EC Farming

#1extremegunnerPosted 10/30/2013 7:17:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Any advice on where to farm EC? I'm facing EC crunch after purchasing some gold equipments and upgrading some mechs due for force deploy.

I'd like to get the FUB on certain mechs that I like ;) Currently on Chapter 6
#2ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/30/2013 7:22:38 PM
On this note, is there a Spirit or anything else that has a similar effect to EC as Luck/Gain/Bless/whatever does to money?
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#3DavzzPosted 10/30/2013 7:28:20 PM
First things first: If you haven't already, go to your achievements list and press on everything to collect EC because you get EC from doing them.

The preview stage where Dunbine first appears (sorry, forgot the exact number) is the one that people suggest to farm EC from. It's extremely short and EC is basically farmed by number of stages regardless of its difficulty.

ShinyFeraligatr posted...
On this note, is there a Spirit or anything else that has a similar effect to EC as Luck/Gain/Bless/whatever does to money?

Nope.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#4srwghkPosted 10/31/2013 12:32:34 PM(edited)
Davzz posted...
First things first: If you haven't already, go to your achievements list and press on everything to collect EC because you get EC from doing them.

The preview stage where Dunbine first appears (sorry, forgot the exact number) is the one that people suggest to farm EC from. It's extremely short and EC is basically farmed by number of stages regardless of its difficulty.

Lovely :) thank you for sharing this information. i just freaking hate the EC system worst thing ever implemented in the game. i have total 7M money i can't even use all of it. Let's hope SRW games don't ever use this system again. And this reminds me that i have to powerlvl my Zoids team since i can't proceed to the game at Chapter 8 Stage 30 without dying instantly =.= Anyone knows which stage bosses has the massive amount of exp? or even is there a fastest way to powerlvl them?

ShinyFeraligatr posted...

Nope.

It would be nice to have, so far i played the game Sadly :( i don't think this is in the game
#5DavzzPosted 10/31/2013 7:08:41 PM
srwghk posted...
And this reminds me that i have to powerlvl my Zoids team since i can't proceed to the game at Chapter 8 Stage 30 without dying instantly =.= Anyone knows which stage bosses has the massive amount of exp? or even is there a fastest way to powerlvl them?

Bosses don't really give much EXP in this game compared to other SRWs.

I think the best way to grind would be to equip a bunch of armor parts on whoever you need to grind, send him out alone against all the grunts in a stage to counter everything and then quit the mission when you run out of Energy/HP/whatever. You don't have to completely win a mission to retain EXP.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#6ShinyFeraligatrPosted 10/31/2013 7:58:04 PM
Davzz posted...

Are there any enemies that give massive amounts of EXP/money, a la the Chiram in Z?
---
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#7srwghkPosted 11/1/2013 5:37:44 AM
Davzz posted...
srwghk posted...
And this reminds me that i have to powerlvl my Zoids team since i can't proceed to the game at Chapter 8 Stage 30 without dying instantly =.= Anyone knows which stage bosses has the massive amount of exp? or even is there a fastest way to powerlvl them?

I think the best way to grind would be to equip a bunch of armor parts on whoever you need to grind, send him out alone against all the grunts in a stage to counter everything and then quit the mission when you run out of Energy/HP/whatever. You don't have to completely win a mission to retain EXP.

I use the risky way instead, Equipping all parts that + HP and defense on the unit. and try to get rid of the massive boss hp to a tiny amount. then send out the unit you want to powerlvl it (which i am using the Zoids team) and activate all defense spirits if the unit has any like Iron Wall and buff the unit with Cheer for bonus exp.

Lastly, move your strongest damaging unit to the boss and park there (I use my lvl 95 Wing Gundam equipped with items that increase all stats like Haro and Keroro Ball), End the phase and next, Move the unit you want to powerlvl to the boss and attempt to attack it and pray hoping the boss won't 1 hit KO it. (which probably won't happen with high amount of gold mix with silver armors) The total i gotten if i can remember correctly is about 15k to 19k HP.

Overall the highest exp i gotten from one of the bosses is 400k+ with Cheer buff of course. after receiving that my lvl 44 Zoids jump to lvl 50 which is pretty impressive but there's 20 more levels to go before my Zoids can finally attack and survive on Lvl 70+ enemies. I'm not sure if there's any more bosses gives higher than that though :)

Yeah units with massive MAP range are the quickest units to level up fast. It's a pain in the ass on leveling those without MAP attack =.=
#8joekagePosted 11/4/2013 3:58:49 AM
extremegunner posted...
Hi Guys,

Any advice on where to farm EC? I'm facing EC crunch after purchasing some gold equipments and upgrading some mechs due for force deploy.

If you reach 99 limit of some parts, some stages at chapter 6 where you fight Mucus Gate and the unlimited number of Mucus can give you large amount of EC. Deploy units with strong breakthrough and MAP attacks and kill Mucus over and over. I did that and got around 2200 EC in one and a half hour.
#9ShinyFeraligatrPosted 11/4/2013 10:34:32 AM
joekage posted...
extremegunner posted...
Hi Guys,

If you reach 99 limit of some parts, some stages at chapter 6 where you fight Mucus Gate and the unlimited number of Mucus can give you large amount of EC. Deploy units with strong breakthrough and MAP attacks and kill Mucus over and over. I did that and got around 2200 EC in one and a half hour.

>extra parts autosold for EC

Well, now, that's useful.
---
#10srwghkPosted 11/4/2013 3:21:10 PM
Davzz posted...

I just found the stage if i am not wrong, it is at the last 2 stages above on Chapter 3. If you're still here, i wonder if i am doing the correct way on farming the EC? i get about 45 EC each run without using the balance mode which limits your unit to the enemy lvl,stats. While turning on Balance mode i get twice the amount of EC which is 90EC. Is this the fastest way to farm EC already?

Sorry for another newbie question, I wonder how do you managed to get the Bonus EC with each stages? Is there a requirement to it? I meant example like the requirement of it is using Wing Gundam to destroy a enemy and that should fulfill the requirement to unlock the bonus EC, using other than Wing Gundam to destroy the enemy won't net you that bonus EC.

Here's another question, Let's say once you get the Bonus EC from some stages, i wonder if it's possible to replay that stage and get it again? or it's just once and that's it?