Mid Chapter 6 - More thoughts from me

#11matthewcarter50Posted 11/21/2013 7:41:40 AM
Exart is absolutely excellent, Waver Gun is a great free move, its finishers are strong, and its map attack in particular is great, as well as two subpilots with great spirit lists. Absolutely one of the best units in the game - I was just talking pure damage output. You can actually compare it yourself - Remove all items (because anyone can use items, if you say give Exart a High Power Drive or Kero Ball, why not give the others one too? There are some exceptions, Rune Knight can really take advantage of a max morale up item because of how fast he gains morale thanks to his Black Knight ability, a MAP can gain him nearly 50 morale.) replay an old level and accept the auto-leveling/upgrading (So as to put yourself on an equal playing field - No favoritism) and just compare damages at equal morales.

Exzart 155 Morale finisher - 61000 (Crit)
Genobreaker 155 = 84000 (Crit)
F Dancougar 155 = 83500 (Crit)

As for other units, I never had much luck with the Code Geass units. Gawain is solid (I like it more than Shinkiro due to C.C., as I played him as a supporter, though Shinkiro seems like it has a great barrier and MAP), Kallen has a good double-piercing attack but runs out of EN in 5 seconds, and Suzaku's decent but his Curse of Geass never activates as often as it says it should.
---
If I blindfold myself and put on giant foam hands, Super Mario World becomes the most difficult game ever made.
#12joekagePosted 11/21/2013 8:35:46 AM
matthewcarter50 posted...
Exart is absolutely excellent, Waver Gun is a great free move, its finishers are strong, and its map attack in particular is great, as well as two subpilots with great spirit lists. Absolutely one of the best units in the game - I was just talking pure damage output. You can actually compare it yourself - Remove all items (because anyone can use items, if you say give Exart a High Power Drive or Kero Ball, why not give the others one too? There are some exceptions, Rune Knight can really take advantage of a max morale up item because of how fast he gains morale thanks to his Black Knight ability, a MAP can gain him nearly 50 morale.) replay an old level and accept the auto-leveling/upgrading (So as to put yourself on an equal playing field - No favoritism) and just compare damages at equal morales.

Exzart 155 Morale finisher - 61000 (Crit)
Genobreaker 155 = 84000 (Crit)
F Dancougar 155 = 83500 (Crit)

As for other units, I never had much luck with the Code Geass units. Gawain is solid (I like it more than Shinkiro due to C.C., as I played him as a supporter, though Shinkiro seems like it has a great barrier and MAP), Kallen has a good double-piercing attack but runs out of EN in 5 seconds, and Suzaku's decent but his Curse of Geass never activates as often as it says it should.

Some reasons from me in that case:

Pilot's abilities: Seishirou is better than Raven. Full upgrade Exart is for this reason, while a full upgrade Genobreaker seems more like a tanker than an attacker. Raven doesn't have anything to increase Genobreaker's attack power, while Seishirou has, that is Precise Attack that increase Critical Damage.

Weaponry: I don't need to tell, full upgrade Exart's weaponry boost it's attack power due to the bonus add-on. If you upgrade Exart's weapons, it adds 2000 points while if we take a look at Genobreaker, it is merely 800 points. And according to your comparison, it depends on type of enemy, because Genobreaker's final move is anti-large as well as Dancouga while Exart don't have that, and if you get Seishirou to somewhere around level 150, it make a big difference due to the weapon's power x18 bonus. Like you said, it probably because you didn't full upgrade yet. 6 bars of upgrade and 10 bars of upgrade is different, try that.

Mech abilities: not much to say but isn't Organoid System requires morale? Exart has 2 shooting attacks that doesn't really need morale and can hit good.

Those are just my point of view, but I need to see the 20 bars of upgrade to judge more.

