Noin in the Wing.

Awesome.

They SORT of did that in Alpha 2. One of the secret mechs was the Katoki Redesign Wing, which is basically Wing Gundam if it were done in Endless Waltz style. Unless you decide - for whatever reason - to take one of the other characters out of their (perfectly serviceable for a squad based game, as per the Endless Waltz norm) own Endless Waltz mecha, in which case I have no words for you.
---
#229Vincent_VincentPosted 11/2/2013 3:33:42 AM
Noin says hi
#230ShinyFeraligatrPosted 11/2/2013 11:52:50 AM(edited)
Vincent_Vincent posted...
Noin says hi

...which is what I was getting at. No one else was exactly vying for that Wing except her, everyone else was in a usable mech. (Sandrock and Deathscythe were both average and serviceable, Heavyarms was a sniper in a squad game - great - Tailgeese was pretty good, and both Altron and Wing Zero were reasonably usable in the past games.)

EDIT: Oh, and here's a thing I almost wish came out a year ago (so it could be in this game)

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/333563/scitech/gaming/hello-kitty-gets-weaponized-mecha-for-40th-bday-in-2014

Meowzinnnn go! Meowzinger ZEEETO!
---