EC and item creation

#1DarkGodKainPosted 9/27/2013 1:03:12 PM
I've seen a lot of people saying how EC is really ticking them off because they've got a bazillion credits and no EC, but I've been having the opposite problem. I've been sitting on 10k+ EC for at least two Parts and I spend all my credits every intermission.

HOWEVER I have only been upgrading mecha, because I find dealing with items tiresome so all my SRW games are no-item runs. So my questions are: Is item creation significantly more EC-intensive than upgrading mecha, have people just been buying more Creditx2 parts (i.e. any) than me, and am I going to get screwed by not using items? I never got around to NEO so the balance has already thrown me off a few times, but I've been surviving pretty handily and steamrollering about 75% of the time so far (just starting Part 4) just by always using my lowest-level units so everyone stays roughly on-level.

Thanks for your time, guys.
#2masterman97Posted 9/27/2013 2:04:20 PM
You're definitely not screwed. I find myself crafting evasion up items mostly because armor is really wonky in this game. My Mazinger has like 470 defense but takes damage like Ganbaruger who only has like 280. It makes no sense. The EN up items are nice too, but they're not necessary by any means. They're more of a hassle than anything. Especially these gold items. They're just extra fluff for your units.
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#3superobo4everPosted 9/27/2013 8:30:32 PM
once you get 99 from any item then whenever you get more of it in a stage it will change into EC after clear, I used this to farm EC. lol
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#4joekagePosted 9/27/2013 8:36:28 PM
Making items, especially the gold one definitely cost more credit than EC. Equipping items can make a huge different rather than upgrading. Armors are best bet, follow by dodging. You can basically tank anything with two silver armors. However, making items like you said, is a hassle, so to make up for it you can use Luck level 3 to get them directly from the grunts. Check the library and the field to see if the bosses carrying good items or not.
#5DavzzPosted 9/27/2013 10:06:39 PM
People who are running into EC Cost problems are probably trying to FUB too many units or crafting high level items. Comparatively speaking, if you raise everyone's upgrade to like 5 bars, you'll spend a lot less EC than trying to FUB a bunch of units.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#6superobo4everPosted 9/27/2013 10:31:08 PM
Davzz posted...
People who are running into EC Cost problems are probably trying to FUB too many units or crafting high level items. Comparatively speaking, if you raise everyone's upgrade to like 5 bars, you'll spend a lot less EC than trying to FUB a bunch of units.

true that, yet its worth it unless you don't farm ec at all. I only have 13 FUBed units atm. ^_^
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#7joekagePosted 9/28/2013 7:05:02 AM
Davzz posted...

Even upgrade 5 bars for unit cost load of EC except weapons
#8DarkGodKain(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:25:47 PM
Davzz posted...

Well, seeing as my strategy so far has been PRECISELY TO UPGRADE EVERYONE TO 5, that is probably it. Glad to hear items aren't necessary though. I like to streamline my SRW experience and in the long run not having items has basically made me a better player by default, so... It all works out.

So am I going to start running into EC problems once I start heading into the upper tiers of upgrading?
#9DavzzPosted 9/28/2013 7:39:58 PM
DarkGodKain posted...
So am I going to start running into EC problems once I start heading into the upper tiers of upgrading?

Yes.

Even low level items are pretty helpful though and easy to make though. Accuracy items are great for units who keep hovering at like 80% chance to hit so that you don't need to waste SP on Strike, especially for Supers. HP items drop a lot and stacking them is much more effective at keeping your units alive than trying to get 3/4 of the reals in this game to dodge. SP restoration items are really useful on squads that have trouble earning SP like the Macross F units.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."