Questions about gameplay

#1GX6000Posted 10/30/2013 2:47:25 AM
I was thinking of getting this game as I have finished all games that I currently own. Does this game play like the other super robot wars games using sp, increasing hp, etc? And how is the gameplay in general for this game? Thank you.
---
United we stand; divided we fall.
#2DavzzPosted 10/30/2013 4:24:26 AM
GX6000 posted...
I was thinking of getting this game as I have finished all games that I currently own. Does this game play like the other super robot wars games using sp, increasing hp, etc? And how is the gameplay in general for this game? Thank you.

It plays like NEO. Unless you never played that.

Some changes are:
1) 3D Map and movement, rather than 2D/grid.

2) Lots of new weapon properties that are more fun, like Knockback/Fire/Freeze/Shock.

3) SP doesn't start off at full, you have to take and deal damage to increase your SP.

A lot of the stats and concepts are the same though.

Unfortunately this game itself has too much filler in it. NEO's a much better handling of the concept.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#3superobo4everPosted 10/30/2013 4:26:46 AM
yeah you use sp and everything (you get more sp when you attack something) with small 3D maps
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u
#4joekagePosted 10/30/2013 4:42:45 AM
I haven't played NEO but treasure spots and replay system also are new features.
#5GX6000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:42:44 AM
I have played NEO and I must say that it is very similar with the knock back, electric/fire, and the increase in sp each turn. Its sad to hear that this game is mostly filler. I will try to get this game as I liked the NEO system and its bgm for the units. Thank you!
---
#6GX6000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 3:58:40 PM
Ok so I started playing the game and I finished 3 stages.

1) How do you upgrade the other units you played with? (gundam, guntank)

2) Why is the unit's bgm the same as the stage's bgm in stages 3 and 4?

3) Since I can use cheats, is there an infinite sp cheat?

Thank you.
---
#7DavzzPosted 11/2/2013 9:45:11 PM
GX6000 posted...
1) How do you upgrade the other units you played with? (gundam, guntank)

You can't until later. In the story, the OYW people have not officially "joined" up with the original Connect Force yet and are fighting in two different locations, that's why you can't upgrade them.

Expect some pain and misery because of this.

2) Why is the unit's bgm the same as the stage's bgm in stages 3 and 4?

Sometimes stage BGMs are set to be the same as unit BGMs. Other times they aren't. Shrug.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#8GX6000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 8:46:58 AM(edited)
Wow thats just sad -__-. I would like to know How to go beyond the 100% upgrade. Every time I press circle and message in JP appears and nothing happens.
#9GX6000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:35:31 PM
Sorry for the double post but I want to confirm something regarding the bgm. I am still at part 1 in the stage you get Raijinoh. When I attack with my original, his bgm appears but whenever I attack with Raijinoh or any other unit there is no change in bgm. Is this normal or do I have a bad copy of the game?
---
#10superobo4everPosted 11/3/2013 8:49:26 PM
GX6000 posted...
Sorry for the double post but I want to confirm something regarding the bgm. I am still at part 1 in the stage you get Raijinoh. When I attack with my original, his bgm appears but whenever I attack with Raijinoh or any other unit there is no change in bgm. Is this normal or do I have a bad copy of the game?

normal, you can change that in the bgm options
---
$RW OE getto! de arima$u