Prince Lawrence? (Spoilers)

#1MugsizzlePosted 10/12/2013 2:33:55 PM
Just finished the awesome first chapter of this game, and my choices at the end note that I wasn't able to save Prince Lawrence.

Anyone know if there's a way to actually prevent him from dying?

I chose to go to Toad's apartment first, so maybe choose him first?
#2zavlinzPosted 10/12/2013 2:39:22 PM(edited)
Yeah im guessing thats if you choose to go to lawrence first. I also chose toad. (and im glad i did because that was a pretty awesome interrogation scene)

crap.... really need all episodes to be out nooow!!
#3sheridanmovieguPosted 10/12/2013 4:48:49 PM
I went there first and he was alive, but as I was hiding the closet watching one of the Tweedles mill around the apartment (trying to figure out what he was after) he shot himself. It might have been possible to stop him, since there were jump out options at both Lawrence and the intruder, but it happened before I even knew what was going on.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#4TheNormPosted 10/12/2013 4:59:37 PM
I saved him.

You have to press A before he shoots himself.
---
The Norm
#5AtomSmasher99Posted 10/13/2013 12:04:26 PM(edited)
I saved him too.
I told him faith was missing, and I think telling him faith is dead most likely compels him to aim the gun at himself, instead of Dee. Other factors may be involved, though.

Also, you get to do the interrogation scene with Toad regardless of where you choose to go first.
#6Crystal_DreamPosted 10/13/2013 2:01:36 PM(edited)
AtomSmasher99 posted...
Also, you get to do the interrogation scene with Toad regardless of where you choose to go first.

Well ****, any differences?
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#7C810Posted 10/13/2013 3:38:49 PM
AtomSmasher99 posted...
I saved him too.
I told him faith was missing, and I think telling him faith is dead most likely compels him to aim the gun at himself, instead of Dee. Other factors may be involved, though.

I told Lawrence that Faith was dead and he didn't shoot himself. But I busted out of the closet before Dee could do anything so I don't know if that would change how the scene plays out
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
http://bit.ly/1gJaKrZ
#8AtomSmasher99Posted 10/13/2013 3:56:27 PM
Crystal_Dream posted...
AtomSmasher99 posted...

Well ****, any differences?

You don't get that scene where you head upstairs and look around, presumably because Dum has already come and gone by that point.

Also, toad has a line of dialog about you taking too long but it doesn't really change anything it seems.
#9DABaracusPosted 10/13/2013 5:53:19 PM
If you go to Toad first, he dies. If you go to the Prince first, he lives.
#10DABaracusPosted 10/13/2013 7:19:25 PM
DABaracus posted...
If you go to Toad first, he dies. If you go to the Prince first, he lives.

But if you go to the Prince first, & tell him that Faith is dead, he will shoot himself, unless you jump out and stop him.