How to Power Level?

#1FayjaiDanPosted 9/28/2013 12:42:51 PM
How do you power level? the char shows the exp bar full but indicator says 0.
So how do I know which level range is appropriate for my lower level units to level up?

example: lvl 21 playing a lvl 21 stage = can't lvl
lvl 21 playing a lvl 20 stage = gets nerfed to lvl 20 to fit stage req.

What is the level gap to power lvl?
#2TheHelloedPosted 9/28/2013 12:54:42 PM
I think you have that problem because before you replay a stage, it asks you something about getting double EC, but having character's level preset (So you can't go past Lvl 21 on that stage that says Lvl 21).
Just decline that offer and you can level up your characters to whatever!
#3fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 9/28/2013 1:22:35 PM
Yeah, I think if you accept that, your units will be brought down to the level of the enemies on the stage, but you'll also gain 2 times the EC if you win. This is just my guess though, I have nothing to back it up lol.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#4ShinononoHoukiPosted 9/28/2013 1:54:10 PM
fuzzylittlbunny posted...
Yeah, I think if you accept that, your units will be brought down to the level of the enemies on the stage, but you'll also gain 2 times the EC if you win. This is just my guess though, I have nothing to back it up lol.

You are correct but your upgrades are dropped down to match enemy levels for the double EC bonus.
---
Previously Known as raging Hitomi.
3DS FC:5069-3994-5272 PSN:NanbuKaguya
#5ShinyFeraligatrPosted 9/28/2013 2:19:28 PM
After you die, if you're good enough you can train on King Kai's planet to vastly increase your Power Level *bricked*

Yeah, from what I've heard the best way to do that is to get to people close to your level and kill them until you get near the next group of levels in the simulator, then going through those.
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#6Sans PantsPosted 9/28/2013 3:26:37 PM
The problem with simulator missions is that they crap out enemies all over the map so there's no safe place to put your battleship most of the time. Simulators are, I suppose, for deploying groups so you can fight enemies that drop items. Some enemies are only fought in irritatingly-unfavorable conditions. And I think the drop tables are occasionally-different, too.

I think you should just find stages that are easy to solo and possibly let you deploy groups. You don't have to play the mission to completion if you don't want to. All you miss out on is the EC, but you can get a LOT of EC by the game autoselling all parts in excess of 99. It's only 1 EC per item, but that adds up.
---
Official Anthony of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
^the perplexity of an absurd delusion*
#7joekagePosted 9/28/2013 11:49:58 PM
Sans Pants posted...
All you miss out on is the EC, but you can get a LOT of EC by the game autoselling all parts in excess of 99. It's only 1 EC per item, but that adds up.

That's obviously wrong. Better item give better EC. Bronze items give you about 10 EC, while silver give 20 EC for each item.
#8superobo4everPosted 9/29/2013 7:26:06 AM
when you replay a stage the game asks u 2 questions, the first say yes, the second choose no.
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#9masterman97Posted 9/29/2013 7:48:58 AM
What everyone is saying above is true.
But if you want to gain massive levels, choose a recent stage and bring Dunbine and Final Dancouga with you.
Have Final Fancouga increase its own will to 130. Have Dunbine cast Double Exp on unit you wanna level. Have weak unit attack enemy and Final Dancouga use its strongest attack as support. If you kill a group of 5 or 6 enemies, you'll level everytime and then just retire before the enemies' turn and do it again.

I got Keroro from level 7 to level 53 in a little over an hour.

But if you're trying to get a slightly weaker unit leveled adequately with the rest, or if you're just trying power your units up, this works wonders. Simulators are crappy. Do story stages.
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#10anbenleePosted 9/29/2013 8:38:12 AM
Stage before 24-1 would be the best for Mappers due to infinite spawn mucus