On side note, 2chan also rate Exart and Gosaurer as bests and to me that is easily understandable. Check it out:
http://www.google.com.vn/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=16&cad=rja&ved=0CFgQFjAFOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftoro.2ch.net%2Ftest%2Fread.cgi%2Fgamerobo%2F1380407899%2F&ei=GyiOUq2OHMijiQKd-IGABw&usg=AFQjCNEgwW-Oc0WaOYHcYFwGaWgUnMw0Gw&sig2=Z9xxseIXkXxrp2cnUIcPDg&bvm=bv.56988011,d.cGE
#13matthewcarter50Posted 11/21/2013 12:49:47 PM(edited)
Just tested out full upgrading for fun - This actually INCREASES the damage difference.

FUB Exzart Vs Red Mucus (Second Last Level) (+50% Damage, +50% Crit)
- 69795, with a crit

FUB Genobreaker vs the same enemy
- 101055 with a crit.

I'm almost certain its because Genobreaker is the only mech with Piercing, and leveling up its rank makes it even MORE ridiculous. Just try it out! And Organoid system can be used at 100 morale, AND his finisher requires only 120.

Also, Genobreaker is only L compared to Dancougar, and any enemy you want to do THAT Much damage to will be bigger than L (Large Mucus, almost all bosses except perhaps the Zakarl)

That tier list was released before Chapter 8 even came out, though I do agree that Gosaurer and Exart are extremely strong units.

---
If I blindfold myself and put on giant foam hands, Super Mario World becomes the most difficult game ever made.
#14Davzz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 6:31:41 PM
He seems to be testing it with everyone at level 150... which seems highly impractical to me and if you're already level 150, you're going to be winning from the sheer sake of being level 150.

Reminds me of "FF6 tier lists" where they list characters like Locke as being top because of some kind of Genji Glove 9999 damage multiple hits thing, but you need to be level 99 for that, in that case you could really win the game with a naked character anyway.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#15joekagePosted 11/22/2013 7:37:44 AM
Just tested out full upgrading for fun - This actually INCREASES the damage difference.

FUB Exzart Vs Red Mucus (Second Last Level) (+50% Damage, +50% Crit)
- 69795, with a crit

FUB Genobreaker vs the same enemy
- 101055 with a crit.

I'm almost certain its because Genobreaker is the only mech with Piercing, and leveling up its rank makes it even MORE ridiculous. Just try it out! And Organoid system can be used at 100 morale, AND his finisher requires only 120.

Also, Genobreaker is only L compared to Dancougar, and any enemy you want to do THAT Much damage to will be bigger than L (Large Mucus, almost all bosses except perhaps the Zakarl)

That tier list was released before Chapter 8 even came out, though I do agree that Gosaurer and Exart are extremely strong units.

Honestly, it is your pathetic level Seishirou that gives you pathetic damage. I already tested it out. Both no items, Seishirou at level 103 and Raven at 89, and well, it doesn't give big change so let's us add additional 5000 damage to Raven. The result?

Against the Red Giga Neckton: no critical, both 239 morale.
Genobreaker: 117000 damage
Exart: 84000 damage

So why there are big different. It's Genobreaker have anti-large against a 2L size Neckton. And yet... NO CRITICAL. Satisfy?

Now let's compare to a victim that is a normal Neckton:
Genobreaker: 83000 damage
Exart: 94000 damage.
Again... no critical yet and for both I didn't even give +50% critical to Exart.

Haven't reached level 150 but I'm sure the gasp will be balanced.

Davzz posted...
He seems to be testing it with everyone at level 150... which seems highly impractical to me and if you're already level 150, you're going to be winning from the sheer sake of being level 150.

Reminds me of "FF6 tier lists" where they list characters like Locke as being top because of some kind of Genji Glove 9999 damage multiple hits thing, but you need to be level 99 for that, in that case you could really win the game with a naked character anyway.

I haven't tested anything on Exart. It's just that near the end I realised that is the most balanced and one of the strongest in the game.
#16R4gnaxPosted 11/23/2013 3:46:28 AM
Exart is absolutely excellent, Waver Gun is a great free move

FYI; it's Exert (as in exerting force) and Weber Gun (as in the SI unit of magnetic flux). Exert is themed after physics...