It's Time (Z3 Announced)

#1ValzacardXPosted 12/24/2013 9:38:56 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/24/3rd-super-robot-taisen-z-announced-ps3-vita/

Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Gurren Lagann: The Movie,
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone,
Rebuild of Evangelion,
Aquarion EVOL,
Trider G7,
Testsujin 28-go,
Six God Combination Godmars,
Armored Trooper Votoms,
Armored Trooper Votoms: Battle Of The Heterogeneous Species,
Armored Trooper Votoms: Shining Heresy,
Super Dimension Century Orguss
Getter Robo Armageddon,
Gunbuster,
Z Gundam,
Charís Counterattack,
Gundam W Endless Waltz,
Gundam SEED Destiny,
Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer,
Gundam Unicorn,
Macross 7,
Macross Frontier,
Macross Dynamite 7,
Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen,
Daiguard, Fullmetal Panic,
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu,
Full Metal Panic: Second Raid,
The Big O and
Dancouga Nova.

---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#2srwghkPosted 12/24/2013 11:00:32 AM(edited)
Gunbuster!? Full Metal Panic!?!?!? OMG Finally! i was waiting for a long time for them to reappear again on a SRW series :P and not to mention that it's for PS3 and PSVITA and releases at April 10 2014. Damn!! this is a nice way to start a day :) yeah i just woke up.

Glad that Gundam Unicorn is on the list :) i can't wait to listen to Sawano's music
#3TakayaNorikoPosted 12/25/2013 5:46:57 PM
ValzacardX posted...
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone,
Rebuild of Evangelion,

It's like they just couldn't decide which title to go with.
---
Shame on you, bad signal!
#4masterman97Posted 12/25/2013 7:36:51 PM
Wtf? Aren't we missing some?
Where the hell is Baldios? GodSigma? Final Dancouga? Gravion?
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#5DavzzPosted 12/25/2013 11:02:55 PM
masterman97 posted...
Wtf? Aren't we missing some?
Where the hell is Baldios? GodSigma? Final Dancouga? Gravion?

Yes, we are missing a bunch. Here's a list:

Overman King Gainer
After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Daitarn 3
Zambot 3
Xabungle
Space Emperor God Sigma
Space Warrior Baldios
Gravion
Gravion Zwei
Dancougar

Most of the cut series were Z1 units with no plot in Z2, probably because the way Z2 handled them was widely criticized.

Z2 was already kind of super bloated in series list and most of the returning series don't even really make great showings in Z2. If every single series returned from Z1 -> Z3 then there's probably going to be even more bloated.

MAYBE they'll show up again in Z3-2 but I would honestly rather see new interesting things like Muv Luv or Demonbane or something.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."
#6masterman97Posted 12/26/2013 7:41:07 AM
I guess you're right but it's so disheartening to see Baldios go. I'd love some Demonbane also, but for someone who plays for the gameplay like me, it's sad. Oh well.

Still excited ragardless.
---
Giga Drill Breaker
#7warcueidPosted 12/28/2013 3:46:44 PM
Vita Download only lol
#8BlackmagicksrocPosted 12/31/2013 8:05:26 AM
You know, I realize there was no precedent for it, but I always wanted a combo attack between Baldios and Godsigma. I don't even know how it would work, but I wanted it. Looks like its not happening

You know, maybe if cross-series combo attacks were still a thing, this wouldn't be an issue? The way dreamcast handled it was brilliant.

R-1 and Cybuster working together...!

We're never seeing that again, for whatever reason.
---
Official Zeta Gundam Pilot of the Super Robot Taisen Z 2 Board
#9ShinyFeraligatrPosted 1/5/2014 4:51:12 AM
Davzz posted...

Yes, we are missing a bunch. Here's a list:

Overman King Gainer
After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Daitarn 3
Zambot 3
Xabungle
Space Emperor God Sigma
Space Warrior Baldios
Gravion
Gravion Zwei
Dancougar

Most of the cut series were Z1 units with no plot in Z2, probably because the way Z2 handled them was widely criticized.

Z2 was already kind of super bloated in series list and most of the returning series don't even really make great showings in Z2. If every single series returned from Z1 -> Z3 then there's probably going to be even more bloated.

MAYBE they'll show up again in Z3-2 but I would honestly rather see new interesting things like Muv Luv or Demonbane or something.

There's a few more missing, actually. You forgot the Eureka 7 movie (and the show for that matter), and the ZEUTH guys who aren't back (the Mazingers, Getter G group, and E7 show) all aren't in either (and technically, Z2 phased out Gravion because nothing that wasn't in Zwei was in) as well as Aquarion.

We'll probably see them in Z3-2, though, and I have an actual reason to think so. See, a couple of those don't really make sense (Daitarn could have had its plot fit in, the Zambot kids and Watta are good friends, and Dancouga is a part of ZEXIS) UNLESS you consider them being taken out as applying a nerf to Dancouga Nova and Trider, because now they don't have the combos (and those can be added back in Z3-2)
---
Skill my HEART, ginga no hademate! Atsui yume wo moyase, ALL I CAN DO!
Skill my SOUL, Tamashii wo yobi samase! Jidai ga ore wo, michibiku kagiri, muteki SAAA!!
#10DavzzPosted 1/5/2014 7:42:22 AM
ShinyFeraligatr posted...
and the ZEUTH guys who aren't back (the Mazingers, Getter G group, and E7 show) all aren't in either

Well, I didn't make the list, but that's probably because it was intended as a Z2 -> Z3 list.

We'll probably see them in Z3-2, though...

Well, like I said... I would honestly rather see some new exciting series than having those guys return.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Have withstood pain to read many words."